login

Author Topic: Maskless superheroes  (Read 10031 times)

feinting goats

Maskless superheroes
« on: April 19, 2012, 03:46:57 PM »
HEY HOLLYWOOD...STOP MAKING SUPERHERO MOVIES WHERE THE SUPERHERO NEVER WEARS HIS DAMN MASK!!!!!   

I mean they only put on the mask for like 20-30 seconds TOPS. 

You can't even tell if its a superhero movie at all.  All you see or remember is the actors face, the actors face, the actors face.

F*** the actors face!!!! 

Take your damn ego out of the equation.  We want the hero.  Not YOU.

And don't nobody give me any of that "hard to show emotions when in the mask" nonsense.  Don't give them an out they don't deserve. 

And its a SUPERHERO MOVIE anyhow.  who CARES about emotions.  Let them show that trifle with their alter egos.

I want to see Captain America

not Chris Evans' purse lipped pouty face.

I want to see Hawkeye in full purps. 

not Jeremy Renner the poseur in black leather.

I want to see Thor with the head wingys.

not whoever this is with the 100% unobscured fabulous hairdo.

I want to see Iron Man. 

Not Iron Man's body with a squishy Robert Downey head.

/end rant

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Maskless superheroes
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 04:42:27 PM »
I do agree to a certain extent. I mean, the ultimate in this is Judge Dredd, of course. Where they just HAD to show Stalone's face. Which is stupid for several reasons, including that we recognize the guy's lower jaw anyway, and his unique voice. So he could have gone the whole movie with the helmet on (far more of a coverup than those silly masks) and we still would have known who was in it.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 04:45:43 PM »
they seem to be going with a pre-dead-family version of ultimate hawkeye, no?
dF = 0
d*F = J

feinting goats

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 05:01:15 PM »
On the other hand you got Scarlett Johansen:

i'm thinking something more like this:

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 09:15:46 PM by feinting goats »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 05:56:57 PM »
Uh...NSFW! Seriously.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 06:56:45 PM »
They have to pay a shit load of money for these guys, so they have to get their moneys worth by showing that these "stars" are actually in the movie.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

feinting goats

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 07:17:27 PM »
Uh...NSFW! Seriously.

how do you do nsfw post?  please tell me because im a little slow, thanks.

MontyServo

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 07:21:03 PM »
Generally on this forum, you don't post NSFW items.  At least I never see them on here.  It just doesn't seem like that kind of forum.  Not the kind of vibe I usually see around here.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 07:24:15 PM »
Uh...NSFW! Seriously.

Check this post out:

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=23746.0

As Monty said, generally it doesn't happen, but I see it doesn't seem to be outright banned in the rules, so:

I believe you need to have started a specifically labeled NSFW thread, and also images should be hidden (using the spoiler tags) and CLEARLY labeled as such.
FINE

feinting goats

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 07:46:06 PM »
Uh...NSFW! Seriously.

Check this post out:

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=23746.0

As Monty said, generally it doesn't happen, but I see it doesn't seem to be outright banned in the rules, so:

I believe you need to have started a specifically labeled NSFW thread, and also images should be hidden (using the spoiler tags) and CLEARLY labeled as such.

isnt there a way to like have a sign that says NSFW on it and if you click it then it shows the naughty image?  would that be cool?

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 07:55:47 PM »
You mean you post an image that says NSFW and link it to an image if people click it? I think that'd be fine.

Erik (TorgosPizza) is really the person to ask.
FINE

feinting goats

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 09:16:06 PM »
fixed :)

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 09:25:28 PM »
They have to pay a shit load of money for these guys, so they have to get their moneys worth by showing that these "stars" are actually in the movie.

I don't know why they don't just hire unknown actors who can play the part and save some money and let the hero's have their masks.  I mean it's not like hiring Chris Reeves over Robert Redford hurt Superman,but now a days I get the impression that Reeves would not have even been aloud to try out for the part.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 201
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 09:48:12 PM »
Funny that Judge Dredd was mentioned...for those who don't know, Karl Urban (guy from Lord of the Rings, Doom, Star Trek, and many films of dubious quality) is supposed to be in a new Judge Dredd movie due out sometime this year or the next.  And unlike Stallone, they made a big deal about him NEVER removing the mask.  He said it was hard to overcome the emotional barrier, but he did it anyway.  Whether the MOVIE will be any good is up to debate, but Karl did go that extra mile to please the fans.

And I've been thinking about that sort of thing, myself, and I wonder if it's work by the screenwriter doing it for economical purposes or if it's the actors themselves.  In the case of The Hulk movies, I'm pretty sure the reason you see a lot more Eric Bana/Ed Norton than the Hulk is that the CG Hulk is more expensive than the actor's paychecks.  Hell, apparently coating Lou Ferrigno in green paint (which, if you look closely, isn't even a paint job that lasted for the five minutes he's onscreen every episode) was expensive enough for the studio to consider having the Hulk show up ONCE per episode.  That is a bit understandable...but at that point, why not just make a CG movie so we don't have to keep pointing out how fake the CG looks all the time?

But for any actor who bitches and moans about having to wear a mask, I say, ask Ron Perlman.  The man spent not one, but TWO movies coated from head to toe in red paint and prosthetics, and was onscreen for most of that running time...and he loves that character.  Ryan Reynolds couldn't even be bothered to wear what amounted to a $1.95 opera mask, and a CG one at that (all jokes about it even being practical aside), and a guy nearly twice his age schleps around for 16 hours a day looking like an overcooked sumo wrestler?  Sorry, no sympathy here, buddy.

Ego or economy, people go to superhero movies for the superheroes.  And there are actors willing to go through hell to play those parts and play them right.  I say, give 'em their due, famous or not.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline a pretty girl is like

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 450
  • I hast had enow of thine effrontery!
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2012, 04:08:06 AM »

I don't know why they don't just hire unknown actors who can play the part and save some money and let the hero's have their masks.  I mean it's not like hiring Chris Reeves over Robert Redford hurt Superman,but now a days I get the impression that Reeves would not have even been aloud to try out for the part.

Superman doesn't wear a mask.
I'm all out for kicks...and every inch of me spells EXCITEMENT!