Author Topic: All Invited To April 26-28 NFL Party in Houston  (Read 4248 times)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
All Invited To April 26-28 NFL Party in Houston
« on: April 05, 2012, 08:49:40 AM »
Since the three day NFL draft is thursday-Saturday on April 26th thru 28th, I'm hosting a three day BBQ-Beer-movie festival again this year.   Anyone can come over, stay for 3 days, eat and drink and watch the draft.   The movies will be shown at night.

Yeah, it's weird but fun.

We will have tons of smoked meat!

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: All Invited To April 26-28 NFL Party in Houston
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 09:12:47 AM »
Well Hell.. I doubt I'll be able to get off work so I'll just have to be there in mind and spirit :'(

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 09:21:13 AM »
We will have tons of smoked meat!

Yeah you will.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...

Offline RoninFox

• Mr Bungle
  • Liked:
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 09:57:04 AM »
The Thursday and Friday parts will have work in the way, but I think dropping in on Saturday is certainly in the cards.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 05:31:25 PM »
Well Hell.. I doubt I'll be able to get off work so I'll just have to be there in mind and spirit :'(
I am sure wherever there is tequilla RVR II is there at least in spirit.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 08:22:02 PM »
That is the next best thing ;D

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 08:39:45 AM »
It is coming up on that time of year again…… the annual NFL Draft.   And before you ask, no, it is never too early to plan these kind of things!   Just think of this as a community meeting without the PowerPoint slides……..

And no, the fact that the Saints cheated and lost all their coaches does not impact the fact that there WILL be a draft.  And since ESPN and the NFL Network will be showing it, we need to watch to see who our favorite teams pick.   

Despite the NFL’s attempt to mess up all draft parties by having round one Thursday the 26th at 6:30pm, we have found a work around!

The NFL is starting rounds 2 and 3 on Friday the 27th at 5pm.   Rounds 4-7 will be held on Saturday the 28th starting at 9am.   Our plan is to start the draft party Thursday night and continue until round 1 concludes later in the evening.   After that, there will be an official “movie” festival lasting into the wee hours.   Early AM on Friday, the brisket and ribs go in the smoker.  After that, the draft party picks up again Friday and will continue into the late evening.   After that, there will be another official “movie” festival lasting into the wee hours until 9am on Saturday when the draft resumes for until around noon on Saturday.   After the draft concludes on Saturday (weather permitting) there will be a trip to the Shooting Range, video game, whatever.   So, since we live in Texas, bring your weapons to the draft party!   A word of warning, anyone shooting my TV because the Texans draft another backup cornerback from the SEC will be asked to leave.

We will be smoking/grilling briskets, ribs, chickens, sausages and burgers, ….. just about anything that had a pulse.    There will be pizza, chips, dips, snacks and some vegetarian safe food as well.   Beer, wine, cigars, mixed drinks and soda will be provided.   No need to bring anything unless you want to bring chips or something like that.  If you can think of someone else who would want to come, ask them.   As always, spouses, significant others, kids, dogs, etc are also invited.   Please invite team members from your area and any other friends you may want to bring.

Those wishing to watch cartoons, baseball or in RVRII's case, his prized “Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants” DVD, there will be other TVs available. 

Come Thursday, come Friday, come Saturday, stay for all three days, your option.  For those that want to take part in the full experience, pack a toothbrush and plan on staying over as there is plenty of bed space (most of not in the lawn).   There are already people planning on doing that, so feel free to join in.

DIRECTIONS:

I live around HW 290 and Barker’s Cypress. You can either get to it by heading North on Barker’s Cypress or by taking 290 West and exiting left on Barker’s Cypress. Hey, this is why www.mapquest.com and GPS devices were invented.

Turn into the Stonegate subdivision (right if coming up Barker’s Cypress or left if coming from 290). This street is Queenston. Turn left on Cypress-north Houston, take your next right at the Guard Tower on Canyon Green. Ask the guard to buzz you in. Drive past the pool and turn right on Red Crest. Red Crest will wind to the left after a bit. Turn right on Silver Rush Drive. Silver Rush will also wind to the left. I will be almost at the end of the street on the right.

16211 Zinnia Drive
Houston, TX  77095
281-213-9637 (h)
281-433-7687 (m)

NFL's official draft site in case you want to study ahead of time http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012

Link to a site that hosts many NFL mock drafts for many fine hours of work-shirking fun http://www.nfl.com/draft/2012/mock-drafts

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 08:46:39 AM »
Hmm.. posting your numbers on a public forum could lead to drunken calls at 2am :o

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 09:11:33 AM »
Hmm.. posting your numbers on a public forum could lead to drunken calls at 2am :o

Number can be found on google, so no problems.....

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 09:23:45 AM »

Number can be found on google, so no problems.....
Ah well then.. I'll keep that in mind >:D

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 01:05:21 PM »
Well, we settled on the long three day dessert island.........excellant brownies with french ice cream to put on top if you like that.  Yeah, we got four boxes of brownies today, lol

Meat will be Gouda Bacon Cheeseburgers, Texas shredded pork, brats and smoked chicken.   

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 01:26:12 PM »
:o hungray naow! :P

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 09:09:59 AM »
Is this one of your German relatives you invited Bob ???

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked:
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2013, 10:32:59 AM »
Now the draft will be May 8th - 10th, but still a Barbeque fest will happen