Author Topic: General Movie News  (Read 361081 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6256
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: General Movie News
« Reply #3525 on: May 05, 2020, 08:47:25 AM »
https://trouble.city/articles/2020/5/1/brolin-and-dinklage-are-brothers

Josh Brolin and Peter Dinklage ... have signed on to star in Brothers, a new film to be written and directed by Macon Blair

sources say the project is in the same vein as the Schwarzenegger/DeVito film Twins

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7121
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #3526 on: May 05, 2020, 09:27:01 AM »
how close will that be to tiptoes?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4851

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3697
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #3528 on: May 11, 2020, 01:44:36 PM »
If there's an upside to the pandemic, it's that a lot of niche animated projects seem to be finding their way out of development hell.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 849
  • Define lunch or be disintegrated!
« Reply #3529 on: May 11, 2020, 07:24:44 PM »
If there's an upside to the pandemic, it's that a lot of niche animated projects seem to be finding their way out of development hell.
I hope we see that animated Transformers movie within a year or two. A Transformers movie with actual TALENT and care for the whole story and legacy behind it will be very, very refreshing. Like I said before though, Bumblebee was a VAST improvement over all the Bayformers entries.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3697
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #3530 on: May 20, 2020, 11:57:04 AM »
Well it looks like the mythical "Snyder Cut" of Justice League is going to be released on HBO MAX.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/zack-snyder-release-the-snyder-cut-justice-league-hbo-max-1234611928/

I'm curious, but not $15 a month curious. I might just wait for all of the new Looney Tunes stuff to come out, subscribe, watch, cancel.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2399
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #3531 on: May 20, 2020, 12:59:34 PM »
Well it looks like the mythical "Snyder Cut" of Justice League is going to be released on HBO MAX.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/zack-snyder-release-the-snyder-cut-justice-league-hbo-max-1234611928/

I'm curious, but not $15 a month curious. I might just wait for all of the new Looney Tunes stuff to come out, subscribe, watch, cancel.

I'm mostly curious to see how the rabid fanbase will react to a movie that cannot possibly live up to their expectations after they've begged for it for so long. My experience to date tells me that they'll turn against it instantly and declare it the worst thing in existence though it'll probably be no worse than any other DC movie, but they might have dug themselves in so deep in defending a movie that they didn't expect to actually see that they'll declare it the greatest achievement in cinema to spare themselves embarrassment.
RoninFoxTrax Presents Rocky

gum.co/RFTrocky

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4851
« Reply #3532 on: May 20, 2020, 01:24:21 PM »
Will Henry Cavill's mustache be present?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6256
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3533 on: May 20, 2020, 03:51:49 PM »

I'm mostly curious to see how the rabid fanbase will react to a movie that cannot possibly live up to their expectations after they've begged for it for so long. My experience to date tells me that they'll turn against it instantly and declare it the worst thing in existence though it'll probably be no worse than any other DC movie, but they might have dug themselves in so deep in defending a movie that they didn't expect to actually see that they'll declare it the greatest achievement in cinema to spare themselves embarrassment.
Oh they are definitely going to praise it. This will be an "Emporer has no clothes" situation. This is a fanbase that just wants to support DC movies over Marvel, regardless of quality.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1380
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #3534 on: May 20, 2020, 05:30:24 PM »

Haven't people suffered enough?
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)