Author Topic: Gotta Catch 'em All!  (Read 32939 times)

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 299
  • Bowsette is bae
Re: Gotta Catch 'em All!
« Reply #315 on: July 08, 2018, 02:26:45 PM »
I got a shiny Sunglasses Squirtle! It's got trash stats, but I'm going to keep that boy and evolve it for the swag points

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2432
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #316 on: July 08, 2018, 04:51:38 PM »
I got two regular shiny Squirtle, but no shiny sunglasses Squirtle. :(

I wasn't able to play much though as it fell during the boardgame day that I run once a month.

On top of that, I was too sick to attend Articuno day the day before, and an EX Raid the day before that. Garbage week for me :(
FINE

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1498
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #317 on: July 10, 2018, 06:57:54 AM »
My daughter caught a 100% Sunglasses Squirtle But didn’t realize until after the event. She evolved a different one and has no candy left.

My son ended up catching 12 shiny including 4 in a row at one point. Crazy!!

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #318 on: July 10, 2018, 12:09:24 PM »
Soon as I get the candy to evolve my Feebas, which will take forever, gonna probably stick the Squirtle as my buddy to get the candy for my Swagstoise

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #319 on: July 11, 2018, 07:12:58 PM »
Soon as I get the candy to evolve my Feebas, which will take forever, gonna probably stick the Squirtle as my buddy to get the candy for my Swagstoise

If you can be patient you may want to have another Feebas ready to evolve in case it is part of the Special Research for the next mythical pokemon

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #320 on: July 11, 2018, 08:06:16 PM »

If you can be patient you may want to have another Feebas ready to evolve in case it is part of the Special Research for the next mythical pokemon
I'm only at like 30 candies, and since I've had rubbish luck with Raids near me, I've basically been stuck walking to get it. At this rate, I'll probably have my Milotic by next June.

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #321 on: July 16, 2018, 07:38:36 PM »
I feel like Volcarona is one of the most underrated Pokemon on the competitive scene. That moth is so damned versatile. It can function in any weather, weather as a counter to the weather or working with your weather, it can Rage Powder/Tailwind/Will-o-Wisp support, you can give it Quiver Dance to increase it's already amazing stats, you can run Giga Drain, Hurricane, Heat Wave, Overheat, Bug Buzz, and I'm sure there's others that I'm missing. This bug proves that the Bug type is not weak, not anymore.

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #322 on: August 23, 2018, 07:39:48 PM »
Just hit level 40! :D
FINE

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #323 on: August 26, 2018, 08:15:52 AM »
New Rules for VGC 2019!

The cool thing is that there's going to be a shifting format through the season, limiting the items you can use at first, and slowly making them more available so that you have to continue to refine your team as the season goes on rather than make minor adjustments. At first, no megas or Z-crystals, then all Z-Crystals except Ultra Necrozium-Z, and finally all items and moves available through normal play. The other cool thing is that it's the return of the Generational Showdown format, so we get to use restricted Legends again. The team I've started theory crafting uses Lunala and Xerneas, but that might change. I just want to use best bat.

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #324 on: September 04, 2018, 10:19:50 PM »
I got a 96% Celebi! :D
FINE

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #325 on: September 12, 2018, 07:10:10 PM »
I got a 96% Celebi! :D

That’s awesome! Mine was only 83%. I’m just happy it was a “Wonder”

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #326 on: September 12, 2018, 08:25:17 PM »
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2019sunseries-804929620

While testing some changes to my VGC19 team on showdown, this happened. I felt really bad about this one. Guy got absolutely destroyed. The concept of the team is that Gravity boosts the accuracy of all moves by 2 stages, making things like Blizzard and Precipice Blades have 100% hit chance, and Grass Whistle having a 91% hit chance. Yeah, I rely on sleep turns. Yeah, it's kind of hit or miss. But damn, it feels good when something like this happens. Absolutely disgusting.

Online Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #327 on: October 16, 2018, 05:00:55 PM »
The first wave of Gen 4 dropped today! I only have a couple of bidoof so far.
FINE

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 266
  • "He's never fought me twice!"
« Reply #328 on: October 18, 2018, 09:13:24 AM »
Okay, I know how weird this is going to sound, because I'm really not big on the main Pokemon series of games. Honestly one of these days I'd be more interested in watching the anime. However, besides the show there are some aspects of the series I REALLY like. One of them is the Pokedex(The other is the Pokemon puzzle challenge). I had a Pokedex way back in 1998 when I got one from... damn, I think I got it from FAO Schwartz(Not sure if I spelled that right) in Las Vegas, NV. Anyway, I like the Pokedex a LOT but with the ravages of time you tend to lose stuff and... unfortunately that Pokedex is LONG, LONG gone, I have no idea where it's gone to after all these years.

Sorry, let me get to the point. For a while now they've had a Pokedex App on the 3DS Eshop channel. For those who have it or are interested in acquiring it... is it pretty cool? Is it worth the 15 bucks?

Offline Lesbunny

• Big Montana
  • Bowsette is bae
« Reply #329 on: October 18, 2018, 10:21:18 AM »
I would say no. There are plenty of apps on mobile phones for Pokedexes. I use a great one called PokeInfo. Totally free with loads of tools, but you can find plenty of more basic ones, too.