login

Author Topic: The Ninja Turtles are going to be ALIENS now? *sigh*  (Read 17941 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5474
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: The Ninja Turtles are going to be ALIENS now? *sigh*
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2014, 09:28:32 AM »
Failure of the movie? I think the compbination of nostalgia, popularity of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and the Bayization of it will ensure itmakes money. The fact that it'll be dogshit seems to be mostly irrelevant by now. How much money it'll make, we'll see how this weekend does.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2379
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2014, 09:47:12 AM »
The poor reviews so far combined with it going up against the monster that is Guardians of the Galaxy might be enough to make it "disappointing for the studio" if not an all out failure.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 453
« Reply #197 on: August 10, 2014, 06:37:26 PM »
You know... I actually liked it.  It wasn't too bad, honestly.  I came out of it with my childhood's innocence intact, the Turtles felt like "themselves", April seemed... okay.  Maybe like a younger, just starting-out version of herself, Vernon was great, Splinter was well done, Shredder as far as characters go was probably the weakest part.

But in the end... It was decent. 

It's not a *good* movie, for sure. But it's not terrible, I actually enjoyed it and got some good, genuine, "with it" laughs.   I think a couple of rewrites and a better director could have done a lot for this movie.   And as a Producer it didn't seem as "Bay-ed Up" as I feared it would be.  There's his usual nonsense in it, sure, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I had feared.

I think if you're a child of the '80s/'90s like I was you'd come out of this pretty okay with it.

I liked it. It's not great, plenty of room for improvement, but not as bas as it could have, or as I feared or even as bad as professional reviews are. 

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 86
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #198 on: August 11, 2014, 06:15:13 PM »
Okay, here we go:

In all fairness I wasn't expecting much, so it's entirely possible that influenced my opinion. On the other hand, there have been a few movies lately I thought I was going to hate and wound up really really enjoying, so, I'm capable of having my preconceptions changed. Not that I can say that was the case here.

I hated it.

Megan Fox was horribly miscast, every other April O'Neil has done a better job of Apriling than she did. Will Arnett's comedic talent was completely wasted. The Foot Clan were more terrorists than ninjas-- they had MACHINE GUNS for God's sake! The Shredder looked like he'd be more at home in the OTHER beloved childhood franchise that Michael Bay ruined. And the grand evil scheme the villains hatched was contrived as hell and lacking even a drop of originality.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Even the turtles weren't particularly ninja-like, they were more like gigantic bruisers instead of the swift, agile, acrobatic fighters that both the current TV series and even the 2007 movie managed to portray them as. Frankly, I have to wonder why they even bothered making them CGI when they didn't use that to their benefit AT ALL.

But OTHER THAN THAT, the movie was terrible.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3488
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #199 on: August 14, 2014, 12:50:42 PM »
I will say this at least....in the movie, Will Arnett ate a mustard and parmesan sandwich.