login

Author Topic: Space Adventures! (actual adventures contain little to no space)  (Read 561 times)

Offline Raefire

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 571
So, I've stumbled upon this Let's Play series of an old Sega CD system RPG/Adventure Game - and although it's 7 hours long in total, the commentary is perfect MST3King - and the game is hilariously bad. It's like watching an anime version of a Roger Corman movie. There's horrible Disney jokes, an ugly ship called "Turtle," speeder bikes that look like vacuum cleaners, a villain called Crystal Boy... and about as much walking and scantily-clad babes. Seriously, if this were a movie, MST3K or Rifftrax would've already gotten to it - and Rock Night and Parrot Grass (in part 2) would be as well-remembered as Torgo and Mr. B. It even tries to rip off the plot of Waterworld!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:46:41 AM by Raefire »

Offline Variety of Cells

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 1537
Re: Space Adventures! (actual adventures contain little to no space)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 12:21:06 PM »
So, I've stumbled upon this Let's Play series of an old Sega CD system RPG/Adventure Game - and although it's 7 hours long in total, the commentary is perfect MST3King - and the game is hilariously bad. It's like watching an anime version of a Roger Corman movie. There's horrible Disney jokes, an ugly ship called "Turtle," speeder bikes that look like vacuum cleaners, a villain called Crystal Boy... and about as much walking and scantily-clad babes. Seriously, if this were a movie, MST3K or Rifftrax would've already gotten to it - and Rock Night and Parrot Grass (in part 2) would be as well-remembered as Torgo and Mr. B. It even tries to rip off the plot of Waterworld!

Don't forget Death Ball.  But Rock Knight will always have a special place in my heart.  In fact, every time my heart beats I imagine it's Rock Knight hitting a power chord. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)