login

Author Topic: Baseball: The Thread  (Read 60314 times)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1507
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Re: Baseball 2012, The Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2012, 07:39:47 PM »
Haven't seen the Phillies play this bad since probably 2005 or 6.

I haven't seen the Red Sox play this bad since... the other day. They are a disaster this season so far.  At least Middlebrooks is the read deal!  And they haven't lost yet tonight. (Only because the game isn't over yet. We're down by 1 in the 8th.)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2012, 06:21:08 PM »
Red Sox just traded cash for Scott Podsednick.  Thank goodness. Now all our pitching problems will be solved! *facepalm*

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2536
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2012, 06:38:54 PM »
Red Sox just traded cash for Scott Podsednick.  Thank goodness. Now all our pitching problems will be solved! *facepalm*

You didn't know the secret to fixing pitching is to acquire more outfielders? 

When I saw the headlines saying he came from the Phillies I was like "who?".  Last time he played in the majors was 2010, he's been playing for the Ironpigs this year.

Phillies won!  ;D  Against the Padres...  ::)

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2012, 06:51:23 PM »

You didn't know the secret to fixing pitching is to acquire more outfielders? 

When I saw the headlines saying he came from the Phillies I was like "who?".  Last time he played in the majors was 2010, he's been playing for the Ironpigs this year.

Yeah. The Marlon Byrd band-aid isn't working so well for us.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2012, 04:44:07 PM »
Stephen Strasburg - S - Washington Nationals - May 15 2012 6:46PM est - Top Rotoworld.com News
News: Stephen Stasburg was bothered by stray Hot Stuff in his groin during Tuesday's loss to the Padres.

Impact: Hot Stuff is an analgesic ointment like Icy-Hot that is often used as a muscle-loosener. But it can cause quite a bit of pain when applied to ... more sensitive skin. "I can’t really tell you what the problem was, but some Hot Stuff got misplaced," manager Davey Johnson said. "It was on his shoulder and evidently – I don’t know how it got to where it got, but it was uncomfortable, to say the least." Strasburg allowed four runs in four innings.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #80 on: May 15, 2012, 04:53:20 PM »
Stephen Strasburg - S - Washington Nationals - May 15 2012 6:46PM est - Top Rotoworld.com News
News: Stephen Stasburg was bothered by stray Hot Stuff in his groin during Tuesday's loss to the Padres.

Impact: Hot Stuff is an analgesic ointment like Icy-Hot that is often used as a muscle-loosener. But it can cause quite a bit of pain when applied to ... more sensitive skin. "I can’t really tell you what the problem was, but some Hot Stuff got misplaced," manager Davey Johnson said. "It was on his shoulder and evidently – I don’t know how it got to where it got, but it was uncomfortable, to say the least." Strasburg allowed four runs in four innings.

Ouch! It's like rubbing your eye with hot sauce on your fingers.

On the plus side, I bet his junk was limber as hell.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline The Lurker

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4278
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2012, 05:23:41 PM »

Ouch! It's like rubbing your eye with hot sauce on your fingers.

On the plus side, I bet his junk was limber as hell.
I remember reading about an incident involving a misread label.  Instead of using Off! spray, a guy ended up using Easy Off Oven Cleaner by mistake.  Luckily, there was a body of water nearby.

MontyServo

« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2012, 08:46:25 PM »
Well, it is May 17th and at the end of the night my O's are sitting atop the AL with a 25-14 record.  No one is more surprised than me.  After years of futility, they are showing some life.

I was hoping for a competitive season this year with a + .500 record for the first time in years, but didn't expect this.

I still foresee a drop at some point this summer (you know it has to come at some point), but can start to maybe think about a possible wild card berth.

Go O's!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2012, 11:35:22 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/A63XjuA8u3U?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/A63XjuA8u3U?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2012, 10:25:28 PM »
Big night in South Philly, Phillies and 76ers win.

Chooch is on fire, hitting, stealing, he's doing it all.

How crazy was the pitch that took Saltalamacchia out of the game, bounces off the hitters arm, the catchers arm, and then his ear.

Papelbon gets his save against his old team...

Oh, and that trip to the mound by Valentine  in the 7th was strange, what was that?

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2012, 01:04:54 PM »
His argument over the play at first, him getting tossed, umps gum falling out of his mouth and hitting Bobby in the face was highly amusing.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2012, 04:10:19 PM »
His argument over the play at first, him getting tossed, umps gum falling out of his mouth and hitting Bobby in the face was highly amusing.

I thought his jumping up and down imitating the catch was pretty hilarious as well, especially since he did it 2 or 3 times in a row, the guys on Phillies radio were amused by that.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2012, 08:43:35 PM »
I guess Pappelbon was a good acquisition, 14 of 14 in saves so far.

Poor Lee still doesn't have a win this year, and his ERA is only 2.66, he was fired up tonight but no decision.

Man, these games in St. Louis have been battles so far.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2012, 04:10:33 AM »
Probably won't be a battle in the playoffs against the cards.......

Think I will go watch my WS DVD from last year now.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2012, 05:28:11 AM »
Maybe the Cards & Sox can have a pretend World Series rematch. I think I read that the Red Sox are 0-7 in games that would put them above .500 so far this season.