login

Author Topic: Baseball: The Thread  (Read 77810 times)

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2971
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Baseball: The Thread
« Reply #570 on: July 27, 2020, 11:42:16 AM »
Yeah, if it can spread in a low contact sport like baseball it won't go well for other sports that let players live at home.

Next few days of testing the Phillies will tell.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #571 on: July 27, 2020, 02:17:11 PM »
So latest is MLB planning to bus Marlins players to Baltimore and play Tuesday game there instead of in Miami. Seems rushed and I would be pissed if I were a player. Safety aside, would also be pissed if I were a Marlins fan just because Marlins being expected to play minus at least 12 players makes them even closer to being a minor league team playing in the majors.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #572 on: July 28, 2020, 08:23:44 AM »
Latest is 15 of the Marlins 30 active players have tested positive. Tuesday Yankies/Phillies and Marlins/Orioles games now postponed. No positive Phillies yet, but still could happen.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #573 on: July 28, 2020, 02:31:35 PM »
Marlins season now on hold until Monday. MLB spinning it as this was something they expected might happen and their plan included how to deal with it...but no details on that plan and plan apparently keeps changing from Marlins will move home game to Baltimore on Tuesday....we mean Wednesday...maybe resume in Miami next Monday...what? Miami mayor wants Marlins to quarantine for 14 days before returning...maybe Marlins will only play on the road...as per our plan.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2971
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #574 on: August 03, 2020, 04:10:00 PM »
Phillies haven't played since Sunday, first game back they have to face Gerrit Cole....
Jake Arrieta pictching for the first time in about a year after going out with bone spurs last season.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #575 on: August 03, 2020, 05:09:42 PM »
Cubs have had a great first 9 games. 3 series, 3 winning series (1 game of what was supposed to be a 4 game series against the Reds got rained out- Cubs took 2 of 3 of the games played though). Playing kind of like last year until they fell apart in the last month though- scoring a lot of runs, starting pitching good, defense good, but all but 1 relief pitcher terrible. Highly doubt next weekend series at St. Louis will happen as scheduled.