Author Topic: Baseball: The Thread  (Read 44763 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2143
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Baseball: The Thread
« Reply #480 on: March 11, 2017, 07:52:03 AM »
Spring training 2017!

Nice to hear games on the radio again (can't watch them since I dropped down to limited basic cable years ago...)

Crazy time of year when they announce players at bat I only recognize about 1/4 of the names...

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1464
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #481 on: March 11, 2017, 11:33:29 AM »
Speaking of baseball... We interviewed the organ player for the Boston Red Sox on our podcast!  He talked about his influence Nancy Faust (White Sox organ player) & even said he will play the MST3K theme (or ending theme) at some point during the game on the day the new MST3K series launches!

https://twitter.com/HittingPlay/status/839630360510083073

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #482 on: April 08, 2017, 05:02:30 PM »
Phillies just put up 12 runs in the first inning against the Nationals.  A club record for the first inning, one shy of the overall single inning club record.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #483 on: April 09, 2017, 04:42:07 AM »
Phillies just put up 12 runs in the first inning against the Nationals.  A club record for the first inning, one shy of the overall single inning club record.

Just be glad Clay Buchholz wasn't pitching. "12 runs? Hold my beer..."

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #484 on: April 09, 2017, 07:27:09 AM »

Just be glad Clay Buchholz wasn't pitching. "12 runs? Hold my beer..."

The poor guy pitching for the Nats had waited a year to get back to the majors, and it was his birthday, gave up 10 runs and threw something like 60 pitches in 2/3 of the first inning before a reliever came in and gave up 2 more runs.  Not a happy birthday for him...

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 193
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #485 on: April 11, 2017, 11:55:53 AM »
Detroit had an interesting couple of games against Boston, and seem to be doing...OK this year?  Still bullpen problems, but what else is new there?

The big surprise for me is seeing the D-Backs pulling ahead in their division.  I have family out west that have been waiting to see them do something special for awhile, and I keep joking that one day there'll be a Detroit/Arizona World Series that would be fun for us to watch.  Too early to know for sure, but it would be funny if that's what happened this year.  Be surprising at the very least.

Speaking of baseball... We interviewed the organ player for the Boston Red Sox on our podcast!  He talked about his influence Nancy Faust (White Sox organ player) & even said he will play the MST3K theme (or ending theme) at some point during the game on the day the new MST3K series launches!

That's awesome,  by the way.  But did he mean the official launch day, or Kickstarter launch day?
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #486 on: April 11, 2017, 03:14:37 PM »
Detroit had an interesting couple of games against Boston, and seem to be doing...OK this year?  Still bullpen problems, but what else is new there?

The big surprise for me is seeing the D-Backs pulling ahead in their division.  I have family out west that have been waiting to see them do something special for awhile, and I keep joking that one day there'll be a Detroit/Arizona World Series that would be fun for us to watch.  Too early to know for sure, but it would be funny if that's what happened this year.  Be surprising at the very least.

That's awesome,  by the way.  But did he mean the official launch day, or Kickstarter launch day?

This Friday.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #487 on: May 03, 2017, 08:48:17 PM »
It's amazing how contagious forgetting how to play becomes, Phillies had a nice lead against the Cubs and suddenly reverted to a little league team for half an inning.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.....

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #488 on: September 14, 2017, 05:59:35 PM »
Phillies just announced my favorite broadcaster Larry Andersen will not go on the road much next season, he might only call home games.  He says all the travel is making him too grumpy after 48 years of no time off in the summer.

Offline SJP

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 193
  • Worst...avatar...ever!
« Reply #489 on: September 15, 2017, 11:41:27 AM »
It's amazing how contagious forgetting how to play becomes, Phillies had a nice lead against the Cubs and suddenly reverted to a little league team for half an inning.

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.....

Speaking of which...the Tigers suddenly decided they didn't want to play baseball anymore, it seems.  Trades, Verlander gone, Sanchez couldn't throw a ball anymore, Cabrera is not the Triple Crown overachiever he used to be, team as a whole dropping from a high place slot in the first half to competing with the Giants for a run to the bottom...only in sports can a team ride so high and then drop so low.

Ah, well.  Maybe we will see some fresh talent next season.  Be nice to see some new stars emerge.
One Man Band Riffs.  18 riffs, over 600 served, since 2009.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #490 on: November 01, 2017, 12:08:44 AM »
Best world series in a while, hope the Dodgers win it, just because I want Chase Utley to get another ring.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #491 on: November 03, 2017, 10:13:47 AM »
Ooopps, I thought game 7 was Thursday night, so I was confused yesterday with the reports of who won...

Phillies announce Gabe Kapler as the new manager, don't know a thing about the guy.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #492 on: November 08, 2017, 09:26:01 AM »
Roy Halladay died in a plane crash. 

:'(