Author Topic: Top 50 iRiffs  (Read 99264 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
Re: Top 50 iRiffs
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2012, 08:53:00 PM »
Not sure if joking or annoyed by long, needless post. You usually include winks and shit when you're joking.

I guess it didn't occur to me that people might not give a fuck what I think about any of this.

Personally, I'd like to hear a bit more chatter from the folks placing on the list. This must be pretty cool for you. Feel free to share your thoughts!

Apologies... coming from ME, I kinda' thought a comment on a long post would be assumed to be an attempt at humor.  My bad.  :(  [I'd also forgotten to go back to the top of your comments when I finished reading your ideas to 'heart' the post.  I really must not be functioning well today.]

But actually your opinions in what you wrote [that you had many on your 'short list'] helped me decide to put some of those listed on my Netflix list to get the iRiff for, so your comments were much appreciated.

I'd like to hear responses from the winners as well... even if just a canned Oscar-style speech. ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:00:20 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5896
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2012, 08:53:47 PM »
#30b
Quiptracks - Mission Impossible:2
(Total Points: 40    Number of Lists: 3  Highest Ranking: #7 Agent_Ispep)

TOM CRUISE! TOM CRUISE wearing shades, oh now they exploded TOM CRUISE! TOM CRUISE and sexy lady, but enough of that TOM CRUISE! TOM CRUISE hanging from a wire just because it was in the first one, but it's cool 'cause he's TOM CRUISE! Not TOM CRUISE, but oh, it's a mask it is TOM CRUISE! TOM CRUISE riding a bike because he's badass TOM CRUISE! TOM CRUISE something icky about a virus but we don't care because TOM CRUISE! TOM CRUISE John Woo likes doves TOM CRUISE!

This movie is most known for: Doves! And for being even sillier than the first one where explosive bubblegum was a plotpoint.
     This is how we're expected to beleive Tom Cruise spends his time when not jumping on couches.

Noted riffs:
"He killed his momentum!"
"She was so nice to chuck her diseased corpse into the Sydney water supply."

Available on Netflix Instant? No.

Purchase: http://quiptracks.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=9

Sample: I couldn't find one.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2012, 08:55:12 PM »
Hor-Riff-ic Productions - Gremlins
(Total Points: 41    Number of Lists: 3  Highest Ranking: #9 D.B. Barnes)

Rules for having a Merry Christmas at the Peltzers.
1. Copious amounts of Eggnog and booze. Especially if you are a police officer and about to drive.
2. Bake Gingerbread men. Note, using fresh ginger will give you more depth of flavor. Do not try licking the batter from the bowl while it is still in the blender.
3. Don't feed overly cute things after midnight. Although if you do, make sure to microwave them. They will explode really cool!
4. Do not invite this woman to your party. She will bum you out.

5. No poofdahs.

This movie is most known for: Introducing the world to the Peltzer Smokeless Ashtray and the Bathroom Buddy. Resulting in many, many deaths. The Peltzer Corporation was bought out by Mainway Toys.
        Being partially responsible for creating the PG-13 rating. It was this movie, Temple of Doom, and Care Bears: The Movie.

Noted riffs:
"Hey, what are you doing? These things cause cancer! I'm just trying to look cool here."
"Aaah! Blam! Blam! Blam!"
(Hey, Billy!) --- "How come you haven't tapped that yet?"
"Oh yeah. I got the hand up my ass blues, so bad."
"So what they are trying to tell us here is that puppets are annoying."
And the reading of my letter to Joe Dante at the end always makes me laugh.

About this riff: Sure Gary, you can show me your new cleaver. Just first tell the nice folks about this riff:
   Riffing this classic was a challenge no doubt.  So much so that we were welcome in accepting some help from writer Ryan Downey to help us thru the infamous Bar Scene *shutters*.  Since the movie didn’t take itself very seriously it was harder to riff than some, but the generous amounts of gore that is splashed around in this supposed “family friendly” film was pretty great.

This one was a x-mas punfest, and we intended it to be.  We were planning on doing too many holiday themed movies so we went all out, going so far to have so many gory versions of Christmas carols that we made and extra music video just to accompany this track.

Did we go overboard?  Maybe, but ‘tis the season!

Available on Netflix Instant? No.

Purchase: http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/hor-riff-ic-productions/hor-riff-ic-gremlins

Sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf-aZHqoV4Y

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:36:04 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2012, 08:57:06 PM »
And that's ten more.   Goodnight and God bless.

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2012, 09:00:18 PM »
Hor-Riff-ic Productions - Halloween III
(Total Points: 37    Number of Lists: 4  Highest Ranking: #3 Artie)

I was sure this would be in the top 10.  Hor-riff-ic's best work, hands down. 
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2012, 09:26:53 PM »
#30b
Quiptracks - Mission Impossible:2

Wait, what? You left this one off the list. Awesome—I was really disappointed this didn't make it.

Also—and I hope this doesn't mess too much up—but I'm 95% sure Alcohol is Dynamite was on at least three lists: Mine, Quirk's, and Coragale's. *checks* Ah, what the hell? It's not on there! And neither is another of my favorites! And I apparently only sent in 21, even though I had about 40 on my initial list. Man, I must've been sloshed on nitroglycerin when I sent that list in.... :(

Well, for the record, Alcohol is Dynamite is friggin' hilarious. In fact Scott Zee in general is always hilarious.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2012, 09:32:06 PM »
Way to RUIN CHRISTMAS, BILL.

So, people seem to want people on the list to say stuff, so here I go, I suppose.

Obviously, I'm glad so many QuipTracks have made the list so far. I remember in the days long before iRiffs--before we'd even heard of Rifftrax, Cody and I decided to try riffing Jurassic Park. Tristan joined in as well, and we sat down on our living room floor with the TV low enough that we could hear, but hopefully the mic couldn't. While working, we discovered Rifftrax and the online community. A few brave souls tried that track and gave us encouraging feedback which helped us grow. Looking back, the track sucked horribly, but if those guys had told us that instead of what they did, we may have quit then and there. Luckily, we improved pretty quickly. Our fifth anniversary edition of Jurassic Park has been called "better than the Rifftrax by far", which is unbelievably gratifying considering the horrendous state the same track was in five years ago.

So thank you, Rifftrax board, for the support. We wouldn't be doing it if it weren't for you. Our family and friends sure as hell don't care about it.

Coragale

« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2012, 10:13:00 PM »
And as always, Merry Christmas

<==

Offline Hor-RIFF-ic Productions

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
    • Hor-RIFF-ic Productions
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2012, 05:53:56 AM »
Not sure if joking or annoyed by long, needless post. You usually include winks and shit when you're joking.

I guess it didn't occur to me that people might not give a fuck what I think about any of this.

Personally, I'd like to hear a bit more chatter from the folks placing on the list. This must be pretty cool for you. Feel free to share your thoughts!

Well ask and you shall recieve D.B.  We're extremely flattered and honored to be on this list at all.  I know we've sort of fallen off the map this year but we're prepping for a comeback and seeing reviews where people are actually enjoying our riffs are a real motivation.
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline Hor-RIFF-ic Productions

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
    • Hor-RIFF-ic Productions
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2012, 05:59:41 AM »
Hor-Riff-ic Productions - Halloween III
(Total Points: 37    Number of Lists: 4  Highest Ranking: #3 Artie)

I was sure this would be in the top 10.  Hor-riff-ic's best work, hands down. 

Aw, shucks.  Thanks Artie.
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline zenmichael

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 14
    • Holy Nightmare Productions
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2012, 06:22:59 AM »
Speaking of groups who've fallen off the map ... pretty sure March marks the one-year anniversary of our last release, Day of the Triffids (which is now randomly back in the top 5 sellers for the week ... oh, if only iRiffs would ever pay us for it .... oh well). I'm staying quiet mostly because I want to let all the comments I made on the tracks speak for themselves, and I don't have much to say on the other tracks. I will note that "The Forgotten" is my favorite QuipTracks I've seen so far. Suggested line: "Kid, just get on the plane."
Michael T Bradley
Ice on Mars

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2012, 06:56:05 AM »
Wow, we're really burning through my picks. 

Looking forward to 47 or so riffs that make up the top 10 for some new fun, any chance you can specifty who has PAL options or not? :)
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 458
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2012, 07:18:44 AM »

Looking forward to 47 or so riffs that make up the top 10 for some new fun, any chance you can specifty who has PAL options or not? :)

Well, all the QuipTracks, for one...or for 16, I guess.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2012, 09:52:54 AM »

Hmm. Not sure how I would find that out about every one.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2012, 11:42:30 AM »
Oh, I definitely have comments to add  (I HAVE seen Red Riding Hood, and there are laughs I want to point out...it's just been a bit since I've seen it and I need to refresh my memory).  And I am stoked, don't get me wrong.  I just have something that needs to be taken care of before tomorrow, and I'm rushing like crazy to have it done before I pass out.  THEN will come the real accolades and commenting-type things.

Cool. I already know at least one of my OMB picks is coming, possibly more. Oh, and new One Man Band coming soon, y'all! Lion King 2!

Well ask and you shall receive D.B.  We're extremely flattered and honored to be on this list at all.  I know we've sort of fallen off the map this year but we're prepping for a comeback and seeing reviews where people are actually enjoying our riffs are a real motivation.

You guys totally deserve to be well represented here. I've enjoyed your riffs from the very beginning and I know I speak for a lot of other folks when I say I'm really looking forward to your return. It's been far too long. And, thanks for giving a handful of us the opportunity to write for you guys. You don't always give us the easiest targets, but it always ends up being well worth it.

Speaking of groups who've fallen off the map ... pretty sure March marks the one-year anniversary of our last release, Day of the Triffids (which is now randomly back in the top 5 sellers for the week ... oh, if only iRiffs would ever pay us for it .... oh well). I'm staying quiet mostly because I want to let all the comments I made on the tracks speak for themselves, and I don't have much to say on the other tracks.

I'm stoked my Ice on Mars pick is gonna be in the top thirty. When I picked it, I wondered if it had a chance to make the list. I'm glad I'm not the only one who recognizes the greatness of it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 12:27:01 PM by D.B. Barnes »
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!