Author Topic: Top 50 iRiffs  (Read 99347 times)

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4662
Re: Top 50 iRiffs
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2012, 09:46:40 PM »
Fun With Flicks - Wasp Woman 

Not realizing the benefits of stabbing men's pineal glands, an aging owner of a cosmetics company does the next best thing. She extracts enzyms from the species closestly related to humans: the wasp! Yes, white anglo saxon protestants may look like us, may even sound like us, but they apparently secrete a jelly like substance that can cure aging forever! The only antidote? Acid to the face, baby! Acid to the face.

LOVE IT!  Superb description.  :clap:   [Enough to get me to go check out the sample.  ;D ]

[EDIT: Liked what I heard, I bought it, and it's downloading now.]
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:55:04 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2012, 09:58:08 PM »
I've seen a shitload of Hor-RIFF-ic and yet I never got around to Sleepaway Camp for whatever reason. It's on the short list. I'm also putting FilmRoasters Zardoz on the short list. I appreciate the fact that somebody tackled it.

While I didn't include any Just Andrew, I have seen a few of his shorts and he's consistently pretty good quality. I dig the idea of riffing on commercials, so I'll have to check those out at some point.

I, Robot didn't make my final cut, but I've seen it and I definitely enjoyed it. You can't go too wrong with Riff Raff Theater. I do have a few RRT entries on my list and I'm hoping at least a couple make an appearance at some point.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2012, 10:08:29 PM »
Glad you are enjoying the funny descriptions. They may not be very long, but they take the longest to figure out.

All this just makes me more anticipatory for the top ten...and how many #1s there are.   ;)

But I'm dead serious...I am actually amazed at not only how many ties there are, but which ones placed consistently high across all the lists.  I see a couple of highest places at #2 and #3 (including one I picked at #2), so from here on out it's really going to get interesting.
Yeah, it does get very interesting very soon. There were a loooot of lists, so there are plenty that got more than 25 points. You'll be surprised how high the points get by the end. Kinda like Janice.

Oh, really.

Offline Artie

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 293
  • The strongest man.... in the world!
    • The Film Monger
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2012, 10:13:38 PM »
I've seen a shitload of Hor-RIFF-ic and yet I never got around to Sleepaway Camp for whatever reason. It's on the short list. I'm also putting FilmRoasters Zardoz on the short list. I appreciate the fact that somebody tackled it.

Zardoz is very funny, taking what should be a difficult to riff film and making it look easy. 

And I didn't know about "The Monster Maker", time to buy it right now.
Yet another movie website - www.filmmonger.com

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2012, 10:17:49 PM »
JK-47 - Linda's Film on Menstruation
(Total Points: 23    Number of Lists: 1  Highest Ranking: #3 LucasM)

Ladies, remember when your uterus just decided one day it was in a Peckinpaw film? Yeah, it's about that.

This line is hilarious! :D Some males would be afraid to 'go there', but you did!   :clap:

That may be why the riffing itself is so funny: it being a female writer and females making the comments, and the writer is so totally comfortable with her biology, that she can have them say anything they damn well please about things their own bodies do without fear of offense.

I will add here, though, that if one is not comfortable with female biology, chances are this won't be terribly funny to you.  Just a belated heads-up (so to speak).
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2012, 10:19:51 PM »
JK-47 - Linda's Film on Menstruation
(Total Points: 23    Number of Lists: 1  Highest Ranking: #3 LucasM)

Ladies, remember when your uterus just decided one day it was in a Peckinpaw film? Yeah, it's about that.

This line is hilarious! :D Some males would be afraid to 'go there', but you did!   :clap:
Thanks. I was really proud of that one. Normally the descriptions aren't that short, but I knew I just couldn't top that.

Coragale

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2012, 11:58:38 PM »
So far, this list has made me go

<===

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2012, 03:04:26 AM »
OK... I rewatched Animation Ripping Theater (or 'ART')'s Beauty and the Beast again tonight, so I've got a few riffs written down for quotes.  I tried to go for a variety: from the 'Disney-meta', to the literary historical, to the absurd, to, well... other kinds of riffs.  Clearly 'ART' has a wide knowledge base to draw from for the riffs.

Film event:  Very early in the film, during the backstory, the Beast is left with the rose and mirror.
RIFF:  "I wonder how many times he had to resist the urge to pick it up and say, 'who's the fairest one of all?'?"

Film event: Belle singing: "...quiet village..."
RIFF: [as an annoyed townsperson] "It was until YOU started singing!"

Film event: Belle's father starts the wood-chopping machine.
RIFF:  "The first automated axe murderer is born!"

Film event: Belle's father arrives at the gate to the Beast's castle.
RIFF: [as Maurice, reading] " 'Abandon hope all ye who enter here'... can't be all bad!"

Film event: Mrs Potts to Chip, "Into the cabinet with your brothers and sisters." (HUGE number of cups there.)
RIFF: "Wow, Mrs. Potts must be Irish Catholic!"

Film event: Asylum operator to Belle, "I've come to collect your father."
RIFF: [as Asylum operator] "...you're four payments behind."

Film event: The Beast 'dies', then sparks start dropping out of the sky.
RIFF: "Great!  And now skylab starts coming down on them!"

Film event: The Beast is transformed and we first see his face as the prince.
RIFF: "EW!  Looks like Fabio on a three-day bender!"

Those were just some of the lines that had me laughing or chuckling out loud again (and this was the third time watching with the riffing).  Hopefully enough sampling for others to consider if they'd give it a try.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1513
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2012, 05:16:50 AM »
#46a
Just Andrew - Classic Commercials 1
(Total Points: 22    Number of Lists: 1  Highest Ranking: #2 mattwnelson)

BUY STUFF! *sigh* Again with this?! Fine, just buy it. I don't even care anymore. I'll be over here with my electric razor, Nyquil and toothpaste.

This movie is most known for: Repeating in an endless loop in the special Hell reseerved for ad executives.

Noted riffs:
I don't know any. Please post some and I will add them here.

Available on Netflix Instant? Unnecessary, it is a VOD.

Purchase: http://www.rifftrax.com/iriffs/just-andrew-classic-commercials-short

Sample: Couldn't find one.

Um... This was #12 on my list DG.

anais.jude

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2012, 08:24:22 AM »
#45a
Ronin Fox Trax - Pearl of the Orient
(Total Points: 23    Number of Lists: 1  Highest Ranking: #3 Anais.whatever)

YAY! This was the first or second one I worked one with Ronin. The Imelda Marcos/Beatles line was totally mine (and I got to teach Ronin Beatles history, so that's awesome). Because of this short, I have also tried Mexican Coke, made with real cane sugar. In addition, If I ever get sent to the Phillipines for work...well let's just say, I will riff the country like I helped riff this short :)

FYI: Riff co-written by Anais :) (she likes attention)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2012, 08:34:41 AM »
#46a
Just Andrew - Classic Commercials 1
(Total Points: 22    Number of Lists: 1  Highest Ranking: #2 mattwnelson)

I'll have to check this later when I'm not at work, but what I think happened was not being familiar with this group, when I compiled the data I think I seperated your vote (because it didn't have a number) and the others.

Offline Hor-RIFF-ic Productions

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
  • Blah blah BLAHHHH!!!!
    • Hor-RIFF-ic Productions
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2012, 11:28:30 AM »
I <3 this so much.  ;D
You'll DIE Laughing!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2012, 03:36:03 PM »
Thanks. Fixed. And it won't actually effect the overall numbering fortunately, since it just incorporates it into a different tied number.

I will leave it up until tonight when I do the next few, where it will get moved to that.

Also, thanks for the quotes LucasM, I added them to Animation Ripping Theater's Beauty and the Beast post.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2012, 05:05:14 PM »
Can we get this thread stickied?

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2012, 06:02:26 PM »
Can we get this thread stickied?

Depends on what you're doing with your other hand.