login

Poll

Which of these topics do you want to see for the next list of crap?

Top 50 Video Games of the 90's
1 (2.9%)
Top 50 Movies of the 90’s
9 (26.5%)
Top 50 Worst Movies of All Time
3 (8.8%)
Top 50 Pokemon
10 (29.4%)
Top 50 Lyricists  
0 (0%)
Top 50 Season Finales
0 (0%)
Top 50 Rifftrax Shorts
0 (0%)
Top 50 Movie Sequels
2 (5.9%)
Top 50 Comic Strips
7 (20.6%)
Top 50 Classic Rock Albums (up to 89)
1 (2.9%)
Top 50 Movie and TV animals
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: February 23, 2012, 07:05:50 PM

Author Topic: Next LoC Poll  (Read 11007 times)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
Re: Next LoC Poll
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2012, 06:17:23 PM »
Hey Bill, have you been collecting list suggestions via PM? I always thought the protocol was to solicit and collect suggestions during the countdown so the new poll could go up as soon as the countdown was finished. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Coragale

« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2012, 10:03:38 PM »
You know Imrahil, I've just about had it with your pissy attitude about this in general. You're an annoying, whiny ass who needs to learn to accept shit without bitching. The Pokemon suggestion won fair and square. This doesn't seem to be taking much longer than the previous one. I'll admit I've only been through the one, but Bill and Quirk informed me this is fairly standard.

We get it. You don't like Pokemon. Bully for you. Shut the fuck up about it.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2012, 10:18:59 PM »
You know Imrahil, I've just about had it with your pissy attitude about this in general. You're an annoying, whiny ass who needs to learn to accept shit without bitching. The Pokemon suggestion won fair and square. This doesn't seem to be taking much longer than the previous one. I'll admit I've only been through the one, but Bill and Quirk informed me this is fairly standard.

We get it. You don't like Pokemon. Bully for you. Shut the fuck up about it.

Don't feed the troll, man. And we really shouldn't goad him for failing math. When I was 12 I didn't know anything either.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2012, 10:41:23 PM »
It isn't as though you signed up here with your little schoolyard chums for the game or anything.

I don't even know what this is supposed to mean. Are you referring to the Pokemon LOC when you say "game"? Because he was here for the crushes list as well. And looking around the boards, I don't think anybody could say he's only here for the lists.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2012, 11:16:18 PM »
Woo! Moderator time!

Firstly, All the lists I've ever run have taken 2 weeks. I find 5 a day to be a good pace if you're not just cutting and pasting Wiki entries, and Bill has been putting a lot of love into this. It's not that glacially paced, and we're nearly at the top 10.

Secondly, every name I've seen come up on the list has been active members, or they have become active members. I'm not going to object to new blood around here, since it had been pretty stagnant as of a few weeks ago.

Thirdly, these lists are intended for fun, and have always been fun. They are labors of love. Let's keep them love-y. If they just start making people upset because A) Their choice didn't win, or B) the rankings of items on the list aren't skewed to their liking, then they aren't fun anymore. If you don't like the list topic, just wait until the next one. If you don't like what shows up in the top 5 of the lists to the point where they aren't fun, then you're doing it wrong.

In the interest of fairness, though, the "Suck it, Imrahil" in the first post on the Pokemon list isn't really in the spirit of the LoCs either. I know it came from a competitive place, but let's change that to something a bit friendlier, please. Also, Imrahil's request to start up the submission request about halfway through the list wasn't unreasonable. It was about time to solicit list ideas. He could have been a bit less passive-agressive about it, but the retaliation wasn't needed.

In summary, if we keep the lists fun, we can keep doing the lists. So keep the lists fun, please. I enjoy them dearly.

MOD HAS SPOKEN.

Coragale

« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2012, 11:44:49 PM »

Right, right. It isn't as though you signed up here with your little schoolyard chums just to do that  game or anything.
Most countdowns take 5 days. 10 entries/day is pretty standard.  This one started on the 12th, didn't it?

It's also pretty standard these days to have the next LOC poll running during the countdown, especially if it's a glacially-paced one.

Oh, I see. Because I have friends that had been visiting the boards a while, and I joined too, I'm written off. I've enjoyed my time spent here, and I've logged quite a lot of time. More or less enjoy the people, but you've been getting on my nerves a fair amount lately. Srsly, quit bitching.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7312
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2012, 04:37:35 AM »
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2012, 08:31:40 AM »
I only ever poked fun at Im because I thought he could take it—because that's the standard he holds other people to.

Either way, I've altered the first post to be more taste-y.

(And I always thought the submissions thread showed up during the last couple days, but maybe that's just when I started looking for it.)

Invader_quirk

« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2012, 08:44:07 AM »
By the way, the suggestion thread has been there since yesterday. It seems nobody noticed it.

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=24088.0

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2012, 08:48:58 AM »
By the way, the suggestion thread has been there since yesterday. It seems nobody noticed it.

http://forum.rifftrax.com/index.php?topic=24088.0

No, I got a PM from Pak at least. An Johnny Unusual, who sent his in with his list (a good idea, by the way). There won't necessarily be any activity in the thread at all, although it should probably be stickied.

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2012, 01:25:56 PM »
Just a quick throw in, I don't know anything about pokemon, being a chick and all.  When it started I was a teenager obsessed with my hair and boys.

But I'm still enjoying the list, its interesting, and I can tell a lot of work went into it.

Am looking forward to the next one though, maybe I'll participate
Opticians are easy on the eyes