Author Topic: LOC 57: Top 50 Pokemon {Now counting down!}  (Read 46644 times)

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
LOC 57: Top 50 Pokemon {Now counting down!}
« on: February 23, 2012, 08:19:01 PM »

"Suck it, Imrahil! Nyeah!!!!"

Like it or not, the next List of Crap is Top 50 Pokémon. And though it may be a list of catastrophically low participation, we will bravely face that possibility to celebrate our favorite cockfighting chibi animals. Whether you are a master of Effort Values and Natures or if you still use that first Metapod named "penis" you caught in Viridian Forest, ("'penis used Harden' Huh huh.") assemble your party of 25 Pokémon and put them in Box 1 of BILL'S PC.

Points will be awarded to entries based on the length of your list in the following fashion:

var maxscore = list.length
for (entries in list) {
     list[entries].points = maxscore;
     maxscore--;
}

assuming of course that the list is ordered from your favorite pokémon in list[0] to your nth favorite in list[n-1]. Thus if you had a full 25 on your list, your number one would be worth 25 points and your number 25 would be worth 1 point.

Pokémon may be from any generation, from Blue to Black. There shouldn't be any gray areas to clarify at all, in fact. This should be the most cut and dry List of Crap in a long time. The only thing I can think of is that we are voting for Pokémon species so you can't vote for Ash's Pikachu specifically.

[Edit]: If it had a number, it's official. No glitches.

Bulbapedia has a great column, "On the Origin of Species," that looks at the bases for some pokémon, which are sometimes real animals/phenomena and sometimes Japanese folklore.

And here's the complete set, with names, so you can glance through and pick the ones that look cool to you: http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/national

Deadline: March 9, 2012 at midnight MST
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:23:17 AM by Pak-Man »

Invader_quirk

Re: LOC 57: Top 50 Pokemon
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 03:08:34 PM »
A wild thread appeared!

Here's a banner I threw together.

I don't know how to post this code as text you can copy and paste...

And thanks, Tripe, for the sticky.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 03:13:08 PM by Invader_quirk »

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 07:05:57 PM »
I can and will totally do this. But be warned! No critter on my list will be past the Silver/Gold era, what with about there being when I stopped getting the new ones (or rather, when I did get the new ones, they were the remakes of Red/Blue and Silver/Gold).

Invader_quirk

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 07:51:04 PM »
I'm familiar with the newer gens and my list will be the same way. Past Gold and Silver it becomes very hard to find decent Pokemon.

Offline gojikranz

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
  • im baaaack
    • my facebook?
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 09:05:25 PM »
glitch pokemon? 
MICROPHONE MANIAC COMING SOON!!
Promo Featurette: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vzYR6_-UqE

Invader_quirk

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 09:12:56 PM »
You know there are actually people that think Missingno is overrated and prefer one called 'M' (or something similar)?

Coragale

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 09:15:29 PM »
I've seen that guy. Caught him, and ruined the game. Pro.

There are a few that are awesome enough to include in my list, but most will be from the original 150 or Gen III.

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 09:23:06 PM »
glitch pokemon?  

To keep it simple, I'm gonna say if it has an official number, it's eligible. No ordering off-Pokédex.

[Edited to add]: And for the love of god, NO BIKING INDOORS

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 10:18:44 PM »
I'll have a few from every generation. After 5 generations with the first 150 Pokemon, they can start to feel a little stale. I actually think one of the best moves Black/White made was to keep all legacy pokemon until the endgame. I know Woobat was just a replacement for Zubat, but after running into Zubat in EVERY CAVE since Red and Blue, he just feels more like a chore than a Pokemon. Still, some Pokemon are forever. :^)

Offline Dim of the Yard

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 71
  • Do the Servo Swivel!
    • Dim's Twitter Page
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 10:24:46 PM »
Coragale, if you don't mind me asking, is that a Kadabra or an Alakazam in your icon? I can't make out spoons, so I'm not sure. (Guessing Kadabra.)

I might take part in this, but my "plight" is the same as Quirk's; I don't know many Pokemon beyond Gold/Silver. Still, that's, what, 250 Pokemon? That's still a good amount to base a list off of, right?

Invader_quirk

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 10:26:47 PM »
Coragale, if you don't mind me asking, is that a Kadabra or an Alakazam in your icon? I can't make out spoons, so I'm not sure. (Guessing Kadabra.)

I might take part in this, but my "plight" is the same as Quirk's; I don't know many Pokemon beyond Gold/Silver. Still, that's, what, 250 Pokemon? That's still a good amount to base a list off of, right?

Oh, I know them all (I'm a little sketchy on Black and White because I haven't played them yet), I just think the majority of the best ones are in those first two generations. Maybe you meant to say "CJones", though?

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 10:34:01 PM »
And the first list is in. I've made my preliminary list of 40. I'll narrow and sort tomorrow.

Dim, if you want, you can look at the image sheets I linked to in the first post and just, like, circle and number the ones you like. Or crop them out and send me a rebus list... Whatever you want to do. Because most people are going to vote based on sight, so you shouldn't really even need to know their names.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 10:56:38 PM »
I found a complete pokedex with names that's much more useful than what you posted. It's their sprites and not their official artwork, though.

http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/national

Also, my preliminary list is done... and it also has 40. 0.o
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:02:14 PM by Invader_quirk »

Coragale

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 11:02:11 PM »
Dim, I was about to say "How many spoons does he have?" and then I realized you said you couldn't see. It's an Alakazam. There's no stache, but it's an Alakazam none-the-less.

Man, this makes me want to play these games again. BRB, 1-nighting Sapphire. I... I fell asleep...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 09:34:11 AM by Coragale »

Offline Asbestos Bill

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Are YOU dedoodaydolah?
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 11:20:30 PM »
I found a complete pokedex with names that's much more useful than what you posted. It's their sprites and not their official artwork, though.

http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/national

IDEAL!