Author Topic: Loc: Top 54 Fictional Crushes Countdown  (Read 56282 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Loc: Top 54 Fictional Crushes Countdown
« Reply #210 on: February 18, 2012, 06:34:01 PM »
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #211 on: February 18, 2012, 06:35:42 PM »
Shrug.  I got a PM from Jim Dalen, post count: zero, signature: "BTW, I'm Jim Dalen"  Don't yell at me.

VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Invader_quirk

« Reply #212 on: February 18, 2012, 06:38:20 PM »
Argh! I totally meant to put June on my list but forgot while I was putting it together.

I was counting on your vote, man.  >:( Nah, I'm just glad she made it. She's amazing in ways I can't reveal.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5615
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #213 on: February 18, 2012, 06:50:05 PM »
What are you guys tninking?  Frank Abengale Jr strikes again?

Invader_quirk

« Reply #214 on: February 18, 2012, 06:51:27 PM »
I was curious about this Jim Dalen as well. SHOW YOURSELF!

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #215 on: February 18, 2012, 06:52:43 PM »
Think she'll let me take a dip in the steno pool?

#14 Joan Holloway

(49 Points) 2 of 24 Lists - Highest Ranking - #1 Gunflyer

Appeal:

People love women with limited power at less pay than a man.

Bio:
Embodying the role of femme fatale, Holloway is a "bold" and "sassy" character. Creating the character, Mad Men's creator Matthew Weiner tried to make the character appear not as a television stereotype but an unpredictable and complicated woman. The Boston Globe has said that Holloway occupies "a sort of middle ground between the show's main female characters, who represent opposing paths for women of their day"; as Betty Draper (January Jones) gave up a modeling career to become a housewife and Peggy Olson (Elisabeth Moss) tries to become a copywriter in "a world where men routinely call women 'girls', and sometimes literally chase them through the office". Holloway is considered the queen bee of the office secretarial pool. As shown in the third season finale, her role at Sterling Cooper (and later Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce) is made clear. The office is essentially unable to operate without her, as no one else knows how the office is organized.

In an interview with USA Today portrayer Christina Hendricks explained that people think her character is "hot" because "She's got fire to her. She snaps back. And men love her because she's in touch with her sexuality and femininity. The men in the office can play with her a little bit. They can tease her, and she's not going to be in the bathroom crying later." In the season two episode "Maidenform" each secretary is categorized as either a Marilyn Monroe or a Jackie Kennedy as a campaign for Playtex, when asked what kind of woman Holloway is, Kinsey answers "Well, Marilyn's really a Joan, not the other way around".

Old timey (then timey modern timey) clothes

Dislikes:
Being told Joan is a Marilyn.  

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #216 on: February 18, 2012, 06:53:14 PM »
What are you guys tninking?  Frank Abengale Jr strikes again?

Guy logs in once for ten minutes to submit an L.O.C.

Seems legit.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #217 on: February 18, 2012, 06:54:31 PM »
What are you guys tninking?  Frank Abengale Jr strikes again?

Guy logs in once for ten minutes to submit an L.O.C.

Seems legit.

At least his priorities are in order.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #218 on: February 18, 2012, 06:56:47 PM »
Unless his list matches somebody else's, I don't think this is any sort of foul play. I think it's just some lurker whose opinion we don't really care about.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #219 on: February 18, 2012, 07:02:13 PM »
Unless his list matches somebody else's, I don't think this is any sort of foul play. I think it's just some lurker whose opinion we don't really care about.
How about marching IPs?

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #220 on: February 18, 2012, 07:02:33 PM »
Bam Bam, thank you Pam

#13 Pam Beesly

(50 Points) 2 of 24 Lists - Highest Ranking - #1 D.B. Barnes, Imrahil

Appeal:

Being a sweet, mousy straight woman.

Bio:
Pam Halpert is one of the office employees at the Scranton branch of the fictitious paper-distributor Dunder Mifflin. Many episodes of the series revolve around her desire to be more assertive and have an artistic career, as well as her relationship with co-worker and eventual husband Jim Halpert. The office pranks she and Jim play on his deskmate Dwight Schrute are a cornerstone of the series, as are the often bizarre tasks, assignments, and advice questions given to her by the branch's boss Michael Scott. At the beginning of the series, she was engaged to warehouse worker Roy Anderson, leading to several story arcs of "will they or won't they" tension between her and Jim. Pam is portrayed as a friendly and generally amiable employee of Dunder Mifflin.

Dislikes:
Being told she’s fired as a joke.  

Invader_quirk

« Reply #221 on: February 18, 2012, 07:06:52 PM »
#13 Pam Beesly

(50 Points) 2 of 24 Lists - Highest Ranking - #1 D.B. Barnes, Imrahil

If I was including live action characters, DEFINITELY.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #222 on: February 18, 2012, 07:10:23 PM »
Nice warsuit.  I'd love to see it crumpled into a perfect sphere next to my bed.

#12 Samus Aran

(53 Points) 4 of 24 Lists - Highest Ranking - #6 Pak Man

Appeal:

Arm cannon.

Bio:
Samus Aran (サムス・アラン Samusu Aran?) is the protagonist of the Metroid video game series. Introduced in the 1986 video gameMetroid, Samus is an ex-Galactic Federation soldier turned bounty hunter, usually fitted with a powered armor suit with weapons that include beams and missiles. Throughout the series, she executes missions given to her by the Galactic Federation while hunting the antagonistic Space Pirates and their leader, Ridley, along with the energy-draining extraterrestrial parasites called Metroids. Orphaned at a young age, Samus was brought up by the extraterrestrial avianoid Chozo race, who trained her as a warrior. The Chozo infused her with their blood in order to create a perfect warrior, and also gave her the Power Suit. The suit gives Samus the ability to transform herself into a sphere called the Morph Ball in order to roll through tight areas such as tunnels.

Dislikes:
Motherbrain

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #223 on: February 18, 2012, 07:11:13 PM »
I like Dawn better.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #224 on: February 18, 2012, 07:14:08 PM »
We could make it prince and princess duoke

#11 San

(54 Points) 3 of 24 Lists - Highest Ranking - #3 Invader Quirk

Appeal:

Wild and proud.

Bio:
A giant boar-demon attacks an Emishi village and the protagonist, Ashitaka (Yōji Matsuda), is forced to fight and kill him. In the struggle, Ashitaka receives a curse which grants him superhuman strength but will eventually kill him. Under the advice of the village wisewoman (Mitsuko Mori), he leaves to travel to the west in search of a cure. After some traveling, he meets Jigo (Kaoru Kobayashi), a wandering monk who tells Ashitaka that he might find help from the forest spirit of a mountain range populated by giant animal-gods. Iron Town, located in that range, continually clears the nearby forests to make charcoal to smelt ironsand and produces advanced firearms, leading to battles with the giant forest beasts. Among these animals are giant wolves, who are accompanied by San (Yuriko Ishida), a human girl adopted by the wolves, whom the villagers of Iron Town call "Princess Mononoke." Ashitaka finds two villagers injured by the wolves near a river, whom he returns to Iron Town, passing through the forest, where he catches a glimpse of the forest spirit, a kirin-like creature by day and a towering "night-walker" by night.

In Iron Town, Ashitaka learns from Lady Eboshi (Yūko Tanaka), the manager of the settlement, that she created the boar-demon by shooting it. Though upset, Ashitaka also finds out that Iron Town is a refuge for ancient Japan's social outcasts, including prostitutes andlepers, and thus finds himself unable to condemn Eboshi. That night, San infiltrates Iron Town to kill Eboshi. Ashitaka intervenes, using his curse's power to stop the fighting between Eboshi and San. While leaving the town with San, he is shot through the chest and very nearly dies. San takes Ashitaka to the Forest Spirit, who revives him, but does not remove the curse. San starts to develop feelings for Ashitaka. Boars, led by the boar god Okkoto (Hisaya Morishige), arrive to attack Iron Town, and San joins them. Eboshi prepares for the assault and sets out to destroy the Forest Spirit. Jigo, now revealed to be a mercenary-hunter, intends to give the head to the emperor, who in turn promises to give Iron Town legal protection from local daimyos.

The Imperial hunters kill the boars, and Okkoto is corrupted by a gunshot wound. The Forest Spirit comes and kills Okkoto, but Eboshi appears and shoots off the Forest Spirit's head. Jigo collects the head as the Forest Spirit's body transforms into a "mindless god of death" that begins destroying everything in its vicinity in search of its head. Ashitaka and San chase down and take back the head from Jigo, returning it to the Forest Spirit. It collapses into the lake, turning the land green and healing all the lepers and accursed, including Ashitaka and San. Ashitaka and San part to resume the lives they are used to, but promise to meet again; Ashitaka decides to stay and help rebuild Iron Town, which a reformed Eboshi vows to remake as "a better" village. The film ends with a Kodama appearing in the rejuvenated forest.

Dislikes:
Humans