Author Topic: Loc: Top 54 Fictional Crushes Countdown  (Read 57267 times)

anais.jude

Re: Loc: Top 54 Fictional Crushes Countdown
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2012, 08:07:51 AM »
I think that is the reason I am never a fan of female comic book characters

Coragale

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2012, 08:12:42 AM »
I think that is the reason I am never a fan of female comic book characters

My reason is that Ms. Marvel got essentially space-raped and impregnated, and none of the Avengers seemed to care.

How I didn't think of Brock Friggin' Samson, however, annoys the hell out of me. He is truly a man among men.

anais.jude

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2012, 08:15:32 AM »
I'm more not a fan of comics because of serialized, cartoonish melodrama.

I feel the same way about Middlemarch by George Eliot

Invader_quirk

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2012, 08:20:23 AM »
#39 Power Girl

Why why WHY aren't comic books taken seriously as an art form? I just CANNOT understand...

Seriously though, ew.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2012, 08:21:08 AM »
Wanna come with me?  I know this little hole in the wall...

#38 Mrs Brisby/Frisby

(34 Points) 2 of 24 Lists - Highest Ranking - #6 CJones

Appeal:
Motherly, gentle yet tenacious.

Bio:
A widowed field mouse, Mrs. Frisby, is known for seeking the aid of a group of former laboratory rats in rescuing her home from destruction by a farmer's plow, and learning of the history of the rats' escape from the laboratory and development of a literate and technological society.

Dislikes:
Birds, lizards, cats and dogs, her natural predators.

anais.jude

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2012, 08:22:06 AM »
Really? Well to each their own

Russell

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2012, 08:31:26 AM »
She must have SUPER duct tape to keep her from popping out when doing actiony stuff I guess? Or maybe that's how she distracts her enemies.  Either way, just a tad, a TAD, mind you, ridiculous.
I actually think it's double-sided tape. Duct tape really hurts to peel off. Trust me, I know.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 940
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2012, 08:51:52 AM »
Wanna come with me?  I know this little hole in the wall...

#38 Mrs Brisby/Frisby

(34 Points) 2 of 24 Lists - Highest Ranking - #6 CJones

I am astounded that somebody other than me voted for her. I was a huge fan of that movie/book when I was a kid.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6299
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2012, 08:54:11 AM »
#38 Mrs Brisby/Frisby
Never had a crush on her, but damn she was awesome!

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2012, 09:07:37 AM »
Wanna shag... carpet-lined spaceship?

#37 Barbarella

(35 Points) 2 of 24 Lists - Highest Ranking - #4 Johnny Unusual

Appeal:

Insatiable in appetite and dynamite with a laser beam (sorry, that song’s been stuck in my head.  Seems appropriate though.

Bio:
Barbarella is a young woman who travels from planet to planet and has numerous adventures, often involving sex (the aliens she meets often seduce her, and she also experiments with a "machine excessive" or "orgasmotron"). The original comic book version of Barbarella was probably modeled on Brigitte Bardot, who was once married to the director of the 1968 film, Roger Vadim. Vadim's third wife, Jane Fonda, starred as Barbarella in the 1968 movie based on the character.  And lets face it, it’s that version you’re probably thinking of, though I do want to read those comics.
Sex.  And, time permitting, saving the universe.

Dislikes:
Those creepy dolls!

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2012, 09:30:32 AM »
Yeah, I got a bulky super-string theory or something

#36 Winifred Burkle

(36 Points) 2 of 24 Lists - Highest Ranking - #1 Tripe Hound Redux

Appeal:

Shy, sweet and kind and all kinds of fun… once she gets out of her room.

Bio:
Fred was born in San Antonio, Texas to Roger and Patricia "Trish" Burkle. When she finished college, she moved to Los Angeles for graduate school at UCLA. Originally majoring in history, Fred took a physics class with Professor Seidel, which inspired her to take another path. Around this time, she began working at Stewart Brunell Public Library. In 1996, while shelving a demon language book, a curious Fred recited the cryptic text out loud and was accidentally sucked into a dimensional portal to Pylea (her future friend Lorne was sucked into the same portal on his side and ended up in Los Angeles). It was later discovered that the portal was actually opened by Fred's jealous college professor, Professor Seidel, who had sent every promising student to it, essentially sending them to their death. Fred was the only one of at least six to return (cf. "Supersymmetry"). In high school or college, Fred was amarijuana user as shown in the episode "Spin The Bottle." In that episode, she asks Wesley and "Liam" for weed and was also revealed to have had to take a personality disorder test and to be something of a conspiracy theorist.

For five years, Fred spent an arduous life as a "cow," the Pylean word for humans who are kept as slaves. The harsh life of solitude and serfdom took a serious toll on her social skills, as well as her mental health; when Angel meets Fred she is curled up in a cave, scribbling on the already-covered walls, having seemingly convinced herself that her previous life in L.A. had not been real.

It was revealed that Fred had once been forced to wear an explosive shock collar. However, Fred's salvation comes when Angel and his crew arrive in Pylea to find Cordelia Chase, who had become trapped there. It is notable that when Angel's demon came fully to the fore, it attacked just about everyone but Fred – including Gunn and Wesley. Despite this shocking display of violence, Angel never seemed to scare Fred, and even at his most demonic, he never attacked her. In fact, her presence seemed to have a calming effect on him.

When Pylea is liberated, Fred accompanies Angel and the rest of the gang back to Los Angeles and stays in the Hyperion Hotel to re-adjust to life on Earth and regain her mental stability. Despite several traumatic instances, such as being held hostage by Gunn's old vampire-hunting crew, she adjusts quite well to "normal" life.

Her knowledge of physics and mathematics make her an excellent asset when researching and developing strategies. Fred quickly develops a romantic relationship with Gunn, which lasts roughly one year. She is also the object of affection of Wesley Wyndam-Pryce, who attempts to step aside after Gunn and Fred started dating, but is still drawn to her. Near the end of her relationship with Gunn, Fred and Wesley share a kiss, but after discovering that Wesley had been in a relationship – albeit a rather complex one – with Lilah Morgan, her feelings for Wesley cool considerably.

Eventually, Fred discovers that it was actually her former professor's fault that she had been trapped in Pylea, and indeed, Professor Seidel had attempted to trap her in another world yet again. Furious, she plots to kill him with Wesley's help. Gunn, however, feels that such a brutal act, even against Seidel, will ultimately destroy her. As a result, in a battle where she is trying to trap him in a hell dimension, Gunn snaps Seidel's neck himself and drops the body into the portal. Unfortunately, this causes a rift between Fred and Gunn, and ultimately ends their relationship.

Dislikes:
Being called a cow.  But seriously, who does?

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2012, 09:31:34 AM »
At least with her, you know she won't say "Let's just be friends"

#36 Endo Kanna

(36 Points) 2 of 24 Lists - Highest Ranking - #1 Asbestos Bill

Appeal:

Sweet, adventurous and stands up to evil authority with no fear.

Bio:
Kenji's niece, she serves as the protagonist for the events in the aftermath of the "Bloody New Year's Eve". She is shown to have ESP at an advanced level, and is capable of predicting the future (To a small extent), bend spoons with her mind, and even once strangled a woman without touching her (in a fit of emotional rage). She loves rock&roll, due to Kenji's obsession with it. She idolizes Kenji despite what the rest of the world thinks of him, and is also quite skilled at the guitar. She lives by herself in a low-rent apartment and works part-time at a small noodle shop in the middle of Thai/Chinese Mafia territory.

Dislikes:
Friend

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2012, 09:32:00 AM »
More later tonight.  Got to go.

Invader_quirk

« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2012, 09:32:40 AM »
First one from my list! Yay, Kanna!

I know you can gleam this info from the write-ups, but could you possibly put what the character is from under the name?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2012, 09:57:12 AM »
Sigh, Fred.