Author Topic: Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen .sync ?  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Baron Leduc

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen .sync ?
« on: February 01, 2012, 12:29:57 PM »
Hi ! New here !

I just bought the Rifftrax of the Transformers Revenge of the Fallen and I'm shocked to notice that there aren't any .sync files for the riff. Why ? It's a pain in the butt to syncro two players at the same time, which I want to avoid it as much as possible ...

Thank you.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1008
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: Transformers 2 Revenge of the Fallen .sync ?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 12:33:09 PM »
IIRC, there's an issue with some paramount discs that keep them from synching properly with the player. However, one of the actual RT should be along shortly to confirm or correct me.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 850
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 01:21:10 PM »
The catalog page says the older player .riff files won't work so I assume that also translates to the new players .sync files.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Baron Leduc

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 04:15:34 PM »
Okay. Thank you guys but is there anything to watch the rifftrax properly without using two players at the same time ? Is there any other way to sync the thing ? I know there is a thread about making your own sync. files (???) but I don't know how to made a file.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 850
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 04:42:45 PM »
You could use an ipod for the riff and watch the DVD on your tv.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1008
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 02:12:08 PM »
Okay. Thank you guys but is there anything to watch the rifftrax properly without using two players at the same time ? Is there any other way to sync the thing ?

Aside from using the player, that'd be the easiest way to synch it; audio player running in the background, video in the foreground. (If there's a media player out there that can play two files at the same time, I'm not aware of it.)

Offline ReiCow

• Riffplayer Developer
  • Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 03:57:11 PM »
Hello,

It is one of two things: either the disc presently breaks the player, or no one has made a sync file for it. I only have the bluray copy of that one nearby, so I can't test which it is, but if anyone is curious, an easy way to tell if a movie will work is to use the player with the wrong riff + sync (ie, put in Transformers 2 and use Empire Strikes Back riff + sync files). If it "works," ie. both play.. with the sync file having a dead space pause at the beginning, then you know a sync file just needs to be made. You can then either make one yourself, or request one be made here. If not, it is a problem disc that will be addressed in future versions of the player.

Cheers,
RC