Author Topic: Warm Bodies (Twilight but with zombies)  (Read 8350 times)

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 2
  • I use every color in the box. At once.
Warm Bodies (Twilight but with zombies)
« on: January 23, 2012, 02:00:40 PM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1588173/

After a zombie becomes involved with the girlfriend of one of his victims, their romance sets in motion a sequence of events that might transform the entire lifeless world.

Holy crap, this thing is real. Let me reiterate: holy crap, this thing is really really real. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warm_bodies

So, from the Wikipedia page, it says that the movie (being backed by Summit Entertainment) is based on the debut novel of Issac Marion, which takes place after a zombie apocalypse. Zombies in this universe get high from eating the brains of victims and experiencing their memories, and the main character "R" falls in love with a girl after eating the brains of her suicidal boyfriend.

This is a perfect example of "not getting the joke".
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"

shodan

Re: Warm Bodies (Twilight but with zombies)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 02:16:11 PM »

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

shodan

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 03:10:51 PM »
this is a major example of the problem i have with stephanie myers. she proved that if you put any whiny emotional teenage bullshit drama, and throw in some supernatural element into a book, it will sell. zombies are not tortured teenage souls who just want to love. they are undead ,souless, mindless, flesh eating animals that only love you in the way a fat guy loves fried butter on a stick. fuck off issac marion. and assuming you werent named after a small french province (since you were born in washington) your parents even managed to spell isaac wrong.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 03:15:31 PM »
this is a major example of the problem i have with stephanie myers. she proved that if you put any whiny emotional teenage bullshit drama, and throw in some supernatural element into a book, it will sell. zombies are not tortured teenage souls who just want to love. they are undead ,souless, mindless, flesh eating animals that only love you in the way a fat guy loves fried butter on a stick. fuck off issac marion. and assuming you werent named after a small french province (since you were born in washington) your parents even managed to spell isaac wrong.

So Twilight ruined Vampires for all time and now this movie will ruin Zombies,how long before the rest of the monster kingdom is ruined?

What I find creepy is that it seems the majority of woman think the perfect man is someone who stalks them,kidnaps them,breaks into their house,and other wise tries to control every second of their lives.  It just creeps me out that most woman would rather be stalked by some creepy loner then date someone who treats them like a fellow member of the human race.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3155
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 03:21:20 PM »
Here's a little gem from the Wiki page:

The zombies don’t really talk in the film, so extensive voice-over will be used to express their thoughts. Director Levine sought to expand the zombie mythology by making the zombies better looking than in other films.

RRGH! GRRRRR!

<His heart yearned for her. He could feel it in his veins for lack of anything else!>

Grooooan. BRAAAAINS!

<"Such beauty!" he thought. Surely she must have a wonderful personality to match!">

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 03:25:40 PM »
Here's a little gem from the Wiki page:

The zombies don’t really talk in the film, so extensive voice-over will be used to express their thoughts. Director Levine sought to expand the zombie mythology by making the zombies better looking than in other films.

RRGH! GRRRRR!

<His heart yearned for her. He could feel it in his veins for lack of anything else!>

Grooooan. BRAAAAINS!

<"Such beauty!" he thought. Surely she must have a wonderful personality to match!">

You know that idea makes Twilight look like a work of art.

Goodnight. 

ZOMBIES ARE ROTTING CORPSES,HOW ON EARTH DO YOU MAKE THEM LOOK GOD! :angry: :grr: :spammer:
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 03:55:11 PM »
I have a feeling the book wasn't supposed to be the next Twilight. It just doesn't seem like it takes itself that seriously.

It's the movie studios who are turning it into a Twilight clone. I'm somewhat interested in picking up the book, though.

Oh, and I just realized: The main character is named "R". The girl he's in love with is named "Julie". R+J

I can only hope this movie is going to be so bad it's unintentionally hilarious.
"Hey, you kids! Those boxes are for shipping! Not for creating a world of pure imagination!"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5684
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 06:13:48 PM »
So Twilight ruined Vampires for all time and now this movie will ruin Zombies,how long before the rest of the monster kingdom is ruined?
Don't forget, Twilight ruined werewolves, too.

Also, about the "how do you make zombies look good?" The vampires in Twilight were cold and clammy to the touch, yet that was supposed to be desirable by bella! And they sell sparkly dildos that women can put in the fridge to make them cold and clammy before use! We are many, many levels of fucked-upness already. I don't want to see what zombie pervert movie will wrought.

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 06:34:44 PM »

Also, about the "how do you make zombies look good?" The vampires in Twilight were cold and clammy to the touch, yet that was supposed to be desirable by bella! And they sell sparkly dildos that women can put in the fridge to make them cold and clammy before use! We are many, many levels of fucked-upness already. I don't want to see what zombie pervert movie will wrought.

I did not need to know that :gouge:

Good night if it is put int a book or movie with the word romance on the cover woman will do it no matter how stupid the idea is.  The only way I can explain how otherwise smart woman are into this type of stuff is that there must be something genetic where once a woman sees the word romance the reasoning center of her brain just completely shuts down.  That is my theory any way.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 06:54:57 PM by Smith Dr John Smith »
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 06:45:01 PM »

Neither did I, but I can't unlearn it. So I just wanted to share my pain.

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 06:56:36 PM »

But how am I ever supposed to get to sleep again now that I know this?
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 07:24:56 PM »

But how am I ever supposed to get to sleep again now that I know this?
When I figure it out, I'll let you know.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 08:00:32 PM »
I'm genuinely interested how they are going to try and pull off making necrophillia sexy.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Scribblesense

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2012, 08:13:34 PM »
I'm genuinely interested how they are going to try and pull off making necrophillia sexy.

I fear it will involve the phrase:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)