login

Author Topic: So have we learned anything?  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1270
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
So have we learned anything?
« on: January 20, 2012, 04:58:40 PM »
I learned that in some towns, it's customary to report on last night's weather.

I learned that some people will not think anything of an indestructible tree that was not in their back yard yesterday.  That the same people will not notice when that same tree instantly moves to the living room.

I learned that absolutely nobody will notice when it spontaneously goes from night to day.

I learned that people will go for top-down drives in a convertible at nighttime a few days into Winter.  I can't put the top on MY car down if it's less than 70 degrees, but these folks are apparently much more accustomed.

Offline Joe Molotov

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 10
Re: So have we learned anything?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:12:44 PM »
If you ever have the chance to gain omnipotence, you should probably only ask for an hours worth, and then waste that hour making people's cars drive away from them.

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 10
Re: So have we learned anything?
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 08:57:01 PM »
I learned that witches will try to peddle "The Secret" as occult wisdom.

I learned that magic trees are creepy and needlessly sarcastic.

I learned that if you start being selfish a giant will randomly try to abduct you and, despite wanting you to keep as his slave, will show you visions to make you leave his sphere of influence.

I also learned that, in a film with one very specific source of magic and magical influence, just throw a quasi-allegorical selfish giant in should you feel the protagonist is too corrupt to be redeemed on his own initiative.
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."