Author Topic: Christmas with RiffTrax featuring "The Magic Christmas Tree" Now Available!!!  (Read 6263 times)

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
Is there any sort of menu in the download?  Or is it just a straight stream of video with the main feature, the short, the commercials, and the gift exchange all in a row?  Are the commercials interspersed throughout the feature or do they come separately?

No menu. Straight stream of video with chapter breaks. All the non-movie bits are at the front before the movie.

Well if I can find the times that the segments start, I can just set them as chapters and link that way.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
Is there any sort of menu in the download?  Or is it just a straight stream of video with the main feature, the short, the commercials, and the gift exchange all in a row?  Are the commercials interspersed throughout the feature or do they come separately?

No menu. Straight stream of video with chapter breaks. All the non-movie bits are at the front before the movie.

Well if I can find the times that the segments start, I can just set them as chapters and link that way.

There are chapters in the ISO that break it up just like that.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom

There are chapters in the ISO that break it up just like that.
Okay cool.  I downloaded the ISO and mounted it as a virtual drive, ran ChapterXTractor, and got the following 21 chapter stops.  I can probably do chapter playlists to create options for individual segments.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
Okay so with the chapter breaks in the ISO, it breaks down like this:

Ch 1-4:  Gift Exchange
Ch 5: Joe DiMaggio Show
Ch 6: The Shanty Where Santa Lives
Ch 7-20: The Magic Christmas Tree.

I laid out my menus like this and set some chapter playlists based on that numbering.