Author Topic: LOC Supplemental - 2012 Most Requested Rifftax -Due 1/29! Last Call!  (Read 14019 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Hi folks. It's that time of year again - the time to see what riffs you'd like to see from Rifftrax in 2012! Here's the procedure-

Create a list of movies that you'd like to see riffed, each numbered from 1 to 25 like so:

1. The movie you most want to see a Rifftrax for.
2. The second most movie you want to see a Rifftrax for.
3. The third most movie you want to see a Rifftrax for.
And so on until you get to #25.

Once the list is complete, send it to me via Personal Message, not via this thread.

When all submissions are in, I'll score them. Your #1 choice gets 25 points, your #2 choice gets 24, all the way down to your #25 choice, which gets 1. I add up the points, and then rank the titles in a list here in this forum for your enjoyment.

What is eligible? To keep thing consistent with prior lists, the requested track must
1) Have been released prior to January 1, 2012
2) Be currently available on DVD.
3) No shorts, exercise videos, TV series or anything else on DVD. just movies. TV movies that are available on DVD are fine though.
4) No "adult" titles please. Not adult like "Naked Lunch", adult like "Shaving Ryan's Privates."
5) Do not suggest any titles that are known to be en route. Currently those titles are - Logan's Run & Captain America: The First Avenger.

If the movie was released in 2011, it is exempt from #2. So if you really want to see Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked riffed, go for it. Otherwise, you can choose vomit-inducing bad films, you can choose Academy Award winning films. You can choose recent films, you can choose films from 1906. From any genre, from any director, from any time period, if you want to see if riffed, then put it on your list.

Now, this is not an official list. The folks at Rifftrax are not under any obligation to riff anything on these lists. (But they have riffed many things we've suggested before.) It is just for the amusement of the folks of this forum.

This list is in addition to whatever list follows the winter characters list, BTW.

So, submit your lists! The deadline for submissions is Midnight, Pacific time on Sunday, January 15, 2012.

For those curious:
2011's Results
2010 Results
2009 Results
2008 Results
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 10:23:03 AM by Compound »

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
Re: LOC Supplemental - 2012 Most Requested Rifftax
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 08:45:31 PM »
I'll be getting on that one pretty soon.

Watchman

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 09:35:32 PM »
5) Do not suggest any titles that are known to be en route. Currently those titles are - Logan's Run
I take it this only applies to the remake. ;)

As for consulting what's currently available on DVD, DVD Aficionado (dvdaf.com) is usually pretty up to date about what's gone out of print.

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 01:27:48 AM »
Sent my list in.  I am glad we can put TV movies on our list.  A certain TV movie finally got an R1 DvD release.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Watchman

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 10:49:46 PM »
Just PM'd my list.

Sent my list in.  I am glad we can put TV movies on our list.  A certain TV movie finally got an R1 DvD release.
From what decade, may I ask?

OT: Horror buff I am, I've discovered a lot made-for-TV gems from the 70's, including the original Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (not on my LOC, mind you).
I even discovered, to my surprise, that Spielberg even made an obscure TV demonic horror movie after Duel that he's quite successfully kept out of print & out of public consciousness (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069298/). I think the only way to see Something Evil is one of those user-uploaded VHS dubs on Youtube. Anyone seen this one?

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 10:30:09 AM »
Just PM'd my list.

OT: Horror buff I am, I've discovered a lot made-for-TV gems from the 70's, including the original Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (not on my LOC, mind you).
I even discovered, to my surprise, that Spielberg even made an obscure TV demonic horror movie after Duel that he's quite successfully kept out of print & out of public consciousness (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069298/). I think the only way to see Something Evil is one of those user-uploaded VHS dubs on Youtube. Anyone seen this one?
:o I never knew about that.

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 05:08:16 PM »
Just PM'd my list.

The 1990s.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Watchman

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 06:29:21 PM »
Just PM'd my list.

It seems as though most people who know about it were people who were alive in the 70's to see it broadcast on TV (I was born in '83, not possible). I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about cinema, so I was very surprised when I discovered this; I'd always thought Spielberg's filmography went from Duel to The Sugarland Express.

And the comments I've read on the IMDB board make this sound very intriguing & creepy. Comments about glowing red eyes & stuff pulsating in jars. I'm not sure why he's withholding it from a video release, it sounds like there actually is a demand for it (at least more of a demand than Always or The Lost World).

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 09:25:18 PM »
Just PM'd my list.

It seems as though most people who know about it were people who were alive in the 70's to see it broadcast on TV (I was born in '83, not possible). I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about cinema, so I was very surprised when I discovered this; I'd always thought Spielberg's filmography went from Duel to The Sugarland Express.

And the comments I've read on the IMDB board make this sound very intriguing & creepy. Comments about glowing red eyes & stuff pulsating in jars. I'm not sure why he's withholding it from a video release, it sounds like there actually is a demand for it (at least more of a demand than Always or The Lost World).
Is he really actively withholding it, or is it more of an issue with getting all the rights to release it?

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 745
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 03:40:00 AM »
I've got two that I've been wanting someone (Rifftrax or one of the good iRiffers) to do for quite a while now. They're both well know titles that I'm amazed no one has done yet. So I've got my numbers one and two...

The hard part is going to be thinking of the other 23. Well, I've got two weeks so I'm sure I can throw together something by then.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2012, 11:31:38 AM »
I've got two that I've been wanting someone (Rifftrax or one of the good iRiffers) to do for quite a while now. They're both well know titles that I'm amazed no one has done yet. So I've got my numbers one and two...

The hard part is going to be thinking of the other 23. Well, I've got two weeks so I'm sure I can throw together something by then.
You can look at previous years lists for inspiration. Also, you can submit a list with fewer than 25 on it, it just will count less is all.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 995
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 01:33:08 PM »

You can look at previous years lists for inspiration. Also, you can submit a list with fewer than 25 on it, it just will count less is all.

I've added links to the prior lists in the first post. You might also head to Youtube and search for Rifftrax and ComicCon (Or look at this one or this one ) where folks have vocally requested certain titles.  Those might also inspire you.

Offline gojikranz

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 23
  • im baaaack
    • my facebook?
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 03:47:19 PM »
I'm in.  cant wait for the results this is always my favorite list.
MICROPHONE MANIAC COMING SOON!!
Promo Featurette: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vzYR6_-UqE

anais.jude

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 09:26:57 AM »
Sent. Me want results!

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 10:01:59 AM »
I have to say if this list was made before they riffed it I would have assumed that Transformers 3 would come in number one place but since they riffed it I have no idea what will take the top spot this year.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.