Author Topic: Sad news: There will be a Transformers 4  (Read 29953 times)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Re: Sad news: There will be a Transformers 4
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2014, 06:35:00 PM »
A transforming pony.  The ultimate crossover.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2014, 07:11:46 PM »
A transforming pony.  The ultimate crossover.

And also something that actually caught my attention for a few seconds.

Unlike the rest of this pile of slop.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5712
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2014, 07:17:02 PM »
Brad Jones (The Cinema Snob) review with his friends was surprisingly positive. Relatively, anyway. Still not a good movie, but better than the other ones, and not aggressively insulting.
I am looking forward to Spoony's rant.

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2014, 12:11:45 PM »
Brad Jones (The Cinema Snob) review with his friends was surprisingly positive. Relatively, anyway. Still not a good movie, but better than the other ones, and not aggressively insulting.

MovieBob's review was surprisingly positive. He Hated the first three.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/9485-Transformers-Age-of-Extinction-Better-Than-The-First-Three
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 466
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2014, 07:01:19 PM »
In Michael Bay's mind, it goes from dusk, to daytime, back to dusk again in inside two minutes.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:32:23 PM by Trekker4747 »

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2014, 07:33:28 PM »

Yeah, that surprised me. Brad was actually quite "praiseful" of it compared to the previous one.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2014, 09:47:24 PM »
I'm glad to see this movie getting at least somewhat better reviews than the others. But I'll still wait for the inevitable Rifftrax.

And for some reason the search function sucks, and I can't find the thread I made a few years ago about the few positive things I could say about Bayformers.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2014, 03:18:06 AM »
And for some reason the search function sucks, and I can't find the thread I made a few years ago about the few positive things I could say about Bayformers.

Probably lost when the board software was updated a few years back. If you look in some of the older RT-Release forums you'll notice a LOT got pruned.

Ad for good things about Bayformers, well... They have endings, if you look hard enough you might notice the Transformers are in there as characters.  And... Hot actresses?

Anyway, I think it's too much to say the movie is getting better reviews. Professional reviews over at Rotten Tomatoes has it in the teens.

Most viewer reviews I've seen have been along the lines of "best one of the franchise" and "not bad."  Both kind of with a shrug and an admission that it's damming with faint praise.

I mean, don't get me wrong when I say I liked it.  The movie was still god-awful terrible and typical Bay excess, but it wasn't as over-the-top and annoying as the previous movies and I'm one to say it's the best movie of the franchise but that's only because something has to be. (I guess, think of the "Winning the Special-Olympics" internet image macro.)

It didn't have Shia LeBouff, offensive characters, after a certain point no useless annoying characters and wasn't all that annoying as the others. Also, the Autobots are actually more of characters in the movie and are more well handled.

On the other hand? It's almost three goddamn hours long!

There's nowhere near enough story here to support that run time and the movie becomes pretty tedious pretty quickly.  If the movie was trimmed down to inside of two hours, I'd probably be willing to actually give it a lot more praise and call it "good."  But as it stands?  The movie just "wasn't terrible."  Had some good visuals in it and, the human characters sort of serve a purpose and didn't want me to slam a car-door on their batch.

Offline Nobody

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 617
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2014, 03:26:28 AM »
No way I'll watch this without Rifftrax.  Michael Bay sucks Devastator's massive taint.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2014, 08:17:11 AM »
It's the long runtime where I don't buy it when some people have claimed Michael Bay doesn't want to make these movies.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2014, 08:35:50 AM »
It didn't feel like a three hour film.  It's surprisingly well paced with few few slow points.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2014, 11:14:03 PM »
Yeah, it wasn't too bad. It's not the Transformers movie all the fans have been waiting for, and it's still distinctly Michael Bay, but the humans are way more sane and tolerable, the core team of about 5 Autobots have some actual personality and are worth rooting for, and the action sequences, though exhaustingly numerous, are way easier to follow.

Soguru

« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2014, 11:34:45 PM »
There will definitely be a Transformers 5 now that it's been officially labeled a hit. Dios ayuda todos nosotros.  >:(

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2014, 12:00:06 AM »
OK! You know that I love you, Swipe... but what is the fucking thing with The Transformers, already....

I was totally done with, Go-Bots, Voltron, Boogie-bots.... or whatever.... like 30 years ago! I was so sick of seeing these transforming toy commercials I thought I might puke every day, (I was selling kids shoes and every shoe was some kind of Transformer thing), and then I worked in a toy shop.... holy my god and sonny jesus, I was so sick of transforming, Japanese robots....

And now, 30 years later, there are like 29 movies... WHY!!!

What is the appeal?! Please tell me.... gods I hate Japan and their goddamn robots! Good food, BAD ROBOTS!!!
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2014, 06:19:04 AM »
Hahaha, I get it.  It was a big part of my childhood.  My first real favorite t.v. show.  You know how you pick stuff up in your formative years and it just sticks around the rest of your ife.  Yeah, that's what happened.

I am under no illusions though, Im not going to argue that everything to do with Transformers is a masterpiece, execept maybe the Masterpiece collectible line.  It was a ridiculous toy commercial but it was an awesome one at that.  The movies, for the most part entertain the hell out of me too, so that's my personal bias.

Also, they toys were originally from Japanese toy lines, but they were considered a failure in Japan.  Hasbro licensed the molds and created the mythology and characters and eventually sold the characters back to Japan.  So the popularity relies a lot on Hasbro, maybe even more than Japan.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.