login

Author Topic: Sad news: There will be a Transformers 4  (Read 29987 times)

Offline fubisd

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 10
  • I came, I saw, I turned around, I walked out.
    • Intrepid Asylum on YouTube
Re: Sad news: There will be a Transformers 4
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2014, 05:13:11 PM »
I didn't see the 3rd Transformers without Rifftrax help.  After seeing Devastator's balls in the 2nd one, I was done.

But speculation makes me wonder.... Could we see Unicron, and could that be Galvatron... voiced by Nimoy in the '86 cartoon movie?  Galvatron came back as a giant gun on tracks after Unicron worked his energon magic. 

Or do we have a synopsis and it's just a Devastator ball fest.
Please visit my page on YouTube.  Search Intrepid Asylum and there I'll be!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2014, 03:43:33 AM »
Galvatron was the other main villian besides Megatron, right? the lazer cannon or something?

Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5713
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2014, 05:48:58 AM »
Galvatron was the other main villian besides Megatron, right? the lazer cannon or something?
In the animated movie, Megatron was turned into Galvatron by Unicron. ...and I just realized how silly of a sentance that was...

Offline fubisd

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 10
  • I came, I saw, I turned around, I walked out.
    • Intrepid Asylum on YouTube
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2014, 04:23:05 AM »
Yeah.  Hasbro wanted to refresh the toy line, so they killed off nearly a dozen autobots but only a small handful of decepticons.  Heck even most of those decepticons that were killed were absorbed by Unicron and spit back out as brand new, fully marketable toys.  Megatron being one of them, turning into Galvatron.  Thundercracker was turned into Scourge, yadda yadda yadda.

The one thing I hate in all the movies... beyond Devastators balls, beyond the racist autobots, beyond the fact that Prime had lips... was Starscream.  I mean ffs, he had to be the ugliest out of ALL of them.  No seething hate, no manipulative streak, no color, and his body just looked ridiculous.  You'd have to have never seen a single 80's Transformers cartoon to not understand Starscream.  Every time Megatron left to take a dump Starscream was there to stab him in the back.
Please visit my page on YouTube.  Search Intrepid Asylum and there I'll be!

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2014, 05:52:50 AM »
Yeah.  Hasbro wanted to refresh the toy line, so they killed off nearly a dozen autobots but only a small handful of decepticons.  Heck even most of those decepticons that were killed were absorbed by Unicron and spit back out as brand new, fully marketable toys.  Megatron being one of them, turning into Galvatron.  Thundercracker was turned into Scourge, yadda yadda yadda.

In the animated movie, Megatron was turned into Galvatron by Unicron. ...and I just realized how silly of a sentance that was...

These are among the many reasons I remain shocked people are angry the movies are silly and disposable, the animated series was a repetitive and kind of awful commercial for cool toys.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2014, 01:04:56 PM »
The fact that the source material was often kind of silly is the reason I usually give Bay's Transformers flicks a pass into the "Pretty Watchable" category.

What Bay's movies missed, and what I think most of the die-hard G1 fans are missing whether they realize it or not, is that each of the Transformers had a very unique, somewhat relatable personality. Most of Bay's Transformers had little to no personality, and the few that did were kind of obnoxious. It sounds conterintuitive, but I think if the TF movies were a bit more character-driven rather than action-driven, they'd resonate with the fans a little more.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2014, 01:52:35 PM »
Yeah, that and the minor fact that the show was ABOUT THE ROBOTS! They were the main characters, not the humans.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2014, 02:09:01 PM »
Yes, I would love to see a 2 hour movie 75% of it robots only, but that will never happen in a big block buster.  It will always be human centered.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #113 on: March 16, 2014, 02:26:02 PM »
Uh, how about a ONE AND A HALF hour movie? Does anybody know how to make one of those anymore?

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2014, 05:54:53 PM »
So this movie...

Isn't that bad. 

It isn't great, but it's good.  The story is pretty coherent, shaky cam is kept to a minimum so you can see what's going on.  Humans don't overshadow the robots, and the ones in the film work with the story.  The dinobots are awesome, and there aren't a ton of robots to keep track of.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4484
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »
Heard the comic relief is kept to a minimum.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2014, 06:01:01 PM »
Heard the comic relief is kept to a minimum.

Very much so.  Basically, the little truck one from the last movie is in it, but he's barely in it.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2014, 06:05:34 PM »
No, the other one that was in the third movie.  His name is Brains, not that any of you care.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2014, 06:15:54 PM »
No, the other one that was in the third movie.  His name is Brains, not that any of you care.
The important thing is that there was a pony in the film. 

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4484
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2014, 06:21:10 PM »
The important thing is that there was a pony in the film. 

So that's what it would look like if Shia and Del Toro fused.