login

Author Topic: Sad news: There will be a Transformers 4  (Read 29127 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5617
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Sad news: There will be a Transformers 4
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2013, 09:24:00 AM »
http://www.chud.com/129649/transformers-4-heads-to-motor-city-lets-loose-plot-details/

I keep hearing about how they are going to redesign the Transformers for the new movie, and somehow give a reason why. $20 says they make them even MORE complicated.

Also, the idea of humans using transformers technology (presumably to make their own robots) just brings to mind the G1 episode B.O.T. You know, the one that even the biggest Transformers fans hate!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3071
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2013, 10:53:13 AM »
I say he should go for broke and try to make a movie out of "Carnage in C Minor". Orlando Bloom would make a good Zebop, so Michael Bay would probably cast Bruce Willis. :^)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2013, 06:29:12 PM »
I'm not sure where you are getting all the hate of B.O.T.  Carnage in C Minor is hated way more than B.O.T

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 618
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2013, 03:36:16 PM »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3071
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »
Optimus Prime vs. Sideshow Bob...

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4962
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2013, 02:22:25 AM »
Optimus Prime vs. Sideshow Bob...

That would be great.  Shame that he simply be playing an exploding tit that says "Shit just got real."

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2013, 05:07:09 AM »
Gobots!
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2013, 07:31:59 PM »
Bleeding Cool:
Meet The New Bumblebee From Transformers 4. The Makeover Is Pretty Radical – UPDATED
Quote from:  Brendon Connelly
Meanwhile, here’s a big old rusty cab also spotted at the location by Instagram user RezzieBoi. An alt Optimus?
Ultra Magnus?

Offline Raven

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 177
  • Nevermore...
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2013, 09:17:31 PM »
Well the 3rd one was better than the 2nd one.  If they keep getting incrimentally better like that, by the 15th film one might be considered "alright."  Not watching this til there's a riff for it and I'm not hoping they make a riff for it.

Offline Zeether

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2013, 01:15:59 PM »
The ratty old Freightliner is rumored to be Grimlock, which makes zero sense. And they could have used THAT for Prime instead, but no, gotta have the giant ugly snubnose truck with the flames and the pipes sticking out at an angle...

I bet Bumblebee will be mute again too. And despite VW saying "we don't want to be associated with war toys" a Veyron is one of the Autobots, from a company owned by VW now.  ::)

Also, "B.O.T." is probably the worst G1 episode, not just because the plot is stupid but because there's ridiculous errors like the Autobots being flummoxed by a wooden door and the ubiquitous scale issues (which to be fair were always a thing with Transformers). Carnage in C Minor is just as bad though, wasn't that one of the episodes they outsourced to AKOM and it was rife with horrible animation errors?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 01:21:37 PM by Zeether »
"Don't make me shoot you...CROOOOOOOOOW!"

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #85 on: August 25, 2013, 07:04:59 PM »

Call Sheet Reveals Tons of ‘Transformers 4′ Details Including Dinobots And Possible “New” Optimus Prime
Quote from: Germain Lussier
One big question I have is “New Optimus.” We know he looks new design wise, but if that’s just his look in the film, why call him “new” on the call sheet? Unless there is a “new” and “old” one. I have a feeling we might be in for some kind of Transformers: The Movie situation.

Bleeding Cool:
First Official Shot From Transformers 4, Word That Dinobots Will Be On Set Today

BAD:
How Optimus Prime’s Death Defined A Generation

Offline Zeether

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2013, 06:55:54 AM »
Someone caught the crew filming a scene where Prime drives through explosions. Yup, Bayformers movie all right. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4n3eqszkkE
"Don't make me shoot you...CROOOOOOOOOW!"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5617
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2013, 09:50:01 AM »
I am still curious to see their "redesigned" robot forms. Maybe after 3 movies and 8 years developement, somebody has told them that fighting robots wouldn't have EXPOSED GEARS AND WIRING! Dumbass.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2013, 08:09:12 PM »

Age of Extinction" as the title of the fourth big-screen "Transformers" adventure has been unveiled exclusively here on Yahoo Movies.

The title reveal comes courtesy of the first official teaser poster, which incorporates the now-familiar logo of the number "4" merged with half of a Decepticon insignia. The artwork suggests we're somewhere in the desert (or perhaps some post-apocalyptic wasteland?), and the term "Age of Extinction" makes us think that one of our all-time favorite Transformers factions will be heavily featured in the movie.

We're speaking, of course, of the Dinobots, the robots that turned into dinosaurs that were one of Hasbro's masterstrokes in the seemingly never-ending sub-groups of Autobots and Decepticons. The Dinobots were about the coolest Transformers you could own back in the mid-'80s, with the team consisting of leader Grimlock (a T. Rex), Sludge (a Brontosaurus) and Slag (a Triceratops), with Snarl (a Stegosaurus) and Swoop (a Pterodactyl) introduced later.

The Dinobots have long been rumored to be making their debuts in "Transformers 4," er, "Transformers: Age of Extinction," mostly because including those characters seems like the next logical step in the franchise's evolution. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura all but confirmed the Dinobots being featured in the film in an interview earlier this week with Beijing News:

"I can not disclose the specifics, but you can be sure that the arrival of the Dinobots will give the audience a lot to be excited about," said di Bonaventura, via Tformers.com. "The world's coolest, most exciting cars will appear in the film, including Chinese vehicles, so whether you are a car enthusiast or not, it will be a feast for the eyes."

An interesting addendum there, as Hollywood blockbusters are all about catering to Chinese audiences lately. And they should be: "Pacific Rim" qualifies as a hit thanks to its astonishing $100 million take at the Chinese box office (more than that particular giant robot movie made in the U.S.). The new "Transformers" is being filmed in both in the U.S. and China, with Chinese singer/actor Han Geng making his English-language debut in the film.

Beyond this, plot details on "Transformers: Age of Extinction" are being kept under wraps. We do know the lead this time will be played by Mark Wahlberg, who takes over the reins from Shia LaBeouf. Wahlberg reteams with his "Pain & Gain" director Michael Bay, who told Yahoo Movies that Wahlberg plays a father in the new installment.

The cast of "Transformers: Age of Extinction" also includes Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, Nicola Peltz, Sophia Myles and T.J. Miller. The film will roll out (yeah, we almost made it to the end without including that reference) on June 27, 2014.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/transformers-4-title-reveal-age-extinction-hints-dinobots-225716345.html

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4962
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2013, 08:34:46 PM »
The cast of "Transformers: Age of Extinction" also includes ....T.J. Miller.

CYBERTRON, YEAH!