Author Topic: Sad news: There will be a Transformers 4  (Read 29950 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Sad news: There will be a Transformers 4
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2011, 02:11:57 PM »
The fans are upset because that never happened in the universe we cooked up (Probably.) Michael Bay's upset because he has no clue where the Transformers we're asking for is, and he's really doing what he can with what he has to work with. You just had to be there.
It almost sounds like we're supposed to feel some pity for Bay, because he's "trying."  Well, screw that.  He can go to hell.  Straight to hell.

;)
Me Grimlock say Bay go to Hell! RARGH! :P

Danecho1967

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2011, 02:18:06 PM »
The thought of how Bay would portray Grimlock makes me... sad.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2011, 02:18:53 PM »
The thought of how Bay would portray Grimlock makes me... sad.
I have to agree there :-[

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2011, 04:21:47 PM »
I still haven't seen the 2nd or 3rd Transformers movies... I'm sure I'll rent them or buy them used on eBay at some point for Rifftrax purposes... but it's not something I'm dying to get done. The biggest problem I had with the first movie was the action scenes. It's really the only reason I went to go see the thing in the theater... to see big robots fight... having no real expectations for how they were going to fill the non-CGI scenes. I actually didn't mind the whole Lebouf getting a car angle... seemed as good a reason as any to shoehorn in robots in disguise...considering the absurdity of that subject matter. But the action scenes were just a confused, shaky cam mess... concentrating on puny humans running around beneath the carnage... and nobody paid to see puny humans.

As far as the whole childhood memory thing... I had some Transformers as a kid... but they were always second banana toys. I grew up squarely in the lower middle class, and the Transformers toys were relatively expensive. It was always a bigger bang for your xmas/birthday buck to ask for GI Joe or Star Wars or whatever else that was based around $3 action figures... or Legos... which never cease to kick ass. So I guess I never got too drawn into the whole backstory... I'm sure I saw every episode of the original cartoon series multiple times... But couldn't tell you much beyond the fact that Starscream and Cobra Commander had the same voice.

Russell

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2011, 06:42:51 PM »
Let's stop for a second and let's say that in a best case scenario somebody who cares about Transformers writes the next movie. I think I might be bothered to play with the mythology a little bit. I think it would be important to establish that the Decepticons are truly justified in their hunting down the Autobots all over the galaxy. I would like to explore the reasons why the Autobots are both pacifistic and ignorant on some level(again, NOTHING like the other 3 films).

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2011, 06:50:58 PM »
The fans are upset because that never happened in the universe we cooked up (Probably.) Michael Bay's upset because he has no clue where the Transformers we're asking for is, and he's really doing what he can with what he has to work with. You just had to be there.
It almost sounds like we're supposed to feel some pity for Bay, because he's "trying."  Well, screw that.  He can go to hell.  Straight to hell.

;)

Not trying to defend him as much as explain him.

And when people who DID care about Transformers write Transformers, you get Transformers: Prime (Which rocks, BTW).

Russell

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2011, 06:58:34 PM »
And when people who DID care about Transformers write Transformers, you get Transformers: Prime (Which rocks, BTW).
No relation to Metroid Prime?

shodan

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2011, 07:02:56 PM »
No relation to Metroid Prime?
Samus Aran DOES share a lot of characteristics with transformers.... she can change into various things using her suit.

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2011, 07:13:44 PM »
Samus Aran DOES share a lot of characteristics with transformers.... she can change into various things using her suit.

*starts stopwatch until someone says "I'd rather see her change OUT of her suit."*

Russell

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2011, 07:32:33 PM »

*starts stopwatch until someone says "I'd rather see her change OUT of her suit."*
I'd rather see her change OUT of her suit. Dammit when are we going to see Samus in a V shaped one piece swimsuit...again?

shodan

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2011, 07:34:31 PM »
you had to work for that pic too.

Russell

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2011, 07:45:42 PM »
you had to work for that pic too.
That's also why I can clear Super Metroid in less than 90 minutes.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2011, 08:11:29 PM »
Well, he must be doing something right.  Considering the 3rd movie made over 1 billion dollars and is currently the 4th highest grossing film in history.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2011, 08:56:44 PM »
I seem to remember an interview where Bay said he'd never do Grimlock.  Have to admit some enjoyable curiosity at how Bay would do Unicron.

it is butchering a beloved childhood cartoon

Russell

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2011, 09:09:47 PM »
I seem to remember an interview where Bay said he'd never do Grimlock.  Have to admit some enjoyable curiosity at how Bay would do Unicron.
it is butchering a beloved childhood cartoon

Those faces are fucking creepy as shit.