Author Topic: Sad news: There will be a Transformers 4  (Read 28427 times)

Russell

Re: Sad news: There will be a Transformers 4
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 09:09:48 PM »
it is butchering a beloved childhood cartoon and degrading respectable actors though. im still pissed over Nimoy
They need my permission to make a fourth one. Okay Spielberg, let's get Michael Bay out of the picture for a second(Gets Michael Bay out of the picture), okay now here's a perfectly good director(introduces Christopher Nolan)

Spielberg: Hmmm, I dunno about that, he will no doubt produce a far superior product, and the people will notice and nobody will buy the Transformers movies or rent them again.
it is butchering a beloved childhood cartoon and degrading respectable actors though. im still pissed over Nimoy
I'm fairly certain the original cartoons remain untouched ,and nobody put a gun to these actor's heads and forced them to be in the movie. They have freewill. Face it, they whored-out for cash. Don't blame the movies, blame the choices the actors made.
Without the voice actors, those movies would have been Transformers in name only.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:11:19 PM by Gunflyer »

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 09:16:33 PM »
I'm fairly certain the original cartoons remain untouched ,and nobody put a gun to these actor's heads and forced them to be in the movie. They have freewill. Face it, they whored-out for cash. Don't blame the movies, blame the choices the actors made.
Without the voice actors, those movies would have been Transformers in name only.

Not sure what, if any, of the above points you're addressing here.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

shodan

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2011, 09:20:53 PM »

TRANSFORMERS 4! white hot electrical transference action!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2011, 09:22:53 PM »

TRANSFORMERS 4! white hot electrical transference action!

MKB would riff the SHIT outta that facility!

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5475
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2011, 09:33:39 PM »
The only returning voice actor who did the same voice from the cartoon was Peter Cullen, and he HAD TO AUDITION FOR THE ROLE! Are you fucking kidding me with this bulllshit?!

I do agree that the actors themselves should be ashamed that they took these roles. I mean, John Turturo, wasn't the peeing scene in the fucking script?

Really, without Bay (and Spielberg) fucking these movies up, the Transformers concept is not exactly rocket science. Any director worth a damn should be able to cobble together a halfway watchable movie from a concept as easy as this. But no, we still have Spielberg involved, and he's the one who wanted the concentration to be on the "boy getting his first car" bullshit. And Bay, who couldn't put together a cohesive action scene to save his life pile of cocain.

All we really need is a little simpler robot designs (not as blocky as the cartoon, of course), fewer closeups during action scenes, and less involvement with the human characters.

shodan

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 09:36:11 PM »
Really, without Bay (and Spielberg) fucking these movies up, the Transformers concept is not exactly rocket science
GIANT ROBOTS THAT TURN INTO THINGS!

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2011, 03:53:35 AM »
I mean, John Turturo, wasn't the peeing scene in the fucking script?

It's cute the way you think Michael Bay actually follows the script.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5475
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2011, 05:56:35 AM »
I mean, John Turturo, wasn't the peeing scene in the fucking script?

It's cute the way you think Michael Bay actually follows the script.
:D Good point.

Russell

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2011, 09:24:17 AM »
I'm just saying you're right.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2011, 09:32:24 AM »
I'm just saying you're right.

Oh, okay. I think I was confused because we were talking about all the actors and you singled out the voice actors. No worries.

it's basically Transformers because it's big robots changing into shit, but after that it all goes down the toilet.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3596
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2011, 09:36:15 AM »
it's basically Transformers because it's big robots changing into shit, but after that it all goes down the toilet.
It should've just been left alone as an 80s cartoon 8)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2011, 09:41:39 AM »

Like I said, the 80s cartoon is still there, unmolested, just as you remember it. That's never gonna change. Accept now we have these colossal cinematic embarrassments being served up on a silver platter to RiffTrax on a regular basis. How is that not the best of both worlds?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3596
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2011, 09:47:52 AM »

Like I said, the 80s cartoon is still there, unmolested, just as you remember it. That's never gonna change. Accept now we have these colossal cinematic embarrassments being served up on a silver platter to RiffTrax on a regular basis. How is that not the best of both worlds?
Oh.. I suppose so..
They should just riff the 80s cartoons instead ;D

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2888
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2011, 10:33:25 AM »
The thing about the original Transforners was that the GOOD Stuff, the stuff fans carry with them today and hold on a pedestal, didn't happen in the TV shows or comics. It happened on our bedroom floors. The way the old stuff succeeded was it didn't give you everything. It gave you just enough to fuel your imagination while you were playing with the toys. That worked fine for what it was, but it gave us all this false memory of how good it was because it was limited only by our imagination. If you ask a Transformers fan what their favorite transformer was and why, odds are the qualities they love about that character (Except for maybe Optimus and Megatron) didn't get shown at all in the cartoon. MAYBE the comic. It's because we all read the tech specs and filled in the gaps.

So you take someone like Michael Bay who is tasked with making it into a movie and all he has to work with is a cartoon in which there are good robots, bad robots, some silly scheme involving crashing the earth into the moon or something, and they fight each other. He sees the same gaps as we did as kids, so he starts filling them in like we did. Only he's an adult, so he fills it up with scantily clad girls and crude humor.

The fans are upset because that never happened in the universe we cooked up (Probably.) Michael Bay's upset because he has no clue where the Transformers we're asking for is, and he's really doing what he can with what he has to work with. You just had to be there.

Danecho1967

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 02:07:59 PM »
The fans are upset because that never happened in the universe we cooked up (Probably.) Michael Bay's upset because he has no clue where the Transformers we're asking for is, and he's really doing what he can with what he has to work with. You just had to be there.
It almost sounds like we're supposed to feel some pity for Bay, because he's "trying."  Well, screw that.  He can go to hell.  Straight to hell.

;)