login

Author Topic: San Andreas (2015)  (Read 4817 times)

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
Re: San Andreas (2015)
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2014, 04:03:59 AM »
I have no problem with disaster movies, but it has been a long time since there has been a good one.  The closest thing is Eli Roth's After Shock, which reimagined the genre as a gore movie but by all accounts isn't particularly good.  The problem is that people aren't making good ones.  A good one is about people surviving, but... well, let's put it this way, as bad as San Andreas looks, its marketing lets us know there are people in the movie, while Into the Storm had such befuddling marketing in that it showed some not particularly scenes of a storm happening and that's about it.  It's a shame, because I feel there's no such thing as a broken genre, just one that hasn't been given the proper love in a good long time.  I think someone should just make one that breaks the incredibly moldy mold.

Offline RandyMistie

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 116
  • Hello!
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2014, 04:55:23 AM »
"Sharknado!" enough said...
Hi!  I'm Randy and I'm a Riffaholic...

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2014, 05:15:21 AM »
...kay
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2014, 06:25:54 AM »
No. I agree with the other guy. Disaster movies are formulaic tripe. But some of you are alive today that will see the extinction of the human race. When the seas rise 80 feet in the next 20 years and Montana will be ocean front property.

Refugees, food shortages water shortages, rioting looting, storms that level cities, well... we are seeing the beginning of that now...

I'm half dead, so I won't be alive when the worst shit happens... all's I can say is...

"Sharknado!" It's funny because it's true.... (half the world lives within 120 miles of an ocean... that's not far enough! Glub! Better start learning to breathe underwater!)

Soguru

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2014, 06:42:34 PM »
The one thing I remember about Into the storm was that Semi-Truck flying through the air then just before crashing into a pipe with two people in it, it was honking its horn. THAT was funny, and every time they showed that scene in the trailer I couldn't help but laugh. Shit like that just undermined the movie as a whole.

Offline RandyMistie

• Hello!
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2014, 06:51:13 PM »
Oh, yes, Sharknado was ridiculous and a great live Rifftrax... but, I'm jus' saying we might see it in the very near future, LOL!