login

Author Topic: Trying to find unriffed MST movies on DVD. Know any sellers?  (Read 1228 times)

Offline anthony62490

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
Trying to find unriffed MST movies on DVD. Know any sellers?
« on: November 28, 2011, 12:14:09 AM »
Not sure if it's right of me to ask this here, but I can't think of a better group of people to run this by.

As hard as this may be to believe, there are a few episodes of MST3K where I actually enjoyed the movie more than the riffing.
    For instance, a few months ago, I was surprised to find a mint-condition copy of "Warrior of the Lost World" on DVD. "Lost World" is one of my personal favorite episodes; partly because of the riffing, but mostly because the movie itself is a lot of fun.
    Secondly, I own an unriffed copy of "Manos: The Hands of Fate" on DVD. Again, in spite of all its flaws, Manos is a genuinely entertaining movie.

However, there is one other movie that I have been unable to locate on DVD. In order to complete my unholy trinity of bad movies, I also require a copy of "Overdrawn at the Memory Bank". I know I can buy it on VHS and I have seen it on ThePirateBay, but I would prefer to buy a physical DVD. I didn't think it would be that hard to come by, but I can't find it.
I understand if there is no official DVD release, since Overdrawn is not nearly as infamous as Manos.

So my question to you is, "Where would YOU look for an uncommon  B-Movie, bootleg or otherwise?"

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 745
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Trying to find unriffed MST movies on DVD. Know any sellers?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 08:07:50 AM »
Well since Overdrawn has never been released on DVD you are only gonna find DVD-Rs made from the original VHS. You may as well download the one at the priate bay and burn your own. 
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5585
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 09:30:56 AM »
A comic book convention or horror movie convention would be your best bet.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 07:31:01 PM »
You can find a lot of them unriffed on Youtube, but that's not on DVD. If you're desperate I suppose.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline bunny790

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 05:23:08 PM »
I like to use this website. They're very good though a bit barebones. The DVDs just come in a plain envelope but for $6 dollars and some great quality episodes I am not complaining! >>>cheesyflix.com/store/catalog/mystery-science-theater-3000-c-21.html

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 10:25:57 PM »
Some of the old Rhino releases of MST3k had the unriffed version of the movie as a special feature.  You could try to find some of those.  You know, I seem to recall seeing a DVD of the unriffed version of Future War at the video store in the mall before it closed.  So this was years back.  Maybe more than 10 years.  It was surprising, to say the least. 
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104