Author Topic: List of Crap 54: Top 63 Second Bananas Countdown  (Read 39112 times)

Watchman

Re: List of Crap 54: Top 63 Second Bananas Countdown
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »
Yeah, Henchman 21.24 and especially Vader.  Vader kind of bugged me, especially since he was so high, but it's nice that no one else seems to care, so that's fine.

I think by now Lucas has made most people numb to whatever Star Wars & Darth Vader were supposed to represent. He's reduced him to a guy that yells "NOOO!"

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2011, 05:06:31 AM »
For chrissakes, enough already with the spam filter holding up the list! This is bullshit!!!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6299
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2011, 05:47:39 AM »
For chrissakes, enough already with the spam filter holding up the list! This is bullshit!!!
I did not spam her. I did not. Oh, hi Barnes.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2011, 06:09:04 AM »
I did not spam her. I did not. Oh, hi Barnes.

This list has breast cancer.  Don't worry about it!

How's your sex life?
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3749
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2011, 09:21:26 AM »
If you reply to Johnny Unusual's post right under where it should be,. you can read the number 10.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3749
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2011, 09:28:56 AM »
Well that doesn't seem like it should work, but it totally did. I guess if you quote spam, it's not spam. Interesting. :^)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6299
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2011, 09:30:05 AM »
I imagine that Torgo's theme is the elevator music to get to Second Banana Heaven.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2011, 09:30:30 AM »
Well that doesn't seem like it should work, but it totally did. I guess if you quote spam, it's not spam. Interesting. :^)

No, it didn't work that post was flagged as spam as well.

The erroneously flagged posts have merely be released from quarantine.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2011, 03:36:27 PM »
9 – Kif Kroker

77 points             
5 of 15 lists   
Top Vote: #7 Anais.Whatever, DB Barnes

Sycophancy Level: 2/10
Kif Kroker is a character from the animated television series Futurama. He is the long suffering assistant to Captain Zapp Brannigan and Fourth Lieutenant on the Democratic Order of Planets (D.O.O.P.) starship Nimbus. His frustration with Brannigan's arrogance and general incompetence in Season 1 leads him to be a disaffected, indifferent, sardonic lackey, although his personality differs greatly in later seasons. Zapp thinks Kif to be his best friend and loyal confidant, whereas Kif sees him as an incompetent jerk.

In Season 3, Kif begins dating Planet Express employee Amy Wong, whom he met aboard the starship Titanic in "A Flight to Remember". While dating Amy, Kif's character is fleshed out a great deal; it is revealed that he is actually an extremely sensitive, shy and timid creature. It took him months to work up the courage to ask Amy out for a date, and even then it was only through Zapp that a date was finally arranged. His non-confrontational personality makes it difficult to stand up to Zapp, and so he complains about him to Leela (much to her annoyance) and anyone else who will listen. When actually in command of a subordinate, however, he will become quite a martinet, once telling Philip J. Fry "Mix those mixed nuts! I see two almonds touching!"

He is also revealed to be a very romantic man, if somewhat lacking in self-confidence, and it is shown that he and Amy truly do love each other. Amy's parents treat him with disdain and often refer to him as "squishy alien". Ironically, it was Amy's parents who introduced them and, in contrast, they actually showed approval of Kif, possibly because he was currently a captain at the time. While many times Kif does not seem masculine, in "Three Hundred Big Boys" Kif fights off 2 Spidarian soldiers until Zapp runs over him in a jeep-like craft, showing that he has some proficiency in armed combat. Nevertheless, it seems that Kif is unsuccessful in gaining the approval of Amy Wong's parents, as they want their daughter to marry their ranch hand, a buff, macho cowboy, along with every other male they happen to come across, even a "strong man like Zapp Brannigan". However, when Kif gets pregnant in "Kif Gets Knocked Up a Notch", they do not seem bothered by the peculiarity of Amy and Kif becoming parents, because they are more concerned about getting grandchildren. Kif is quite intelligent and sees the idiocy of Zapp's plans where few other people can.

The males of Kif's species can carry and bear young, as Kif did in "Kif Gets Knocked Up a Notch". Kif explains that his species can exchange genetic information even through simple touch. This occurs during a "receptive state", which happens when a member of his species is deeply in love. It is unclear whether this is their only form of reproduction, or just an ancillary method. In "Amazon Women in the Mood", he ran away from one of the women he was assigned to sleep with (as a means of execution), and in "Where the Buggalo Roam", he misunderstood what the term "making love" was.

Professor Farnsworth's inter-species DNA maternity testing machine ("even I laughed at me when I built [it]" he explains) reveals the "mother" of Kif's young to be Leela, though Kif explains that the true parent is the one who inspired the original feelings of love, regardless of the DNA donor. The word used for this "true parent" is smizmar, a pun on the well-known Vulcan phrase "diftor heh smusma" ("live long and prosper"). At the baby shower held for Kif, Amy leaves him suddenly, finding herself unable to make the sacrifice of her lifestyle for parenthood, only to change her mind in the end and return to him in time for the ancient birthing rite on Kif's homeworld, Amphibios 9. He gives birth to a spoor of tadpoles and explains to Amy that the babies will return in twenty years, and Amy decides that by that time she will be ready for parenting. At the end of the episode, a one eyed tadpole swims around, the result of Leela's DNA.

In the course of the second Futurama DVD movie, Beast with a Billion Backs, he essentially marries Amy after asking her to be his "Fonfon Ru", with Zapp Brannigan as the best man. Due to Zapp's impatience, Kif is crushed by a Universe-to-Universe Missile (UUM) in a space battle shortly after. He is later resurrected and learns that Zapp persuaded Amy into sleeping with him in her grief. As a result, Kif finally has the nerve to punch Zapp in the gut, though it put a temporary strain on his relationship with Amy, as Kif cites that "Fonfon Ru" literally translates to "One who doesn't sleep with my superior officer." At the end of Into the Wild Green Yonder, he defies and abandons Zapp entirely and gets back together with Amy, joining the Planet Express crew as they travel through a wormhole to parts unknown.

Torgo the White’s Annual Progress Report

OK OK, I admit, it was my fault he was accidentally sent to the petting zoo.  Now we just have to find out who the mother or father is.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pGIyZccFcDQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pGIyZccFcDQ</a>

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2011, 03:48:55 PM »
8 – Arthur

83 points             
6 of 15 lists   
Top Vote: #1 Pak Man

Sycophancy Level: 4/10   
Arthur is a fictional character, a vigilante in the Tick comic book series, animated series, and live action series. He serves as The Tick's sidekick.

Arthur wears a moth suit, which gives him the ability to fly, but he is often mistaken for a bunny because of the shape and size of his antennae, and the fact that his wings are folded up. He is an extremely kind, sensible and intelligent person, but his social skills are somewhat lacking as he is shy and has little self confidence. He often shows mild discomfort or annoyance with the dangers and frustrations of being a superhero's sidekick. Various family members and friends continuously beg him to give up his superhero lifestyle. Arthur is Jewish, but he does celebrate non-Jewish holidays, such as Christmas. Arthur’s apartment serves as his and The Tick’s superhero headquarters.

Arthur first appeared as a character in The Tick #4, but he can be seen as a mysterious flying figure in the background of earlier issues of that series. Trained as an accountant, Arthur purchases his moth-suit at an auction and decides to pursue the life of a superhero. He is currently on indefinite "psychiatric leave" from his accounting firm. After rescuing the Thorn of Oblivion, a powerful ninja artifact, and helping The Tick and Oedipus defeat an army of ninjas, Arthur decided to become The Tick’s sidekick.

Arthur has a romantic relationship with Chet Atkins, a waitress at a local fast food restaurant, whom Arthur rescues after the restaurant was destroyed.

Arthur has two sisters, Dot and Alice. Alice is married to an ex-coworker of Arthur’s named Errol, who, after winning a fortune in Las Vegas has decided to become a supervillain, the Slot Jockey of Doom. Alice and Errol have two children. In the animated series, Dot begins dating paleontologist "Dinosaur" Neil, an associate of Arthur and the Tick's and occasional unwilling super-villain (accidental ingestion of a sample of cloned dinosaur tissue causes him to transform into a giant, mindless reptilian), and eventually marries him.

In second banana heaven, everyone gets what your costume is supposed to be.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7Na09jmWsF4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7Na09jmWsF4</a>

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2011, 06:02:17 PM »
7 – Waylon Smithers

84 points             
7 of 15 lists   
Top Vote: #5 Imrahil

Sycophancy Level: 9/10   
Waylon Smithers, Jr., usually referred to as Smithers, is a recurring fictional character in the animated series The Simpsons, who is voiced by Harry Shearer. Smithers first appeared in the episode "Homer's Odyssey", although he could be heard in the series premiere "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire". He is the consummate executive and personal assistant of Springfield Nuclear Power Plant's owner Montgomery Burns.

Waylon Smithers was partly based on how numerous Fox executives and staff members acted towards Barry Diller. The idea for Smithers' orientation came from Sam Simon, who proposed that Smithers should be gay, but the writers should never draw too much attention to it and should try to keep it in the back of their heads. The name Waylon was first used in "I Married Marge" and comes from the puppeteer Wayland Flowers. In his first visual appearance in "Homer's Odyssey", Smithers was mistakenly animated with the wrong color and was made an African American by Gyorgi Peluci, the color stylist.

Smithers' relationship with Mr. Burns has long been a running gag on The Simpsons. Smithers is an obedient and sycophant assistant to Mr. Burns. In many ways, Smithers represents the stereotype of the closeted gay man, and numerous overt allusions and double entendres concerning his homosexuality are made, though some of the show's producers instead refer to him as a "Burns-sexual".

Sadly, there’s only one place for him to go to find his true love, and he simply hasn’t stepped on enough puppy necks to get there.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QW6DTVK4aCk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QW6DTVK4aCk</a>

anais.jude

« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »
I think I forgot Smithers. I hang my head in shame

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2011, 06:15:02 PM »
6 – Milhouse Van Houten

85 points             
4 of 15 lists   
Top Vote: #3 Gunflyer, Johnny Unusual

Sycophancy Level: 7/10   
Milhouse Mussolini Van Houten is a fictional character featured in the animated television series The Simpsons, voiced by Pamela Hayden. He is Bart Simpson's best friend in Mrs. Krabappel's fourth grade class at Springfield Elementary School.

Milhouse is not popular, but his intelligence is of a more studious nature than Bart's. He is also very gullible, thus he is constantly led into trouble by Bart, who is not shy about taking advantage of his naïve and trusting nature. Milhouse is one of the few residents in Springfield with visible eyebrows. He has a little Lhasa Apso dog, as revealed in the episode "Lisa's Date with Density".

Milhouse is constantly being bullied in some form or another by Nelson, Jimbo Jones, Dolph and Kearney, to the point of where Bart questions Milhouse by saying "Milhouse! I thought you had a three o'clock wedgie with Nelson," to which Milhouse casually responds "I had to reschedule." They often inflict extreme acts of physical violence upon Milhouse. They do this because they believe he is a nerd or a geek of some sort. He wears eyeglasses and cannot see without them, and when his glasses are off, his eyes appear to be small dots. In "Sideshow Bob Roberts", the schoolyard bullies wrapped Milhouse in bumper stickers and placed him in a shopping cart. After Jimbo claimed that "themummy's ready for his mystical journey!", the bullies pushed the cart with Milhouse down a very steep hill. He is harmed frequently, and on some occasions he is injured by dangerous hazards, including being run over by a train, falling down a waterfall, being electrically shocked, having his head polished to bone, etc. In the episode "Homer Loves Flanders", Mr Burns has Milhouse crippled in order to inspire the local football team. He frequently visited a female psychiatrist called Dr. Waxler until she got fed up by his frequent callings and blocked his number so he could not bother her again. In fact, in "Bye Bye Nerdie", it is implied that Milhouse endured bullying so severe on his first day at Springfield Elementary, that he has to take pills to repress the memories.

On one occasion, Bart got Milhouse placed on the FBI's Most Wanted list, even though they are friends, and he once tried to lure Milhouse into a cactus. This kind of torture is portrayed in many episodes, where Bart tries either to get Milhouse in trouble or to hurt him for no reason, making Milhouse's and Bart's relationship even more questionable.

Though, Milhouse is not always Bart's toy; in "Bart Sells His Soul", Milhouse plays with Bart's anxiety while his pal is fretting to recover his soul... On one occasion, Bart introduces Milhouse to his girlfriend and attempts to explain why they are friends. He cannot come up with a real answer and admits that it is due to geographical reasons. However, Bart admits in "Little Orphan Millie" that he really loves Milhouse. Homer also seems to like joining in on his son's torment of Milhouse (constantly referring to him as "that little wiener Milhouse"). Sometimes Homer even seems to despise Milhouse and Bart's friendship. In the episode "Burns, Baby Burns" Larry, Mr. Burns' son, brings Homer to eat at his house. Mr. Burns then asks Homer if his son "brings home nitwits and make you talk to them" to which Homer answers "Oh, all the time! Have you ever heard of this kid Milhouse? He's a little wiener..." before being interrupted by Burns. In an attempt to purposefully enrage Homer, at one point Bart stated that he once felt "a little attracted to Milhouse", sending Homer into a mindless rage. Hilarity ensues. It would appear that Bart and Milhouse are the same height but in the episode "Radioactive Man" it is revealed that he is an inch taller than Bart.

The writers frequently make Milhouse the butt of a variety of jokes, ranging from being beat up by Nelson for delivering a love note from Lisa (that Nelson thought was from Milhouse himself), to having the door slammed in his face while playing Pin the Tail on the Donkey, to having his possible budding homosexuality given away by his school counselor, to making him a wanted fugitive (see above), to inadvertently inheriting Bart's dismal permanent record at school through a side deal arranged between Bart and Edna Krabappel and Principal Skinner, which will disqualify Milhouse from "all but the hottest and noisiest jobs". In the episode “The Cartridge Family”, Milhouse implies that he is an excellent cook.

Milhouse is fluent in Italian due to visiting his English language-hating grandmother Sofia in Tuscany for two weeks every year. Because of his grandmother's beatings, Milhouse learned Italian and started to wet his bed.

Milhouse is allergic to honey, wheat, dairy, non-dairy and even his own tears. In the episode, "Little Orphan Millie", it is revealed that Milhouse is part Dutch and Danish, in the episode "The Last of the Red Hat Mamas" that he is part Italian. In another episode, it is revealed that Milhouse is part Greek when he mentions receiving a gift from his Greek grandmother forGreek Orthodox Easter. In the episode "Brawl in the Family", Milhouse told Bart he deserved a social worker because he had a stigmata which he suffered in his palms.

Milhouse harbors a hopeless crush on Bart's younger sister, Lisa, and he is usually clumsy around females. Although he and Lisa do not have a full relationship together, they are very close friends, as shown in "Lisa's Date with Density" when she admits she liked Nelson. In the end of that episode, after she has stopped liking Nelson, Milhouse asks Lisa who will be her next crush; Lisa answers that it could be anybody and Milhouse rejoices.

Milhouse's feelings for Lisa have been used in episodes set outside of the show's main storyline. For example, the episode "Lisa's Wedding" shows what the future might hold for Springfield in fifteen years' time. Milhouse is Homer's boss at the nuclear plant, and after learning of Lisa's impending marriage, Milhouse recalls an earlier date with Lisa where she says she may never marry, then angrily prepares Homer's annual review. Later in the episode, Lisa wonders if it is acceptable to wear a white wedding dress, suggesting that she had already lost her virginity to Milhouse; Marge, however, says "Milhouse doesn't count."

Though Lisa has always been pretty annoyed by the mere idea of going out with Milhouse, as seen in episodes like "Lisa's Date With Density" and "Future-Drama", when Milhouse starts tutoring Lisa in Italian and takes her to Little Italy, Lisa starts to develop a secret crush on him, until she caught Milhouse with another girl called Angelica in the episode "The Last of the Red Hat Mamas".

Milhouse's first girlfriend was Samantha Stanky, a new student who had moved to Springfield from Phoenix, Arizona in the episode "Bart's Friend Falls in Love". After her father caught her and Milhouse kissing, he sent her to a French Canadian Catholic girls' school. While Milhouse's official first kiss was with Samantha Stanky in the aforementioned episode, it was contradicted in the episode "The Way We Weren't", where Milhouse accidentally kisses Homer Simpson during a game of spin the bottle that Homer interrupted. In the episode "Homer Scissorhands", Milhouse dated a 5th grader named Taffy. The relationship ended when Milhouse and Taffy caught Lisa spying on them in the bushes. Taffy told Lisa that Milhouse still loves her. Lisa then kissed Milhouse shortly after the kiss Milhouse got some advice from Lisa that he should not give up searching for other girls and life has unexpected things. Lisa told him that he was cute in the moonlight and the saying made Milhouse fell of a cliff and shortly, a bald eagle caught him, which left him saying "everything is coming up Milhouse".

Milhouse was designed by Matt Groening for a Butterfinger commercial, and it was decided to use the character in the series. Milhouse was named after US President Richard Nixon, whose middle name was Milhous. The name was the most "unfortunate name Matt Groening could think of for a kid". Years earlier, in a 1986 Life in Hell comic entitled "What to Name the Baby", Groening listed Milhous as a name "no longer recommended". Milhouse is a favorite among the staff as Al Jean noted "most of the writers are more like Milhouse than Bart". His last name was given to him by Howard Gewirtz, a freelance writer who wrote the episode "Homer Defined". He got the name from one of his wife's friends.

Finally, not only does Milhouse not get mocked for watching shows aimed at children 6 years younger than him, he finally gets to meet Baby Bop.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5qIGbbM4gEM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5qIGbbM4gEM</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Z2tHk1CCY2E" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Z2tHk1CCY2E</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iu38Uz7g0YM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iu38Uz7g0YM</a>

anais.jude

« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2011, 06:17:41 PM »
That's okay, I forgot Milhouse.

I did that on purpose

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2011, 06:21:44 PM »

NOBODY LIKES MILHOUSE!