Author Topic: I saw this one as a kid.  (Read 1295 times)

Offline groupthinker1984

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
I saw this one as a kid.
« on: November 20, 2011, 07:35:19 PM »
This brought back vivid memories. At six years old, it left a strong impression on me particularly the one that got smothered in jam. I think this may be when I started to really understand what death was.

Offline space_mutiny

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
  • Dream busted
Re: I saw this one as a kid.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 10:44:21 PM »
I'm pretty sure you can join in a class action suit against this short.
Oh bite me, it's fun!

Offline MerryWanna

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • The Drugly American
    • Choronzon
Re: I saw this one as a kid.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 12:54:17 PM »
This brought back vivid memories. At six years old, it left a strong impression on me particularly the one that got smothered in jam. I think this may be when I started to really understand what death was.

I totally relate.  When I was four or five, the same thing happened to me when I first saw the episode of Sesame Street that had the fourth in a series of ten counting-based shorts - which featured a narrator counting various objects, usually animals, sometimes found behind doors with little question marks on them. But all these would end with a chef carrying a plate of (number) food items, different each time, which he would announce the number and name of and then fall down the stairs...getting all messy with food, yet never breaking any bones or anything serious. 

None of the other ones bothered me. But "Four...Root Beer...Floats..." looked exactly like spilled blood, somehow - and absolutely terrified me! I never said anything about it to either of my parents, though, because I LOVED Sesame Street and somehow I knew if I let on to them that something on it scared me, they might not let me watch it any more!

It's weird that it was not until adulthood that I realised I had never noticed the really scary thing, which is that taking a spill down that many stairs COULD actually kill someone!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 01:04:43 PM by MerryWanna »
"Ever feel like you're dragging a big bag of meat around?" -  Kevin, The Curse of Bigfoot