login

Author Topic: New Short "Let's Pretend: Magic Sneakers" Available Now!!!  (Read 9237 times)

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 629
New Short "Let's Pretend: Magic Sneakers" Available Now!!!
« on: November 08, 2011, 04:16:53 PM »
http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/lets-pretend-magic-sneakers

There’s no two ways about it, Let’s Pretend: Magic Sneakers is a gleeful, brightly-colored, downright whimsical piece of insane evil. A young boy, grime-encrusted as a train hobo, has seemingly been left to fend for himself in a glum warehouse district. He plays with the garbage he can find, all the while smiling and laughing, probably because his brain is collapsing into a vegetative state from going days without food. Among the filth, he discovers the Magic Sneakers, which can dance and move all on their own! Overjoyed at finding intact footwear, the boy follows the sneakers on what’s sure to be an uplifting adventure (or at least, a trip to a place where he can get some soup)...but no, the sneakers cruelly lead him through a drainage ditch to the kind of remote wilderness location where people tend to “disappear.” Things get even more sinister when a cloaked figure (who looks more like a violent meth addict from Breaking Bad than a playful spirit) appears, his sneaker trap successful!

Is there hope for the boy? Have we maybe imposed a little more darkness on this story than is necessarily there? Join Mike, Kevin and Bill in the twisted world of Let’s Pretend: Magic Sneakers to find out!

http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/lets-pretend-magic-sneakers
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 986
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: New Short "Let's Pretend: Magic Sneakers" Available Now!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 04:51:10 PM »
Awwww..... "It's Na'vi David Spade" isn't in the non-live version.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3740
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 05:28:09 PM »
1 more to wrap up my Volume 20..

Hey Thrash! Will there be one more short released this week (Friday) by chance?? :o

shodan

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 07:05:34 PM »
this short was the weirdest damn thing i've ever seen. and i've seen eraserhead.

Offline Chimental

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 07:57:54 PM »
Every time I think they've riffed the weirdest, most non-sensical short there is they just go on and prove me wrong.

And the title suggests that this may be a series.

Up next: Let's Pretend: The Floor is Lava.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2567
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 11:12:11 PM »
Awwww..... "It's Na'vi David Spade" isn't in the non-live version.

Also the ending was different.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 695
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 04:26:25 PM »
I soon as I started watching this I thought "From the makers of 'Hold Hands, Let's Go!'?"

Then at the end... Yep.

The ACI shorts are bad, but they're also entertaining, and there's actually an attempt being made to teach kids something, even if it's just crappy arts and crafts half the time. But I find these Encyclopaedia  Britannica shorts to be practically unwatchable, even with the riffing. There's just so stupid, pointless and horrible....

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5621
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 06:21:19 PM »
Wow. It's like Ed Wood's son became a pretentious art film student.

Offline Rattrap007

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 22
  • Decepticons forever!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 03:06:19 PM »
that was the most bizarre pointless thing I've ever seen...

Offline PontifexPrimus

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 08:00:46 AM »
You know, this might actually be one of the oddest short film featuring a blackface DraculaSatanSmurf I've seen this year.

Offline groupthinker1984

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 07:47:14 PM »
LOL Pontifex.

But to everyone above, I think Join Hands Lets Go is as inscrutable and pointless but this goes out of it's way to throw things at you for no reason in a way that Join Hands can only aspire too.

Offline wench

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 10:45:00 PM »
I was looking for info on what on earth EB was thinking... when I found this little blurb at the Carnegie Library in Pittsburgh:

(Each of the films relates a discussion-provoking, open-ended story that will strike a chord of empathy in every viewer.) A boy finds a wondrous pair of magic sneakers—but an evil blue monster wants to take them away from him! Thanks to the magic properties of the sneakers, the boy is able to outwit the monster. Yet he abandons the sneakers. Why? Viewers will enjoy deducing why from the clues in the film.

Wow. Just... wow.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 10:58:34 PM »
They use the only moment some kids enjoy in school - letting our class watch a video instead of doing work! - only to find out it at the end, it was a test.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 695
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 11:49:35 AM »
I was looking for info on what on earth EB was thinking... when I found this little blurb at the Carnegie Library in Pittsburgh:

(Each of the films relates a discussion-provoking, open-ended story that will strike a chord of empathy in every viewer.) A boy finds a wondrous pair of magic sneakers—but an evil blue monster wants to take them away from him! Thanks to the magic properties of the sneakers, the boy is able to outwit the monster. Yet he abandons the sneakers. Why? Viewers will enjoy deducing why from the clues in the film.

Wow. Just... wow.

Well, it did provoke a discussion... at least on this board... among people who are well out of grade school... including myself... Umm...

And, it was still less pointless than Join Hands, Let's Go!, that other insane EB short. I'll take ACI over EB any day.

That's some nice researching BTW.

Offline LuvBJones

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 43
  • Dairy Council took my thumbs
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 08:36:10 PM »
I started watching this short and thought, "wow, that kid looks like my brother when he was twelve." Then the freaky George Harrison music started and I thought, "wow, this is exactly like when my brother started dropping acid." Then everything ELSE happened in the short, and I thought, "wow, this is exactly like when my family went to Canada on vacation and my brother dropped PCP and had a bad trip and my dad had to talk him down all night!" Yep, the Carnegie Library summary (I grew up in PIttsburgh, by the way) has it all EXACTLY RIGHT. Don't wear the sneakers, kids. Not even once.
WARNING: In case of Rapture, this dance belt will be unoccupied.