login

Author Topic: Stabbing Westward fans  (Read 916 times)

Offline TheUnabeefer

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 937
  • I am a flying cow... worship me or DIE!!!
    • The Unabeefer Beefs
Stabbing Westward fans
« on: November 08, 2011, 11:38:38 AM »
If you are/were a fan of the rock band Stabbing Westward (who unfortunately broke up at the start of their 5th album), you must must MUST get the newest album by The Dreaming. (Led by SW front-man Chris Hall and ex-SW drummer Johnny Haro)

I was rather disappointed by their first album "Etched In Blood" which was way too emo glam-rock, and not enough industrial metal that was Stabbing Westwards's core sound... despite all the lead-up EP's The Dreaming released with much much better mixes of their songs.

But the NEW album "Puppet" is far closer to Stabbing Westward than even the last SW album was.  It brings things back to the sound of their second and third albums ("Wither Blister Burn & Peel" and "Darkest Days")

So, if you're a fan and miss that incredible band, as many of us do, get Puppet any way you can!!!  I don't think you'll be disappointed. (no refunds from me, sorry)

It's about 8 bucks download off Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/Puppet/dp/B00604U7P8/
...and there he was, reigning supreme at number two.  The One... The Only... The Unabeefer.

Offline torgosPizza

• Administrator
  • Liked: 247
  • Heaven is nowhere, just look to the stars.
    • RiffTrax
Re: Stabbing Westward fans
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 11:53:48 AM »
Wow, that's unexpected news. I was a big fan of them back in my high school days. "Ungod" was my screen name for awhile, too. I'll check it out :)