login

Author Topic: Old Callback to Director's Cut  (Read 1575 times)

Offline qlopp

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 3
Old Callback to Director's Cut
« on: November 07, 2011, 04:14:21 PM »
I'm just about ready to checking out the Alien rifftrax, and I don't know if this is due to the 3 year gap between forum posts or if the answer was never exactly spelled out.

Regarding Netflix' current offerings, they only list the Collector's Edition, i.e. disc 1 of the Quadriliogy.  In fact, they only offer the 4 movies as disc 1, 3, 5, and 7 of the Quadrilogy, so you can't rent the Director's Cut of any of them.

Did Netfix offer the Director's cut (pulled from another set) or perhaps offer disc 2 back in 2008?  Someone from Rifftrax said they used Netflix for the source.  It just seems odd that it isn't available now.

I'm more curious than anything and will eventually have to buy the single Director's Cut version, it's just that I don't like keeping a bunch of movies lying around.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 699
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Old Callback to Director's Cut
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 05:15:21 PM »
The Quadrillogy disc 1 has BOTH on the same disc. The second discs for each film in the Quad are the special features.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline qlopp

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 05:28:20 PM »
I hopefully figured out the confusion by finding a site called www.dvdcompare.net  They outline each DVD's contents for all destinations and regions.  I couldn't find that info clearly stated elsewhere, and it seemed as though the collector and director versions were the reason for discs 1 and 2 (or 3/4, etc).  I think they use a "map" to play the correct scenes in the correct order depending on how you select the menu option for movie version.  The second disc is all extras.  I had figured they put one movie version on each disc, based on the limited and misleading info from my initial search.

Offline qlopp

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 05:29:19 PM »
The Quadrillogy disc 1 has BOTH on the same disc. The second discs for each film in the Quad are the special features.

Thanks Mr Torso.  You posted while I was typing my update.  It's good to get confirmation, though!