login

Author Topic: Top 50 Deaths! (Entire thread has been marked NSFW)  (Read 50455 times)

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
Re: Top 50 Deaths! (Entire thread has been marked NSFW)
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2011, 09:35:44 PM »
At long last, one creeps up that is technically a spoiler to me, but it's my own damn fault anyway for taking this long to see Serenity (I'll get to it any day now, I promise).

Such is the nature of the thread.

Watchman

« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2011, 11:13:47 PM »
I'm just yanking Sutter's chain.

You've unchained me! I'm free!

shodan

« Reply #152 on: October 27, 2011, 12:04:22 AM »
I'm just yanking Sutter's chain.

You've unchained me! I'm free!
you've unleashed the krak- umm the sutter!

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5035
« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2011, 02:53:56 AM »
28 Wash – Serenity (2005) – 44 points
WHEDON JUST DECIDED TO KILL A BUNCH OF CHARACTERS FOR NO DAMN REASON. I HATE YOU, WHEDON! DO YOU HEAR ME!

First, let me be clear: I AM NOT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM endorsing what he did.  But it was not "for no damn reason".  Whedon had to show that the Alliance, and the Reavers, were EQUALLY bad in their willingness and determination to indiscriminately kill our family...   ...er, the characters on the show and in the movie.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline TeamRAD

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 103
  • RAAAADDDDD!
« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2011, 06:10:58 AM »

I'm positive nothing from the spectacular Punisher: War Zone will be present on the list, and that makes parkour-guy sad:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YF28ceFJJ3A?version=3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YF28ceFJJ3A?version=3</a>

Death doesn't come across anymore awesome than in this movie. The almighty Commando cannot even keep pace w/ it.

Goddamnit ,Castle!! 

...and #50 is way too low on the list. 

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Einstein

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2011, 06:32:45 AM »
Wooo, two of mine show up! Frank Sobotka's death was just brutal for me. I should have seen from the beginning that he was doomed but I didn't, and in that penultimate episode of the second season, where Frank is walking off to meet both the Greeks and his death at their hands, I just wanted to die. I cried over that one. They ended that episode with him walking off, but the next episode, the last of the season, the cops are fishing him out of the bay.

Ofelia from Pan's Labyrinth was on my list, too. Useless metaphors and symbolism aside, Pan's Labyrinth is a really good movie with a good story, and I agree with Anais that if you haven't watched it by now you really should. It's an amazing piece of work.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline a pretty girl is like

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 450
  • I hast had enow of thine effrontery!
« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2011, 01:04:01 PM »

I'm positive nothing from the spectacular Punisher: War Zone will be present on the list, and that makes parkour-guy sad:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YF28ceFJJ3A?version=3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YF28ceFJJ3A?version=3</a>

Death doesn't come across anymore awesome than in this movie. The almighty Commando cannot even keep pace w/ it.

Goddamnit ,Castle!! 

...and #50 is way too low on the list. 

I was just watching this last night and it's even more awesomer than I remember.  Also halfway through the movie it hit me that the one guy is the guy from Dead Spaace! 
I'm all out for kicks...and every inch of me spells EXCITEMENT!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2011, 01:07:52 PM »
30 Major Kong – Dr. Strangelove (Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb) (1964) – 43 points
(3 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #4 D.B. Barnes)
Wow/Kickass Factor: Super High….in an ironic twist, just as the most important (and idiotic) men in the world decide NOT to drop the bomb, Major Kong rides it to his, and the world’s, death in one of the most delightful scenes in all of cinema.

Indeed, and one among several in this brilliant piece of film-making. It's such a fitting climax to everything that has led up to it. This is right up there with my favorite movies of all-time. I've seen it countless times and I thoroughly enjoy it each and every time. A true classic.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

anais.jude

« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2011, 08:33:52 PM »
27 Chad Feldheimer – Burn After Reading (2008) – 44 points
(2 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #2 Space)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/92rBRuaBEaY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/92rBRuaBEaY?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Director: Los Hermanos Cohen
Starring: Brad Pitt and George Clooney
Gore Factor: Minimal
Sad Factor: High….for Angelina Jolie
Wow/Kickass Factor: High. This death was very shocking and out of the blue. Check Pitt’s smile right before the end and that will explain it all

Synopsis:

Ya know what is a really BAD idea? To shoot someone point blank in the face because they startle you. In you’re defense, why were they hiding in the closet? Ya know what. Don’t hide in closets and don’t shoot people point blank in the face. Yes, two very good lessons from a movie with a lot of good lessons.

anais.jude

« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2011, 08:34:32 PM »
26 Paul Allen – American Psycho (2000) – 45 points
(3 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #3 Anais.whatever)

http://youtu.be/YPMLFU5pI9Y

(Fucking embedding disabled by request…losers)

Director: Mary Harron
Starring: Christian Bale and a bunch of people who do not distract Christian Bale
Gore Factor: Mid
Sad Factor: Minimal
Wow/Kickass Factor: High. Hells to the yeah. Not only did someone FINALLY kill that Jordan Cantalano idiot from My So-Called Life, but he did it with…such style, such flare, such a soundtrack! Oh, and you cannot forget a line as good as “Try getting a reservation at Dorsei now you fucking stupid bastard!”

Synopsis:

Hey, do you guys remember the 80s? Of course you don’t. Either you were growing up and hugging your care bear (don’t lie) or you were doing LOTS of cocaine (and voting for Ronald Reagan). If you were able to remember the 80s, you might remember how fucking fake it was, especially for the people of Wall Street (apparently becoming the 1% involved a lot of insanity). American Pyscho is a movie about identity, shallowness, and, of course, murdering hookers with chainsaws. Man do I love this movie.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 03:30:22 PM by Anais.whatever »

anais.jude

« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2011, 08:36:21 PM »
25 That Little Kitner Boy – Jaws (1975) – 48 points
(3 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #1 A Pretty Girl is Like)

http://youtu.be/_2Ecwm7Alrc

Jeez, are all the best scenes disabled for embedding?

Director: Dawson Leary’s favorite director
Starring: Roy Schneider and Cocaine….I mean Richard Dreyfuss doing a lot of cocaine
Gore Factor: High (mostly do to the mother’s acting post death)
Sad Factor: Um….well High for the mom….but I have this weird feeling that had Alex Kitner lived he would have ended up really fucked in the head so I am less sad.
Wow/Kickass Factor: High. Come one, you can totally see the little raft flopping around in the background while nobody gives a shit. This scene changed parenting forever! Maybe Spielberg will re-release it with the shark replaced by a walkie talkie

Synopsis:

Jesus Hollywood. Is there anything in the world that doesn’t murder innocent children? I mean clowns, I can understand making a film warning kids against clowns. And yea, we should all stay away from evil cults that rip out our hearts before they sacrifice, but SHARKS? Seriously Spielberg, what did Sharks ever do to children? Man, you might as well make a movie where Dinosaurs run rampant and kill/eat everything in sight. Spielberg, you are like Tripe whenever Doc Who went on a rampage….always ruining people’s fun!

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 04:42:50 PM by Anais.whatever »

anais.jude

« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2011, 08:37:50 PM »
24 The Wicked Witch of the West – The Wizard of Oz (1939) – 48 points
(5 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #11 Monty)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aopdD9Cu-So?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aopdD9Cu-So?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Director: Victor Fleming
Starring: Judy Garland…the mother of Lucille 2
Gore Factor: High in the same respect Judge Doom and Marion Crane had high gory deaths….oh wait, I confused “gory” with “wet”
Sad Factor: That depends, did the witch just offer to let Dorothy live with her in a life of luxury?
Wow/Kickass Factor: High. Dude, this scene is engrained in all our minds. I think it comes included with all newborns like original sin

Synopsis:

What’s better than a dreary black and white existence? I know! Tripping on acid and hanging out with a tin man, scarecrow, and Dr. Zoidberg. Also, make sure you kill the metaphorical representation of that bitch that wants to get rid of your dog because she is frigid and can only get pleasure from riding a bike. Yea, that’s it….throw some acid on her face! Wait, that was just water? Really? Well, who the fuck throws water at a person? Honestly! I hope the Michael Bay remake has acid….and Hookers! Actually forget the acid….and the Michael Bay

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2011, 09:06:00 PM »
(2 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #3 Anais.whatever)

#15 on my list, and yyesss!!! We have to celebrate the scarcity of our picks on this this list! A death scenes among death scenes. It's perhaps one of the most playful death scenes in recent memory. For me, it's the joy of watching my favorite sociapth conducting his his finest work. You know it's coming, but you enjoy it all the same. There's a cetain symetry to it. good stuff."

And list-master Anais... :highfive:

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2011, 09:18:42 PM »

Starring: Christian Bale and a bunch of people who do not distract Christian Bale
Wow/Kickass Factor: High. Hells to the yeah. Not only did someone FINALLY kill that Jordan Cantalano idiot from My So-Called Life, but he did it with…such style, such flare, such a soundtrack! Oh, and you cannot forget a line as good as “Try getting a reservation at Dorsei now you fucking stupid bastard!”

Synopsis:

Hey, do you guys remember the 80s? Of course you don’t. Either you were growing up and hugging your care bear (don’t lie) or you were doing LOTS of cocaine (and voting for Ronald Reagan). If you were able to remember the 80s, you might remember how fucking fake it was, especially for the people of Wall Street (apparently becoming the 1% involved a lot of insanity). American Pyscho is a movie about identity, shallowness, and, of course, murdering hookers with chainsaws. Man do I love this movie.

#15 on my list, and yesss!!! We have to celebrate the scarcity of our picks on this this list! A death scene among death scenes. It's perhaps one of the most playful death scenes in recent memory. For me, it's the joy of watching my favorite sociopath conducting his his finest work. You know it's coming, but you enjoy it all the same. There's a certain symmetry to it. Good stuff.

And list-master Anais!!! Bring it people!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 04:44:11 AM by D.B. Barnes »

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2011, 09:33:19 PM »

Synopsis:

#15 on my list, and yyesss!!! We have to celebrate the scarcity of our picks on this this list! A death scenes among death scenes. It's perhaps one of the most playful death scenes in recent memory. For me, it's the joy of watching my favorite sociopath conducting his his finest work. You know it's coming, but you enjoy it all the same. There's a certain symmetry to it. good stuff."

And list-master Anais!!! Bring it people!!!

Never saw the movie, but I'm actually more familiar with the speech than the death the speech playfully leads up to.

25 Alex Kitner – Jaws (1975) – 48 points
(3 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #1 A Pretty Girl is Like)

http://youtu.be/_2Ecwm7Alrc

Jeez, are all the best scenes disabled for embedding?

I had a Jaws pick, but it wasn't this.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:37:20 PM by Johnny Unusual »