login

Author Topic: Top 50 Deaths! (Entire thread has been marked NSFW)  (Read 50117 times)

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1024
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
Re: Top 50 Deaths! (Entire thread has been marked NSFW)
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2011, 07:46:41 PM »
And I am kicking myself for not including 24 on my list.  I probably would have had him in my top 5 if I had remembered it. 

I know, really. Venture Brothers is one of my all time favorite shows, yet that never occurred to me at all. Not only that, I used to have a Nissan Stanza. It was even that color. (It was a hatchback though, not a sedan). Alternator went bad three times.

anais.jude

« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2011, 08:28:01 PM »
32 Dr Kanaga (Mr Big) – Live and Let Die (1973) – 42 points
(4 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #8 Space)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfjiGKy-lJI?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/nfjiGKy-lJI?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Director: Guy Hamilton
Starring: Roger Moore, Yaphet Kotto, and some bimbos
Gore Factor: Minimal
Sad Factor: Sad…it’s Bond. No one is sad when he kills people. And no one is sad about that STUPID WHORE VESPER! GET OVER HER ALREADY
Wow/Kickass Factor: High – Um…it’s Bond

Synopsis:

Live and Let Die: James Bond….with gators….and Paul McCartney….and Hookers! Wait, all James Bond movies have hookers. Anyway, Live and Let Die…widely believed to be the best Roger Moore Bond film, and with death’s like this, who can argue. Sure, larks with fricking laser beams attached to their foreheads would have made the film just a little bit better, but ya take what you can get.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #137 on: October 25, 2011, 08:43:10 PM »
I'm still trying to figure this death out.  So Bond shoves an explosive in his mouth, he blows up, flies to the ceiling and blows up again?  Is this what I'm seeing.

Also my sister, who was a gymnast, did a floor routine with Live and Let Die (specifically the rockin' part that comes after the chorus).  I also remember this one for having the only overtly super-natural bond villain.

shodan

« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2011, 08:54:23 PM »
I'm still trying to figure this death out.  So Bond shoves an explosive in his mouth, he blows up, flies to the ceiling and blows up again?  Is this what I'm seeing.

Also my sister, who was a gymnast, did a floor routine with Live and Let Die (specifically the rockin' part that comes after the chorus).  I also remember this one for having the only overtly super-natural bond villain.
Bond escapes and forces a shark gun pellet in Kananga's mouth, causing him to literally blow up like a balloon, float to the top of the cave, and explode, killing him

spaceforarent

« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2011, 09:36:19 PM »
Ok, so apparently more of my choices made it than I thought.

Watchman

« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2011, 04:58:55 PM »
Ok, so I am still soooooooooooooooooo disorganized (sorry guys, I didn't think my life would be this much of a mess right now) so I can post two entries from work and then I will figure out how many posts per day with the last one being Oct 31st. If you want the last one earlier, I can update as needed. Please let me know

#1 on Halloween, that works!

Could you do me a kindness and tell me: did any of my picks make the list? A single one?! I'd rather just be let down now, in one sitting, than on a daily basis.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #141 on: October 26, 2011, 07:19:37 PM »
Ok, so I am still soooooooooooooooooo disorganized (sorry guys, I didn't think my life would be this much of a mess right now) so I can post two entries from work and then I will figure out how many posts per day with the last one being Oct 31st. If you want the last one earlier, I can update as needed. Please let me know

#1 on Halloween, that works!

Could you do me a kindness and tell me: did any of my picks make the list? A single one?! I'd rather just be let down now, in one sitting, than on a daily basis.

If you pulling your face off the screen and revealing the literary abyss beneath counted as a death, I'd have put that on a list. But it didn't. Too bad.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1005
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #142 on: October 26, 2011, 07:40:58 PM »

Your views are out of synch with the rest of the forum's! Ha-ha!

anais.jude

« Reply #143 on: October 26, 2011, 07:46:13 PM »
Both kete and compound had people that made the list. Dudes, the best is yet to come

shodan

« Reply #144 on: October 26, 2011, 08:08:48 PM »
Both kete and compound had people that made the list. Dudes, the best is yet to come
the Dude Abides.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1005
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #145 on: October 26, 2011, 08:57:29 PM »

Um, yeah. A couple of mine have already shown up. My list was 100% pure awesome, regardless of anyone else's inferior opinion. I'm just yanking Sutter's chain.

anais.jude

« Reply #146 on: October 26, 2011, 09:26:06 PM »
31 Frank – The Wire (2002) – 43 points
(2 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #2 Wurwolf)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZAathqcWAYk?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZAathqcWAYk?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Director: Many Dudes and Dudettes
Starring: Dominic West, John Doman, and dead people
Gore Factor: Minimal (as far as I could tell the death occurred offscreen)
Sad Factor: I would say Mid to High. This character is what I would consider a working class hero. He know what is right and he knows what is wrong, but when his loved ones are in danger he will do whatever he needs to help them…..and then gets killed as a result.
Wow/Kickass Factor: High and Shocking.

Synopsis:
Poor poor Frank. All he wants is to throw the bad guys in jail and come home to his happy, non drug using family. The writer’s fro season 2 of this award winning drama felt differently though and this season’s climax involved the death of Frank at the hands of the bad guys.

anais.jude

« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2011, 09:27:29 PM »
30 Major Kong – Dr. Strangelove (Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb) (1964) – 43 points
(3 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #4 D.B. Barnes)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JlSQAZEp3PA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JlSQAZEp3PA?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Director: Stanley Kubrick
Starring: Peter Sellers, George C Scott, Peter Sellers, and Peter Sellers
Gore Factor: High….the entire world’s death is the ultimate in gore
Sad Factor: Ironically sad (the aforementioned death of the entire world)
Wow/Kickass Factor: Super High….in an ironic twist, just as the most important (and idiotic) men in the world decide NOT to drop the bomb, Major Kong rides it to his, and the world’s, death in one of the most delightful scenes in all of cinema

Synopsis:

America hates Russia. Russia hates America. And Dr. Strangelove hates….probably dogs and kittens….but we will never know. Down below the earth the most powerful people in the world (read all the people in the world that don’t deserve power and have it) are deciding what to do if Russia drops the bomb. This is all a moot point because Russia is merely playing Russian Roulette with us. That doesn’t matter when one lone nut is ready to go to any lengths to get those damn Ruskys. Paranoia is a bitch.

anais.jude

« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2011, 09:28:17 PM »
29 Ofelia – Pan’s Labrynth (2006) – 43 points
(2 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #1 CJ Jones)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/OxnkdiCu_bs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/OxnkdiCu_bs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Director: Guillermo del Toro
Starring: Ivana Baquero and other Mexican people
Sad Factor: Um…super fucking high. She’s the protagonist of the film for god’s sake
Wow/Kickass Factor: High. Ofelia’s death at the hands of her stepfather/jackass revolutionary followed by his death later is a brilliant metaphor and re-telling of war time Spain. Having been to Mexico, the characterization of Vidal reminds me a lot of the characterization of some of the rebels in the Spanish Revelution (ya know, Pancho Villa et all) which is pretty awesome considering this is actually a Mexican film. It’s lovely to see how other countries will use their history to tell their own story in certain ways.

Synopsis:

No. No, you are not getting a synopsis (funny or otherwise). Watch the film yourself. You’ll thank me

anais.jude

« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2011, 09:29:47 PM »
28 Wash – Serenity (2005) – 44 points
(3 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #3 Traitor….I mean TripeHoundRedux

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4jOu-5ebDpc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4jOu-5ebDpc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Director: Joss “I kill all the characters you love” Whedon
Starring: Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau, and Alan Tudyk
Sad Factor: You do NOT want Anais to answer this
Wow/Kickass Factor: (meltdown in 3…2…1….) WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? THIS WAS THE WORST DEATH EVER IN THE HISTORY OF DEATHS AND YOU WANT TO CELEBRATE IT? I HATE JOSS WHEDON AND I HATE THIS SCENE…..so High

Synopsis:

Once upon a time, Joss Whedon created a character was soooooooooo awesome. He was funny, played with Dinosaur dolls, and got to bang a hot hot piece of ass. And then the show got cancelled. We were all sad about this because the show was super kick ass, but then…life! The show was given the chance to make a movie. And what a movie…what indeed WHEDON JUST DECIDED TO KILL A BUNCH OF CHARACTERS FOR NO DAMN REASON. I HATE YOU, WHEDON! DO YOU HEAR ME!