login

Author Topic: Top 50 Deaths! (Entire thread has been marked NSFW)  (Read 44960 times)

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 713
  • 5000 deaths and counting
Re: Top 50 Deaths! (Entire thread has been marked NSFW)
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2011, 05:35:15 PM »
Not only that, but his big line became an internet meme: "Clever girl." (Also another death I'm kicking myself for forgetting.)

I seriously considered this one. I'm glad it made it without my vote.

And yeah, I don't remember the fate of Muldoon in the book, but I do remember that Malcolm and Hammond both die, while Gennaro survives. Way to just reverse the fates of half the characters...

Oh, and then Malcolm is miraculously not dead in the sequel  ::)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2011, 05:40:45 PM »
OK in the book, he manages to squeeze into some pipes and they act as a shield against the attack from the raptors. Eventually he kills some and gets the hell out of Dodge. Despite changing the setting of the attack somewhat, Steve and Company were planning on having him come back all scarred up as a big shock in the sequel - "Surprise! Though I was dead didn't you?" Except the old bony one had different plans for Bob.

Oh and hell, one of my favourite variations on a meme:

« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:35:04 AM by Tripe H. Redux »

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2011, 06:17:39 PM »
Oh and hell, one iof my favourite variations on a meme:

cannot stop laughing
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Watchman

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2011, 07:07:36 PM »
Not only that, but his big line became an internet meme: "Clever girl." (Also another death I'm kicking myself for forgetting.)

When I hear "Clever girl" I think Arnold in Total Recall before he knocks out Sharon Stone.

Watchman

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2011, 07:11:46 PM »
So after a review, there were a few number 1s that should have made the list....they will still be featured in some capacity.

Sorry guys. At least I always mess up in different ways when I make the lists

OK cool.  I am guessing my number one will be one of those bonus deaths that get featured.  Doubt anyone else would vote for it, but you never know on this board.  A lot of film buffs here that might think of that one.

I highly doubt anyone else is going to vote for my #1. My #2 might have a chance, depending on how many people instantly recognize "I'd buy that for a dollar!!!"

anais.jude

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2011, 07:12:08 PM »
And may I end the day with

Secretly Most Wanted (or most splooge inducing) Death

Jar Jar Binks – The Phantom Menace et all (1999)

Voted by: Shodan

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EhgQ0CgUXmU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/EhgQ0CgUXmU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Director: The same aforementioned Hack
Starring: Hayden Christiansen (parts 2 and 3), Ewan McGregor, and Liam Neeson
Gore Factor: (will be) SUPER HIGH
Sad Factor: Minimal
Wow/Kickass Factor: If Jar Jar ever dies in a future film, it will be the single greatest thing ever to happen to the world. Peace shall reign and it will be the dawning of the age of aquarius….again.

Synopsis:

Alright people….insert your own Jar Jar Death here

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3115
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2011, 07:58:29 PM »

Alright people….insert your own Jar Jar Death here

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/EdS2kCUGvfo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/EdS2kCUGvfo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

shodan

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2011, 08:01:34 PM »
damn i didnt replay fast enough. he died as a part of the emperor proposed "Gungan solution". it passed unanimously within the senate and had popular citizen support. His death became a galactic holiday. he was given over to the Yuuzhan Vong to be tortured and killed over a 3 year period. if you know anything about them, you know how bad that is.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:04:01 PM by shodan »

anais.jude

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2011, 08:05:57 PM »
damn i didnt replay fast enough. he died as a part of the emperor proposed "Gungan solution". it passed unanimously within the senate and had popular citizen support. His death became a galactic holiday. he was given over to the Yuuzhan Vong to be tortured and killed over a 3 year period. if you know anything about them, you know how bad that is.

What day is his death, I will celebrate

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2011, 08:42:48 PM »
Obi Wan Kenobi?  Really??  That death was kind of lame.  He just stood there.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

shodan

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2011, 07:44:46 AM »
yeah but his death was really important, besides what it says in the description, as it showed his faith in the force and thereby catalyzed Luke's own belief in the force and greatly impacted him and led to him ultimately becoming a Jedi. It also embodies the final tenets of the Jedi code "There is no death, there is the Force.".... damn i gotta stop doing this.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 07:46:27 AM by shodan »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5649
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2011, 09:12:28 AM »
I'm just curious why his dissapearance happened IMMEDIATELY when the lightsaber went through him. That didn't happen for any of the other Jedi died. Even Yoda took a little bit to dissapear. And why did Vader act confused when ObiWan dissapeared? Still, a good death, though.

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2011, 10:06:02 AM »
I'm just curious why his dissapearance happened IMMEDIATELY when the lightsaber went through him. That didn't happen for any of the other Jedi died. Even Yoda took a little bit to dissapear. And why did Vader act confused when ObiWan dissapeared? Still, a good death, though.

That quick disappearance is probably what confused him. Such an unusual thing to happen, even with regards to the Force.

shodan

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2011, 10:20:50 AM »
within the star wars universe I think it has to do with the immediacy of the death. and vader acted confused because becoming one with the force upon death and surviving as a force ghost was a lost art until Qui-Gon rediscovered it, and Ben and Yoda refined it under the tutelage of qui-gon's ghost to the point that their bodies became one with the force upon death as well. it being a secret technique, Vader was never taught it nor was he even aware of it. he only became a force Ghost due to his last minute redemption and as he transitioned from life to death, yoda and ben helped him to become one with the force.

anais.jude

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2011, 11:06:46 AM »

Because the other effects they tried looked bad or didn't work.

Well yea, but what is the fun of that