login

Author Topic: Top 50 Deaths! (Entire thread has been marked NSFW)  (Read 44891 times)

anais.jude

Top 50 Deaths! (Entire thread has been marked NSFW)
« on: October 18, 2011, 12:45:40 PM »
Ready to be grossed out? Ready to be emotionally ass-raped by the greatest scenes in all of cinema and TV? Ready to be like: Huh? and WTF?

Then you are READY FOR THE TOP 50 GREATEST DEATH SCENES EVA!

Do I need to go over the rules? No
Do I need to remind everyone how I compiled the list? No

I do need to warn you guys about some of the videos though. Watch at your own risk.....

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
Re: Top 50 Deaths! (Entire thread has been marked NSFW)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 12:47:06 PM »
WOOOOO!!! BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

anais.jude

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 12:48:53 PM »
50. Arab Guy (aka Guns rule and Sword drool)- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) - 21 points
(2 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #8 Cole Stratton)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GkLXdLgOybE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GkLXdLgOybE?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Director: Senior Speilbergo
Starring: The dude from Firewall back when he was kickass! Also that one chick and that one dude
Gore Factor: Minimal
Sad Factor: Minimal
Wow/Kickass Factor: HELL YEA!

Synopsis:

Ahhh, Indiana Jones. The man that made archeology and being smart sexy. And how smart is he? Well, smart enough to realize that you never bring a knife to a gun fight when rescuing poontang and saving the world from nazzis is on the line.

One caveat to this though: By shooting the enemy and saving Marion, this might have single handedly caused Shia Le-Marlon Brando wannabe. Just a thought.

anais.jude

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 12:50:21 PM »
49. Kevin Bacon (I am sure he has a name, but like anyone other than Horrific knows it) – Friday the 13th (1980) - 22 points
(3 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #9 Shodan)/i]

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIjvKgSpLDs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eIjvKgSpLDs?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Director: Sean S (Richie) Cunningham
Starring: Kevin Bacon….and some other people
Gore Factor: Low to Mid
Sad Factor: Minimal (except the loss of that joint…although the killer probably smoked it)
Wow/Kickass Factor: High

Synopsis:

“I have had it with those mutherfucking kids at that muther fucking Camp Crystal Lake!” That is what the killer (whom I shall not name for spoiler reasons) thought one morning when he or she woke up and decided to kill the whole lot of them. This was very good for a number of reasons:
   1) College kids are stupid
   2) People like seeing something new in the movies
   3) People like to see the same thing they thought was new done to death for the next 20+ years

This was especially good for Kevin Bacon because now we can include all incarnations of the Friday the 13th franchise into 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 12:52:43 PM »
50. Arab Guy (aka Guns rule and Sword drool)- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) - 21 points
And right out of the gate, we have my first "OH GODDAMMIT" moment, where I slap my forehead in consternation over the fact that I should have put this death on my list!
Bonhead #2
fs!!

anais.jude

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 12:53:51 PM »
Seriously, I should modify my opening post to: Are you ready to get super pissed off at yourself?

anais.jude

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 12:56:48 PM »
48. Baptism Murders – The Godfather (1972) - 29 points
(2 of 14 lists. Highest ranking - #11 A Pretty Girl is Like)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SOES-dS0pG0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SOES-dS0pG0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Director: Nic Cage’s Uncle
Starring: Al Pacino, James Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, and Marlon Brando (the real one)
Gore Factor: Low to Mid
Sad Factor: Minimal (what? The baby didn’t die)
Wow/Kickass Factor: High! Instead of baptizing himself to the lord and the way of truth, Michael is metaphorically selling his soul to Satan as he becomes baptized in the ways of the mafia. Good stuff

Synopsis:

Ahhhh the Godfather. Aka the fall and rise (or rise and fall) of Michael Corleone and the beginning of Al Pacino never winning the fucking Oscar (seriously he was the Susan Lucci of the Oscars at one point). Greatly considered to be a model of cinematic integrity, one can’t help but notice that a lot of people die in these films. Although, to nerd out on this, I think using the murders as metaphors for the life of a Ganster (and later, Gansta) is really cool. Also, check out the pacing in this scene. Nic Cage’s uncle knows how to direct….maybe he can teach his nephew how to act?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 01:00:48 PM »
I wrote a friend of mine a term paper while I was visiting him at MSU over the summer comparing the character of Michael Corleone and Roy Dillion from The Grifters and how they are mirror images of each other vis-a-vis actions to personal consequences.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5642
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 01:20:32 PM »
Nice, the list has begun. Already enjoying the clever writeups, Anais.

anais.jude

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 01:27:59 PM »
Nice, the list has begun. Already enjoying the clever writeups, Anais.

Thank you :)

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 01:51:50 PM »
3 beats in and we've already taken care of two of the more famous death scenes (well, I dunno how famous the Indy scene is in the context of being a Death Scene). Interesting. Hope that means there's some really varied, odd choices coming up.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 01:59:29 PM »
I also think it's cool that the lowest scores were for scenes that were included on more than one list. There are going to be a lot of good ones here, I'm guessing.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline Relaxing Dragon

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1218
  • I raise my eyebrow at you, sir.
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 02:02:13 PM »
I also think it's cool that the lowest scores were for scenes that were included on more than one list. There are going to be a lot of good ones here, I'm guessing.

Yeah, but it also means I can kiss goodbye seeing some of my more obscure entries on here (unless there are other Blood Diner fans hiding in the woodworks).

MontyServo

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 02:21:36 PM »

Yeah, but it also means I can kiss goodbye seeing some of my more obscure entries on here (unless there are other Blood Diner fans hiding in the woodworks).

Yeah, that confused me a bit as well.  Does this mean you skipped over all the number 1 and 2 picks that would have had at least 25 or 24 points?  Seeing as you skipped from 22 points straight to 29 points.  Or was there a typo?   ???  I have no problem with it if that is how you decided to proceed, just would like some clarification.  :)

Oh and I had Kevin Bacon's gruesome demise in Friday The 13th on my list at 25.  :highfive:

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 02:25:21 PM by Monty »

anais.jude

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 02:29:15 PM »
I didn't even realize it.....I will have to double check, but I am pretty sure no one had a number 1 pick that was not voted for by someone else....at least, I think that is why I did it that way