login

Author Topic: Star Trek 2009 sucks!  (Read 24222 times)

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
Re: Star Trek 2009 sucks!
« Reply #330 on: October 14, 2011, 08:47:50 PM »
I gave up reading through this 3 pages ago, was there progress or does my theory remain true?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 08:49:47 PM by jewishcarpenter »

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #331 on: October 14, 2011, 08:49:08 PM »
Also I've been drinking lots of whiskey for the past 6 hours. I'm surprised I haven't passed out.

Russell

« Reply #332 on: October 14, 2011, 08:50:45 PM »
So how many people have to dislike the noisy rider? 2? 5?  You're assuming that because it doesn't belong to one person, that it's okay to act however you want in it.  
This is why park restrooms are what they are.
You're comparing text to noise. Text is less invasive as it requires you to actually READ IT in order
for you to be offended. In theory text is a passive aggressive form of noise, it's not like listening to
Hanson or watching a Twilight movie, it's more like reading the Twilight novels, which aren't actively
offensive because as I said... they're text! It's much easier to ignore stuff that's in text form. My point
is that it's an unfair comparison.

Please, if I am being unreasonable, let me know.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 08:54:03 PM by Gunflyer »

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #333 on: October 14, 2011, 08:53:10 PM »
I take that back, that scene in Manos... totally more entertaining at this point.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 2657
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #334 on: October 14, 2011, 08:55:23 PM »
I take that back, that scene in Manos... totally more entertaining at this point.

You didn't like my squirrel picture? 

:'(

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #335 on: October 14, 2011, 08:58:18 PM »
I'm sorry, Marty, like I said I meandered off a few pages ago. That was totally a squirrel and I can appreciate the effort put in to that.

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #336 on: October 14, 2011, 08:59:41 PM »
Don't worry, guys, I'll feel bad about everything I've said so far tomorrow. Until then keep on truckin'.

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
« Reply #337 on: October 14, 2011, 09:02:38 PM »
That's a lie, I won't feel bad.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #338 on: October 14, 2011, 09:03:52 PM »
That's a lie, I won't feel bad.

:cheers:

Stay thirsty.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #339 on: October 14, 2011, 09:06:45 PM »
So how many people have to dislike the noisy rider? 2? 5?  You're assuming that because it doesn't belong to one person, that it's okay to act however you want in it.  
This is why park restrooms are what they are.
You're comparing text to noise. Text is less invasive as it requires you to actually READ IT in order
for you to be offended. In theory text is a passive aggressive form of noise, it's not like listening to
Hanson or watching a Twilight movie, it's more like reading the Twilight novels, which aren't actively
offensive because as I said... they're text! It's much easier to ignore stuff that's in text form. My point
is that it's an unfair comparison.

Please, if I am being unreasonable, let me know.

That's why I wish this board had a lot of the options other boards do, like ignore lists and unsubscribe/don't follow.  Would make it easier to ignore inflammatory posts.

To go more with the bus analogy, sure it's possible to ignore loud or obnoxious people, you pretty much have to, but if someone starts saying stuff like "everyone that does such and such should be killed", people are going to get uncomfortable and ask the driver to do something about it.

You're correct that text is easier to ignore than words, but if the guy on the bus held up a sign saying the same stuff as above the result would be the same.

Russell

« Reply #340 on: October 14, 2011, 09:10:05 PM »
That's why I wish this board had a lot of the options other boards do, like ignore lists and unsubscribe/don't follow.  Would make it easier to ignore inflammatory posts.
To go more with the bus analogy, sure it's possible to ignore loud or obnoxious people, you pretty much have to, but if someone starts saying stuff like "everyone that does such and such should be killed", people are going to get uncomfortable and ask the driver to do something about it.
You're correct that text is easier to ignore than words, but if the guy on the bus held up a sign saying the same stuff as above the result would be the same.
Well, in any case I think I've more then made my point sickeningly and abundantly clear over the
past 20 or so pages so it's about time for me to stop. I just hope if and when he comes back he
doesn't make me look bad for defending him.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #341 on: October 14, 2011, 09:14:11 PM »
I just hope if and when he comes back he

If history is any indicator, you're putting your eggs in a very flimsy basket.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Russell

« Reply #342 on: October 14, 2011, 09:15:15 PM »
If history is any indicator, you're putting your eggs in a very flimsy basket.
We'll see.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Not Quite Legend
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #343 on: October 14, 2011, 09:23:57 PM »
Well, in any case I think I've more then made my point sickeningly and abundantly clear over the
past 20 or so pages so it's about time for me to stop. I just hope if and when he comes back he

If the previous pattern holds (many times) he will act like nothing happened until something else sets him off.

At least he seems to be able to say he has some problem, sometimes, but only immediately after he's had a blow up.   But later on acting like it never happened there's no way to get better.  The mind can play some nasty tricks, that's what makes fixing it so hard sometimes.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #344 on: October 14, 2011, 11:41:09 PM »
Stop talking about Korea. We get it. You served there. Nobody cares.  Also, stop trying to be a pretend philosopher. You're not. Nobody cares.

You don't get it and you never will.  Also I forgot exactly what you need to be a philosopher?  Some sort of license right?