login

Author Topic: Star Trek 2009 sucks!  (Read 24504 times)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
Re: Star Trek 2009 sucks!
« Reply #270 on: October 14, 2011, 03:44:11 PM »
Gunflyer, I want you to stop thinking about poor Doctor Who? and the people who provoke him without cause for a moment and read this:
I mean if this place is the only outlet Doctor Who has, what is the harm in putting up with what he has to say? True,
I saw how he has gone off the deep end several times,  but he's just a person with problems that
make him an ordinary person just like the rest of us. If you don't like what he has to say, just ignore
him, because aggravating people like that seems to just derail threads(like this one, which I admit
I take responsibility in derailing it as well) and increase forum drama just for the sake of a cheap
laugh at the expense of somebody's emotions. Please, if that sounds unreasonable at all, just
tell me.

You can choose to deal him any way you want. That's your choice. Other will people will continue to deal with him in a way that works for them. At this point, it's been explained over and over why certain of us choose to deal with him in a certain manner. If you don't like it, just ignore it. Doctor Who? also has the option to ignore it.

"...he's just a person with problems that make him an ordinary person just like the rest of us."

Really? Can you imagine what this place would be like if everyone was just like him?
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #271 on: October 14, 2011, 03:48:38 PM »
Really? Can you imagine what this place would be like if everyone was just like him?

Even still, those differences do not build a wide enough chasm between us and him for us to justify treating him (or anyone) poorly.  The way a society treats its mentally ill is a reflection of the kindness or a society at large.  It is also a representation of the worthiness of a society to exist/survive. 

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #272 on: October 14, 2011, 03:54:07 PM »

Even still, those differences do not build a wide enough chasm between us and him for us to justify treating him (or anyone) poorly.  The way a society treats its mentally ill is a reflection of the kindness or a society at large.  It is also a representation of the worthiness of a society to exist/survive. 

Has it ever been officially established that's he's mentally ill? All I've ever heard him say in his empty apologies is that he struggles with his temper. If he is mentally ill, what, if anything, is he doing about it?

Russell

« Reply #273 on: October 14, 2011, 04:08:51 PM »
Has it ever been officially established that's he's mentally ill? All I've ever heard him say in his empty apologies is that he struggles with his temper. If he is mentally ill, what, if anything, is he doing about it?
I think the question we should be asking ourselves is this, what is a person capable of doing about a disorder
like that? As far as I know, there's no cure for the disorder he's got. Even therapy isn't any kind of guarantee that
he will ever improve. And if his monetary circumstances are even half-true, then I'm not sure he's even capable
of getting any sort of money to get the kind of health care he needs to take care of his problems.

I also doubt he would admit having a disorder like that unless it was true.

Offline bta

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 739
  • Sort this; deliver that; I'll make 'em all pay.
« Reply #274 on: October 14, 2011, 04:14:25 PM »
No, the real question is:  Why is this thread listed under television shows when this is a movie we are discussing?!?!
\()/ 3~ \()/

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #275 on: October 14, 2011, 04:18:21 PM »
I think the question we should be asking ourselves is this, what is a person capable of doing about a disorder
like that? As far as I know, there's no cure for the disorder he's got. Even therapy isn't any kind of guarantee that
he will ever improve. And if his monetary circumstances are even half-true, then I'm not sure he's even capable
of getting any sort of money to get the kind of health care he needs to take care of his problems.

I also doubt he would admit having a disorder like that unless it was true.

Did he admit having Asperger's or anything else? If he did, I didn’t see it. Somebody please point it out.

It's not the point anyway. Whether or not therapy would prove successful has nothing to do with it. The point is taking steps to attempt to improve your situation. Has he done anything about this?

And don't give me that horseshit about monetary circumstances. Why is someone in such dire economic straits pondering whether to buy a 360 or a PS3? Why does this same person regularly post his latest Blu-Ray purchases that further fill up his massive collection. Why is this person planning to buy a Kindle? This money could and should be going to therapy and, if necessary, medication. The poverty argument, much like most of his arguments, has zero credibility.

anais.jude

« Reply #276 on: October 14, 2011, 04:20:36 PM »
No, the real question is:  Why is this thread listed under television shows when this is a movie we are discussing?!?!

I have to go with Mr Lover on this one

• Compsognathus
« Reply #277 on: October 14, 2011, 04:21:37 PM »
We havent discussed how great that movie truly is in 15 pages, give or take.

The point is taking steps to attempt to improve your situation. Has he done anything about this?

Yeah cause crazy people are great at self identifying and getting help. 

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3214
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #278 on: October 14, 2011, 04:23:22 PM »

Wait. We're discussing a movie here?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3900
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #279 on: October 14, 2011, 04:24:27 PM »

I have to go with Mr Lover on this one
Is it really that big of an issue :o

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2011, 04:24:44 PM »
The point is taking steps to attempt to improve your situation. Has he done anything about this?

That's horseshit as well! Doesn't he live with his family? Hasn't he admitted on numerous occasion that he has major behavior problems?

You got anything to say about the rest of my post, or are you just cherry-pickin' as usual?

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2011, 04:27:04 PM »
Cherry picken doesn't sound too fun.. :scared:

Invader_quirk

« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2011, 04:33:02 PM »
I think the points that Gunflyer and I are trying to make are

1. That may seem easy to you, but you have no idea.
2. He'd respond better and be more motivated to take those steps if he felt any sort of civility at all around here.
3. He will never be cured of this and the understanding individual would learn to ignore and not egg him on when he screws up.

And I get that some of you are not understanding people nor do you care to be.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:37:59 PM by Invader_quirk »

• Compsognathus
« Reply #283 on: October 14, 2011, 04:36:29 PM »

That's horseshit as well! Doesn't he live with his family? Hasn't he admitted on numerous occasion that he has major behavior problems?

You got anything to say about the rest of my post, or are you just cherry-pickin' as usual?

Yay the rest of your post is horseshit that does not deserve attention.  You have no idea what is money situation is and your conjecture about it is worthless. You have even less information on what crazy people are like.  Your lack of empathy for him is established, we get you do not like him and do care about him.  Got it.  Great.  You ought to care about him because it is the right and moral thing to do.  You clearly do not care about that either.   I doubt your the type who actual bothers with introspection, meaning you are not going to actually think about the value of your actions toward him.  Therefore there is no reason to try to convince you of about the morality of treating someone you do not like with respect.  You will do what you want no matter, and you will not pause long enough to evaluate why.  

Quit trying to add your opinion on doc you have established it fully.  

I also like how you believe fully that he lives with his family but think his money problem are false because it is inconvenient to your argument that he cannot be trusted.  

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #284 on: October 14, 2011, 04:37:17 PM »
Oh Look! PUPPAY!!