Author Topic: Star Trek 2009 sucks!  (Read 24000 times)

anais.jude

Re: Star Trek 2009 sucks!
« Reply #255 on: October 14, 2011, 12:38:29 PM »
Also, go to the RARGH thread and the Economic Downturn thread and see the reactions us forum members have to his current economic news. We may mock him because we are tired, but we some of us do still care. Why? because despite it all, he is one of us!  :highfive:

I completely disagree with this statement. Don't include me in this broad assessment.

My apologies. Is this better?

I guess, except I was really disagreeing with the "he is one of us" thing. He's not.

Eh, he's still a human being (albeit an immature one) and he does love rifftrax. I will respect your opinion though

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #256 on: October 14, 2011, 12:39:27 PM »
Shouldn't this post be in the Movies thread?
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

anais.jude

« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2011, 12:41:49 PM »
Shouldn't this post be in the Movies thread?

Oddly enough

Shouldn't this be in "movies", not "television"?   Fail.

Since Doc started this thread, it's expected to be in the wrong catagory :D

Offline a pretty girl is like

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 450
  • I hast had enow of thine effrontery!
« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2011, 12:42:56 PM »
Nah, it should be in the Fan Art Submissions section because there's some crazy Dada performance art shit totally happening here I'm sure of it.
I'm all out for kicks...and every inch of me spells EXCITEMENT!

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2011, 12:50:59 PM »
I hope he did not get a government art grant for it then. 

Invader_quirk

« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2011, 01:01:36 PM »
I would just like to say that I've always been sympathetic to Doctor Who?. The guy has asperger's, and it's clear that most of you don't understand what that is like. I have a friend with asperger's, you all know him as Insulterkiller or his other numerous aliases. I know him in real life and I'm why he came to this forum. I know it seems like Doc refuses to learn, but that's just part of it. It takes a long time, A VERY LONG TIME for somebody with asperger's to stop thinking about something that's bugged or hurt them, and they are also very prone to being hurt. Insulterkiller, as you may remember, LOVES Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey and was furious at Mike's riff. He was furious at me for liking the riff. It took him almost a YEAR to get over it. Does this mean he's a bad person who "refuses to learn"? No. He eventually got off it, but his disorder made it take a shockingly long time. He's also an extremely considerate person and genuinely cares for me and the few other people who've stuck by him. By taking part in this forum, Doc's trying to communicate with people he has trouble understanding, but the "adults" here don't seem to be giving him the same courtesy.

Gunflyer, I commend you. I really respect that you've stuck up for decency with almost everybody laughing off what you have to say.

Doctor Who?, you've got it rough and that probably won't change, but I hope you stay and I hope you and this forum can learn to get along.

This forum could be a little friendlier. I know it's based around insulting movies, but acting the same way towards people helps nothing.

Oh, and, except for the superfluous ice world chase, I liked the new Star Trek.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:08:30 PM by Invader_quirk »

anais.jude

« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »
The guy has asperger's, and it's clear that most of you don't understand what that is like.

Sorry, had to butt in here. I do know what this is like. I don't want to say why or how, but I do. So when I say I want Doc to learn it's because of that personal experience. I saw how this person made their life better. It took 28 years to learn a lot of those lessons, but this person did. So I will stand by my statement.

Well maybe I will modify it to: Doc Who only shows us the bad and not how he is working on changing. He could say he does meditation every morning for all I care, but give me some sense that he is trying to deal with it. I have no sense of that right now

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #262 on: October 14, 2011, 01:48:31 PM »
Also, go to the RARGH thread and the Economic Downturn thread and see the reactions us forum members have to his current economic news. We may mock him because we are tired, but we some of us do still care. Why? because despite it all, he is one of us!  :highfive:

I completely disagree with this statement. Don't include me in this broad's assessment.

My apologies. Is this better?

ok...fixed.

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #263 on: October 14, 2011, 02:22:37 PM »
I would just like to say that I've always been sympathetic to Doctor Who?. The guy has asperger's, and it's clear that most of you don't understand what that is like. I have a friend with asperger's, you all know him as Insulterkiller or his other numerous aliases. I know him in real life and I'm why he came to this forum. I know it seems like Doc refuses to learn, but that's just part of it. It takes a long time, A VERY LONG TIME for somebody with asperger's to stop thinking about something that's bugged or hurt them, and they are also very prone to being hurt. Insulterkiller, as you may remember, LOVES Nestor the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey and was furious at Mike's riff. He was furious at me for liking the riff. It took him almost a YEAR to get over it. Does this mean he's a bad person who "refuses to learn"? No. He eventually got off it, but his disorder made it take a shockingly long time. He's also an extremely considerate person and genuinely cares for me and the few other people who've stuck by him. By taking part in this forum, Doc's trying to communicate with people he has trouble understanding, but the "adults" here don't seem to be giving him the same courtesy.

Gunflyer, I commend you. I really respect that you've stuck up for decency with almost everybody laughing off what you have to say.

Doctor Who?, you've got it rough and that probably won't change, but I hope you stay and I hope you and this forum can learn to get along.

This forum could be a little friendlier. I know it's based around insulting movies, but acting the same way towards people helps nothing.

Oh, and, except for the superfluous ice world chase, I liked the new Star Trek.

This was addressed.  For one, we don't know if a claim of Asperger's is true or not.  Even if it is, we don't have to put up with it.  As I keep saying, children are rambunctious, but you would quickly lose patience if they run around screaming and making a mess while you're trying to eat in a nice restaurant.

Wurwolf put it better, but the short response is that just because you have a disorder that may make you act out doesn't permit you to act out with no repercussions.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3861
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #264 on: October 14, 2011, 02:36:54 PM »
Well Garsh! Did I miss more derailment dissection here?? :P

Offline lassieface

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
  • Stuff is fun n' stuff!
    • Striped Tea Cup
« Reply #265 on: October 14, 2011, 02:38:09 PM »
I've liked all of Abrams's movies. When people disagree I put my fingers in my ears and go "LALALALALALALAICANTHEARYOU!"

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #266 on: October 14, 2011, 03:06:41 PM »
I've liked all of Abrams's movies. When people disagree I put my fingers in my ears and go "LALALALALALALAICANTHEARYOU!"

Ah, I feel like James T. Kirk Chris Pine in that train movie "Unstoppable" trying to keep the thread on tracks and not derailing....

I did not think it was a BAD movie, just kind of an "okay" movie. 

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3180
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #267 on: October 14, 2011, 03:10:25 PM »
Well if we're going to start using threads for their intended purpose, I've never been much of a Star Trek fan (Nothing against it. Just never had the time.) but I thought the 2009 movie was a great time. I think what it did, and why the Star Trek fans don't all dig it, was make it a little more like Star Wars in tone and pacing, which serves my Star Wars fanboy needs well...

Offline jewishcarpenter

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 543
  • I grow flowers so pretty they'll make you throw up
« Reply #268 on: October 14, 2011, 03:23:43 PM »
Star Wars
Don't you  EVAR, say that word in a Star Trek thread EVAR again. *pees self*

Russell

« Reply #269 on: October 14, 2011, 03:24:55 PM »
Gunflyer, I want you to stop thinking about poor Doctor Who? and the people who provoke him without cause for a moment and read this:
I know what you guys are getting at, I really do. I also know the mind is a funny thing. I know
what it's like to feel withdrawn, paranoid and feel like nobody wants you around and you've
unreasonably resigned yourself to negative feelings and opinions about others(again, perhaps
intensely irrationally), and that's just me. How much worse is it for somebody who has a mental
disorder that can do things to a person that we can't even begin to imagine? I mean if this place
is the only outlet Doctor Who has, what is the harm in putting up with what he has to say? True,
I saw how he has gone off the deep end several times,  but he's just a person with problems that
make him an ordinary person just like the rest of us. If you don't like what he has to say, just ignore
him, because aggravating people like that seems to just derail threads(like this one, which I admit
I take responsibility in derailing it as well) and increase forum drama just for the sake of a cheap
laugh at the expense of somebody's emotions. Please, if that sounds unreasonable at all, just
tell me.

I myself suffer from really bad depression, and unfortunately I don't have health insurance and
can't afford it right now so I've got to try and work my way through it despite it being the worst
damn thing in the world for anybody to go through. Oddly enough, even though it's turned me
into an intensely pessimistic person, it has also made me a much more patient and tolerant
person.