login

Author Topic: Star Trek 2009 sucks!  (Read 24490 times)

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
    • Ortega's Covers
Re: Star Trek 2009 sucks!
« Reply #210 on: October 13, 2011, 10:53:26 PM »
Well, why i don't profess to be an expert on webdesign or netwroking, all the pages form every thread have to get stored somewhere, and some sites and message boards don't want their serverspace filled with 5684 pages on religious debate on a forum for cupcake baking.

They need a place to talk about the controversial topics like, chocolate or vanilla.

Dude, never bring up the chocolate or vanilla topic.

That is just what a chocolate lover would say. 

[Doc Who]I knew it, obviously this forum is not for vanilla lovers. Anyone who likes vanilla should be taken out and shot.[/Doc Who]

thank you thank you, tip your waitress.....

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2011, 10:55:02 PM »
consider yourself reproted.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2011, 10:57:05 PM »
Well, why i don't profess to be an expert on webdesign or netwroking, all the pages form every thread have to get stored somewhere, and some sites and message boards don't want their serverspace filled with 5684 pages on religious debate on a forum for cupcake baking.

They need a place to talk about the controversial topics like, chocolate or vanilla.

Dude, never bring up the chocolate or vanilla topic.

That is just what a chocolate lover would say.  

[Doc Who]I knew it, obviously this forum is not for vanilla lovers. Anyone who likes vanilla should be taken out and shot.[/Doc Who]

I can never get my waitresses attention
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:05:31 PM by sarcasm_made_Easy »

Russell

« Reply #213 on: October 13, 2011, 11:01:31 PM »
I would like to know something, did anybody actually ever try to communicate with Doctor
Who in private to find out what his issues were? Or did everybody just keep picking on him
anyway without any attempt at understanding?

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #214 on: October 13, 2011, 11:06:46 PM »
A few years back he pretty much admitted he had Asperger's.  Plus, after a few years patience and understanding, and an untold number of complete and utter freakouts, things give way to loathing.  Hence, ridicule.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #215 on: October 13, 2011, 11:07:44 PM »
The more serious conversations were discussed a bit more honestly in the RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH thread as early as tonight.  There is a rather strange amount of duality on the internet. 

Russell

« Reply #216 on: October 13, 2011, 11:09:24 PM »
A few years back he pretty much admitted he had Asperger's.  Plus, after a few years patience and understanding, and an untold number of complete and utter freakouts, things give way to loathing.  Hence, ridicule.
I have a cousin who has Asperger's, yes, I am serious. It has been a struggle not to ridicule
her when she acts like a total jerk, but I don't do it. You know why? Not just because
she is family, but because when people have a disability they cannot help but be the way
they are! That does not entitle me or anybody else to ridicule them behind their backs because
we don't like the way they behave. There's nothing amusing about belittling somebody or acting
condescending when they may very well feel they are justified for feeling the way they do.

When somebody behaves badly, I tend to want to reach out to that person. I tend to understand
the way a lot of people feel. I feel like sometimes I am an outcast and I'm not welcome anywhere,
so because of that I tend to reach out to the people who look like they're renegades but who at the
same time are vulnerable and are constantly picked on. My parents always taught me since i was
little that I should try and protect people who need it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:13:50 PM by Gunflyer »

• Compsognathus
« Reply #217 on: October 13, 2011, 11:12:35 PM »
I know you are acting rational and reasonable and even charitable man.  I totally understand that and even agree.  However what can we do?  Just ignore him when he goes off the rails every single day? 

Russell

« Reply #218 on: October 13, 2011, 11:16:39 PM »
I know you are acting rational and reasonable and even charitable man.  I totally understand that and even agree.  However what can we do?  Just ignore him when he goes off the rails every single day?  
We just do our best Sarc. My role is in part to reach out. Some people obviously don't feel comfortable
doing that. But I'm the kind who really wants people to let off steam while I listen, I guess I've always
been pretty good at that. There's always people who feel like they're outcasts who shouldn't feel like
that. Maybe just kind of help them adapt to a socially productive atmosphere.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3214
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #219 on: October 13, 2011, 11:16:49 PM »
Well, we shouldn't ridicule him on the spot for being who he is or for things he seems to have little control over. When not in freak-out mode, Doc Who? has provided a good many engaging and interesting conversations here. He's a good person, he just seems to have trouble percieving the greys between black and white. He seems to take disagreement as a personal affront, and while that's not the right kind of attitude to have in a crowd of snarky naysayers like us, it should probably be met with more understanding than is shown at times. Take the time to explain that while you might not agree with his opinion, it doesn't mean you think less of him for having it, and he usually calms down.

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #220 on: October 13, 2011, 11:17:18 PM »
A few years back he pretty much admitted he had Asperger's.  Plus, after a few years patience and understanding, and an untold number of complete and utter freakouts, things give way to loathing.  Hence, ridicule.
I have a cousin who has Asperger's, yes, I am serious. It has been a struggle not to ridicule
her when she acts like a total jerk, but I don't do it. You know why? Not just because
she is family, but because when people have a disability they cannot help but be the way
they are! That does not entitle me or anybody else to ridicule them behind their backs because
we don't like the way they behave. There's nothing amusing about belittling somebody or acting
condescending when they may very well feel they are justified for feeling the way they do.

Cool.  I commend you on the high road.  However, this board used to be my regular site, even was my home page for years.  But people like the illustrious Doc tried my patience, derailing every thread to culminate in someone somewhere being taken out and shot, or claiming that everyone hates him.  While he might have a problem, he does nothing to change it, and since he still posts prodigiously, he will try the patience of some people here.

Plus,  I freely admit that I'm kinda of a bastard.  ( See what i did there....)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #221 on: October 13, 2011, 11:20:14 PM »
Plus,  I freely admit that I'm kinda of a bastard.  ( See what i did there....)

not to mention, its written in your sig.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Russell

« Reply #222 on: October 13, 2011, 11:21:09 PM »
Cool.  I commend you on the high road.  However, this board used to be my regular site, even was my home page for years.  But people like the illustrious Doc tried my patience, derailing every thread to culminate in someone somewhere being taken out and shot, or claiming that everyone hates him.  While he might have a problem, he does nothing to change it, and since he still posts prodigiously, he will try the patience of some people here.
Plus,  I freely admit that I'm kinda of a bastard.  ( See what i did there....)
Thank you Ortega. In such situations I would probably just PM him and say something to the effect of "I know where
you're coming from, believe me, I do, but it would be best if you just talk to me about what's going on, and we can try
to find the answers together, because what you're saying may not be understood the way you want it to be on the forum."

I have realized one thing about people with Asperger's, it's that sometimes they have extreme difficulty articulating
what's on their minds. I empathize with that, because up until a few years ago I had a very similar difficulty.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:22:48 PM by Gunflyer »

• Compsognathus
« Reply #223 on: October 13, 2011, 11:21:49 PM »
He seems to take disagreement as a personal affront, and while that's not the right kind of attitude to have in a crowd of snarky naysayers like us,

HOW DARE YOU SIR.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #224 on: October 14, 2011, 12:08:16 AM »
:(  everyone went to bed.