login

Author Topic: Star Trek 2009 sucks!  (Read 22608 times)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: Star Trek 2009 sucks!
« Reply #195 on: October 13, 2011, 10:28:02 PM »
Yup, pretty classic standard grenade, aka religion.  But was mildly diverting.  
It's great that we can laugh about intentionally pushing somebody's hot buttons just for our
own amusement. It was pretty foolish of me to think we're all above that sort of thing.

The grenade happened before that moment.  And I very NEARLY engaged rvrlover in a serious conversation.  That is pretty rare.  

Russell

« Reply #196 on: October 13, 2011, 10:30:57 PM »
The grenade happened before that moment.  And I very NEARLY engaged rvrlover in a serious conversation.  That is pretty rare.  
I guess you can kinda see then why discussion of religion at all is prohibited on a lot of forums.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #197 on: October 13, 2011, 10:32:00 PM »
Its a good thing freedom of speech is embraced here.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #198 on: October 13, 2011, 10:34:18 PM »
I guess you can kinda see then why discussion of religion at all is prohibited on a lot of forums.

Not even close.  As a christian I find the very idea of limiting conversation of religion as offensive and basically cowardly. 

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 33
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #199 on: October 13, 2011, 10:36:08 PM »
well, quite honestly, religion can be discussed on this forum in a civil manner.  Just a few bad apples have ruined the bunch, so to speak.  Or rather turn an innocuous discussion with a few gentle back-handed comments into matters of life and death.  Again, why my time here on the board becomes shorter and shorter.  

Russell

« Reply #200 on: October 13, 2011, 10:37:19 PM »
Not even close.  As a christian I find the very idea of limiting conversation of religion as offensive and basically cowardly. 
I do see the reasons why, even though I don't consider myself spiritual I do consider myself religious.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #201 on: October 13, 2011, 10:38:51 PM »
well, quite honestly, religion can be discussed on this forum in a civil manner.  Just a few bad apples have ruined the bunch, so to speak.  Or rather turn an innocuous discussion with a few gentle back-handed comments into matters of life and death.  Again, why my time here on the board becomes shorter and shorter.  

Well like i said before man.  I wish it was not.  I always found you to be quite pleasant to have around. 

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #202 on: October 13, 2011, 10:41:07 PM »
Well, why i don't profess to be an expert on webdesign or netwroking, all the pages form every thread have to get stored somewhere, and some sites and message boards don't want their serverspace filled with 5684 pages on religious debate on a forum for cupcake baking.

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #203 on: October 13, 2011, 10:41:54 PM »
on a aside note, i gues i need to start using the quote function more often.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2011, 10:46:16 PM »
Well, why i don't profess to be an expert on webdesign or netwroking, all the pages form every thread have to get stored somewhere, and some sites and message boards don't want their serverspace filled with 5684 pages on religious debate on a forum for cupcake baking.

They need a place to talk about the controversial topics like, chocolate or vanilla.

Offline Ortega

• Not Hurt By Pain
    • Ortega's Covers
« Reply #205 on: October 13, 2011, 10:48:19 PM »

They need a place to talk about the controversial topics like, chocolate or vanilla.

Dude, never bring up the chocolate or vanilla topic.

anais.jude

« Reply #206 on: October 13, 2011, 10:48:55 PM »

Movie rules.  Thread over.

I am way hotter than that chick

• Compsognathus
« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2011, 10:49:36 PM »

That is just what a chocolate lover would say. 

Russell

« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2011, 10:50:31 PM »
I am way hotter than that chick
Well you should post a pic of yourself then :).

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2011, 10:51:47 PM »

That is just what a chocolate lover would say. 

neopalitan, bitch.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.