login

Author Topic: Star Trek 2009 sucks!  (Read 24352 times)

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: Star Trek 2009 sucks!
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2011, 09:14:51 PM »
In TNG it would be conducted on the Holodeck.  By the chaplains.  If they can have enlisted e-9s yet no e-1 through e-8s then on a ship full of officers i see no reason to believe  they would not have chaplains.  

Offline bta

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 739
  • Sort this; deliver that; I'll make 'em all pay.
« Reply #166 on: October 13, 2011, 09:15:29 PM »
My point is:  isn't Star Trek dissing Christianity as much as me and Sideswipe and other people are by not mentioning it?
It's almost like it doesn't exist in the future, or isn't a big part of space travel at the very least.  Science seems to be more important than praying in space.  
\()/ 3~ \()/

Russell

« Reply #167 on: October 13, 2011, 09:16:39 PM »
The Prophets are noncoporeal aliens
Sybock's god was a pissed off super power alien.
Canon please, because nowhere in the movie did they say God was an Alien? Yes I know
what the behind the scenes stuff said, irregardless of that fact, what they found was clearly
non-corporeal. And tell me, if you imagined God would you imagine anything less then a
non-corporeal alien?

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #168 on: October 13, 2011, 09:17:28 PM »
Picard's comments on religion in Who Watches The Watchers are right on.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Russell

« Reply #169 on: October 13, 2011, 09:19:39 PM »
My point is:  isn't Star Trek dissing Christianity as much as me and Sideswipe and other people are by not mentioning it?
It's almost like it doesn't exist in the future, or isn't a big part of space travel at the very least.  Science seems to be more important than praying in space. 
The simplest answer is that the creator(Roddenberry) didn't want religious ideas to come about
at all during the series, therefore, no churches, mosques, etc.

However, when DS9 came along, the show was free to explore ideas of God and his relationship
to man via the prophets. Whether churches are on the Enterprise or not, religion does still exist
in this vision of the future.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #170 on: October 13, 2011, 09:20:40 PM »
The Prophets are noncoporeal aliens
Sybock's god was a pissed off super power alien.
Canon please, because nowhere in the movie did they say God was an Alien? Yes I know
what the behind the scenes stuff said, irregardless of that fact, what they found was clearly
non-corporeal. And tell me, if you imagined God would you imagine anything less then a
non-corporeal alien?

Spock:   Sybock, this is not the god of Shockaree, or any other god.

Unless you think god is so weak he gets his ass handed to him by a Klingon bird of prey's disruptor.

Russell

« Reply #171 on: October 13, 2011, 09:22:11 PM »
Unless you think god is so weak he gets his ass handed to him by a Klingon bird of prey's disruptor.
Again, I didn't say he was God, I said he was The Devil, who is by definition not God. He may be a
God to others, but in any case it is clear he is a non-coporeal or spirit being of some kind.

Yes well Picard also believed that it was better to hire captain kirk then to go further back in
time and punch Soren in ten-forward. This is the SAME picard who believed it was okay to
Transplant native americans from a planet in the Cardassian DMZ and yet he resisted moving
the Sona from their planet. My point is Captain Picard is a hypocrite.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:23:45 PM by Gunflyer »

• Compsognathus
« Reply #172 on: October 13, 2011, 09:23:55 PM »
My point is:  isn't Star Trek dissing Christianity as much as me and Sideswipe and other people are by not mentioning it?

Not mentioning something is not a dis.  They never ate a roast beef sandwich on the show either, this does not represent star treks view on roast beef or sandwiches.  

Also religion and faith comes up CONSTANTLY in star trek.  There are many varying views of religion from many different episodes.  To hold that star trek in fact has one pervasive opinion on pretty much any topic, is pretty much easily thwarted.  

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #173 on: October 13, 2011, 09:26:31 PM »
Again, I didn't say he was God, I said he was The Devil, who is by definition not God. He may be a
God to others, but in any case it is clear he is a non-coporeal or spirit being of some kind.

Yes well Picard also believed that it was better to hire captain kirk then to go further back in
time and punch Soren in ten-forward. This is the SAME picard who believed it was okay to
Transplant native americans from a planet in the Cardassian DMZ and yet he resisted moving
the Sona from their planet. My point is Captain Picard is a hypocrite.

He did not believe it was ok to move the indians,  He got an agreement with the Cardassians so they could stay on there planet.

• Compsognathus
« Reply #174 on: October 13, 2011, 09:28:52 PM »
I hope you all know you have driven me to drink.  well... maybe driven is a bit strong.

Russell

« Reply #175 on: October 13, 2011, 09:29:54 PM »
He did not believe it was ok to move the indians,  He got an agreement with the Cardassians so they could stay on there planet.
Only after a shitload of prodding by Wesley! When it comes to white people though, he's ready to fight for their right to... to...
to violate everything about their culture by using weapons to destroy, which is what the Baku were against anyway.

Funny how Picard is an enlightened intellectual one minute, then the next he's a gung-ho action hero ready to yell "Yippee
ki-yay motherfucker".
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:31:51 PM by Gunflyer »

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #176 on: October 13, 2011, 09:32:12 PM »
wow, pulling the race card?  really?

Russell

« Reply #177 on: October 13, 2011, 09:32:59 PM »
wow, pulling the race card?  really?
Off-hand do you recall ONE Baku who was black?

Offline Thrifty

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 1272
  • Now available in non-prescription strength.
« Reply #178 on: October 13, 2011, 09:43:38 PM »
Is there a joke I'm missing out on, or do people really not see the absurdity of this entire thread?

• Compsognathus
« Reply #179 on: October 13, 2011, 09:44:11 PM »
We do but you are enjoying it so much that we thought, we would keep the show going.