login

Author Topic: Star Trek 2009 sucks!  (Read 23900 times)

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2052
  • Look at me!!
Re: Star Trek 2009 sucks!
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2011, 06:00:24 PM »
So you have never worked for a boss who had low standards because you wanted to work and put food on the table?  

I will repeat.  That is moronic.  Just because a boss has low standards doesn't mean you are off the hook for doing the absolute best you can.

I was bieng threated with death by wolf raping before it was cool!.

Russell

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2011, 06:01:16 PM »
because it has nothing to do with Star Trek other than a few names.  It doesn't feel like Star Trek, it feels like a generic sci fi movie.  The characterization is terrible.  The movie is poorly written and strung along by numerous improbable coincedences and unecessary subplots.  Spock/Uhura  wtf?  Reallly?  
Sideswipe... I've been watching Star Trek longer than you have, and I've been around long
enough to know Star Trek is about the characters, and yes, that includes the Enterprise.
Kirk feels like Kirk in the movie, and Spock even more so. It may be premature to have them
developing this early in the life of the movies, but they did anyway. Spock struggles with his
emotions, being half-human, admitting that he feels the emotions he has been taught to
shun, Kirk admits to himself that he needs to stop being an egotistic douchebag for just
one minute so he can formulate a plan with a man he knows will be his greatest ally.

A Romulan vessel comes back in time by accident, creating an alternate reality. Nero held off by Kirk's
 father via great heroism and the son must become the father, be the man his father was
and stop Earth's annihilation by accepting help from a Vulcan man who is at first  his
enemy, but through stealth and sheer determination the Enterprise 7 conspire to stop
the Mad man Nero from destroying all the planets in the Federation. I ask you again
Sideswipe, what about that Story is generic at all?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:03:08 PM by Gunflyer »

Doctor Who?

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2011, 06:09:52 PM »
So you have never worked for a boss who had low standards because you wanted to work and put food on the table?  

I will repeat.  That is moronic.  Just because a boss has low standards doesn't mean you are off the hook for doing the absolute best you can.

But you can't do the exact opposite of what your boss tells you.  if he want a script about a boy trying to impress a girl in his very first car you can't give him a script about robots fighting on an alien planet and expect to keep your job.

Also again you have stated that their work on Transofmers proves they did not work on Alias,Lost,or Fringe,where is your poof.  Read what i wrote about what is know about the outline they were given for the script. 

Brando phoned it in when he did a lot of his later movies,that does not mean he was unable to do good work.  Sometimes you just have to show up and work and give the boss what he wants and not worry that you know a better way to do it.  In the end the boss is the one who signs your checks and if he wants things done a certain way that is the way you do them because that is what you are paid for. It does not prove you can never do better work or that you have not done better work in the past.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2011, 06:11:46 PM »
because it has nothing to do with Star Trek other than a few names.  It doesn't feel like Star Trek, it feels like a generic sci fi movie.  The characterization is terrible.  The movie is poorly written and strung along by numerous improbable coincedences and unecessary subplots.  Spock/Uhura  wtf?  Reallly?  
Sideswipe... I've been watching Star Trek longer than you have, and I've been around long
enough to know Star Trek is about the characters, and yes, that includes the Enterprise.
Kirk feels like Kirk in the movie, and Spock even more so. It may be premature to have them
developing this early in the life of the movies, but they did anyway. Spock struggles with his
emotions, being half-human, admitting that he feels the emotions he has been taught to
shun, Kirk admits to himself that he needs to stop being an egotistic douchebag for just
one minute so he can formulate a plan with a man he knows will be his greatest ally.

A Romulan vessel comes back in time by accident, creating an alternate reality. Nero held off by Kirk's
 father via great heroism and the son must become the father, be the man his father was
and stop Earth's annihilation by accepting help from a Vulcan man who is at first  his
enemy, but through stealth and sheer determination the Enterprise 7 conspire to stop
the Mad man Nero from destroying all the planets in the Federation. I ask you again
Sideswipe, what about that Story is generic at all?

I also want to know how that is the exact same script as Transformers.

Russell

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2011, 06:13:35 PM »
I also want to know how that is the exact same script as Transformers.
I have no bloody idea Doctor.  :-\

Doctor Who?

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2011, 06:16:57 PM »
When i worked at Wal Mart I had to do things worse then i knew how all the time simply because that was the way the boss wanted it done,that doesn't make me a bad worker and that doesn't mean I only know how to work poorly.  it just means i did what the boss wanted collected my check and went home. I can not for the life of me think what is wrong with that.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2011, 06:20:48 PM »
You really need to learn how to read.  I didn't say anything about them not working on anything else, and you still haven't proven that they were forced to write a bad script.  Just saying " a boy trying to impress a girl in his very first car" doesn't mean you have do you worst possible job at writing it.  If that were in fact the case though, you would have to blame Stephen Spielberg, because that was his idea, he was involved before Michael Bay was.

They did absolutely nothing with Lost and wrote a whopping 10 episodes out of 105 for Alias, so I don't know what that proves.  As far as Fringe, I've never seen the show.  I've never heard anything spectaular about it though.  They also worked on The Island, wich was horrible,  Mission Impossible 3, wich was crap, and Cowboys and Aliens, wich was just kind of dull.

So prove to me that they were forced to write a bad script and phoned it it.  You can't because you pulled it out of your ass.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2011, 06:38:21 PM »
You really need to learn how to read.  I didn't say anything about them not working on anything else, and you still haven't proven that they were forced to write a bad script.  Just saying " a boy trying to impress a girl in his very first car" doesn't mean you have do you worst possible job at writing it.  If that were in fact the case though, you would have to blame Stephen Spielberg, because that was his idea, he was involved before Michael Bay was.

They did absolutely nothing with Lost and wrote a whopping 10 episodes out of 105 for Alias, so I don't know what that proves.  As far as Fringe, I've never seen the show.  I've never heard anything spectaular about it though.  They also worked on The Island, wich was horrible,  Mission Impossible 3, wich was crap, and Cowboys and Aliens, wich was just kind of dull.

So prove to me that they were forced to write a bad script and phoned it it.  You can't because you pulled it out of your ass.

Oh and you did claim they didn't work on those shows,you called bullshit on me for pointing out that they have worked on good shows.  You were in fact claiming that they did not work on those shows because their work on Transformer proved they hadn't done anything that was good.  I pointed out things that I have seen that are good that have their names in the writers,creators,and producers credits.

They were producers and script editor on Alias,those type people don't do a lot of writing but they rewrite a lot of other people's scripts and set the tone for the show.  Also Fringe is one of the best shows on TV.

Really you are letting your personal hatred of Transformers spill over into personal hatred for two writers you have never met.
Oh and in this country guilt is what has to be proven.  you want to prove they have never written a good script the burden of proof is on you.  You want to prove that Micheal Bay had nothing to do with the Transformers script,that burden of proof is on you.  Look at it this way I can't really tell Transformers apart from any other Bay film and yet these two have not written any of his other films besides The Island.   I can not think Transformers was a very good script to be involved in as a writer I mean look at the parties involved.  You have one of the most powerful producers in Hollywood,you have a big name studio,you have a powerful toy company,you have a powerful director,and you have the fact that it was decided long before they came on the project that the movie would be a giant ad for a car company.  if you think none of these things made demands on the script or had any effect on it then you really know nothing about film making.

Also since you have not seen the vast majority of their work you are in no place to judged it.  I have seen about 75% of their work and I would say they are mostly good. They come up with some pretty interesting characters,they keep the story fast paced and interest,and in general their stuff is fun too watch. You are judging work you have not even seen based on hatred of three movies.  At any rate this going nowhere and I am tired of this so i am going to bed.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2011, 06:50:27 PM »
oh, by the way, Star Trek had better reviews than The Dark Knight.

And your point?

Also, I said I liked the bridge crew, by which I mean Kirk, Spock, Chekov, Sulu, Uhura, Bones and Scotty. I though that cast was great and every time they were on screen it was awesome. The rest of it just wasn't that good.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:54:05 PM by ManUnderMask »
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2011, 06:51:19 PM »
Seriously, you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.  Are you a young Earth creationist by any chance.

All I stated that Star Trek was poorly written, that is what's called an opinion.  You on the other hand said:

I am guessing they were doing Tranformers because they were hired to write it and Bay wanted the movie done one way so they gave him the script he wanted.  

By your own admission you are pulling it out of your ass.  If you make a claim, you have to back it up with evidence.  We're not talking about guilty or innocence here, so that legal metaphor you made is more bullshit.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 07:21:37 PM by Sideswipe »

Russell

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2011, 06:52:44 PM »
Seriously, you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.  Are you a creationist by any chance.
Sideswipe, do not start making this personal because you're not just insulting him but me now too.  >:(

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2011, 06:57:27 PM »
they guy is making random statements about me that are completely not backed up by anything I posted.  How is that not personal to me?

Russell

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2011, 07:03:46 PM »
they guy is making random statements about me that are completely not backed up by anything I posted.  How is that not personal to me?
The problem is you said an insult that was meant to hurt him, but did the same to me.

Offline Sideswipe

• Compsognathus
  • Look at me!!
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2011, 07:04:57 PM »
are you a creationist?  If so thats a whole different debate I will take you up on.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3857
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2011, 07:06:07 PM »
Did you know STAR TREK IS NOT REAL!!  ;D