Author Topic: American Horror Story  (Read 5730 times)

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1269
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
American Horror Story
« on: October 12, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
A little Amityville, some Twin Peaks but overall I was interested in the first ep.  I'm wondering how it'll sustain a season though.
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
Re: American Horror Story
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 04:44:48 PM »
Same here.   After it was over, a couple buds and I basically asked each other "WTF was that?"   I dont know how they can keep that level of weirdness up for a full season, but I'll give it a try.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 04:56:43 PM »
Don't have FX, viewable on line?

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 05:17:35 PM »
Don't have FX, viewable on line?

Yep.

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/ahs

It's an odd show to say the least. The pilot is very scattered.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 05:19:06 PM »
OK bookmarked it. I will watch it and assess. :)

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 12:43:11 AM »
What in the HELL is going on with that woman's nose?!?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 04:08:13 AM »
Well, you certainly cannot say they are not trying.   I'm enjoying it as it is full of WTF moments, but I wonder about the ratings in our fine nation of "Dancing with the stars" viewers.   I cannot believe this is popular.

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 02:34:49 PM »
I think the show largely fails at delivering any suspense.... and therefore I just don't give a shit about any members of the main family... because the show gives me zero time to develop any sympathy for any of them... Of course it doesn't help that over the first 2-3 episodes the family was given a non-stop assault of creepy-as-fuck house, creepy-as-fuck neighbor, the creepy-as-fuck maid, the creepy-as-fuck burned guy, the creepy-as-fuck teenage therapy patient... and they were seemingly oblivious to all of it. How can I be scared when the damn family is too dense to be scared for themselves?

All that said, there is some fun to be had trying to keep pace with all the creepy-as-fuck plot threads flying around... sorta like a horror cliche take on "Lost" in that regard... Maybe I'll stick with it, but it has left me underwhelmed so far.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 02:37:48 PM »
I think the show largely fails at delivering any suspense.... and therefore I just don't give a shit about any members of the main family... because the show gives me zero time to develop any sympathy for any of them... Of course it doesn't help that over the first 2-3 episodes the family was given a non-stop assault of creepy-as-fuck house, creepy-as-fuck neighbor, the creepy-as-fuck maid, the creepy-as-fuck burned guy, the creepy-as-fuck teenage therapy patient... and they were seemingly oblivious to all of it. How can I be scared when the damn family is too dense to be scared for themselves?

All that said, there is some fun to be had trying to keep pace with all the creepy-as-fuck plot threads flying around... sorta like a horror cliche take on "Lost" in that regard... Maybe I'll stick with it, but it has left me underwhelmed so far.

Yeah, I don't find it scary at all. It's just way too over-the-top to be genuinely frightening. Still, I enjoy it for the camp.And that young maid. My goodness!

Offline Nunyerbiz

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 953
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 04:31:29 PM »
oh yea... if they ditched the old hag version of the maid and featured young hotness maid in every scene and called it "American Young Hotness Maid Story" then I would shower the show with praise... of which it would richly deserve.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 06:20:02 PM »
oh yea... if they ditched the old hag version of the maid and featured young hotness maid in every scene and called it "American Young Hotness Maid Story" then I would shower the show with praise... of which it would richly deserve.

:D

I'm pretty sure that's the name of the show in Japan.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 07:27:01 PM »

At least they are trying

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 11:21:09 PM »
This show has pretty much broken the kooky meter. I don't really know (or care) what the fuck's going on anymore.It really seems like they don't particularly care about story as much as just trying to be as weird as possible for the sake of being as weird as possible.

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 08:38:51 AM »
This show has pretty much broken the kooky meter. I don't really know (or care) what the fuck's going on anymore.It really seems like they don't particularly care about story as much as just trying to be as weird as possible for the sake of being as weird as possible.

I'm waiting for the Rosemary's Baby to be born.......

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 08:42:15 AM »

I'm waiting for the Rosemary's Baby to be born.......

Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen anyone's head spin around yet.