Author Topic: The Blues Brothers  (Read 785 times)

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
The Blues Brothers
« on: October 09, 2011, 08:52:51 PM »
Apparently John Belushi's widow, with Dan Aykroyd's blessing, is trying to develop a new tv series based on the Blues Brothers.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118042012

Thoughts?
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
Re: The Blues Brothers
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 12:31:31 AM »
I sense doom,  they can't even get good Blues artist cameos since all the best are dead now. 

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 03:44:12 AM »
Two related guys driving around the county in a car (that is part of their identity) getting in people's lives and solving mysteries.   All they need is to set up an evil nun as the Boss Hogg figure, and they can just recycle all the Dukes of Hazard scripts.

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 04:03:31 AM »
I think there was a Blues Brothers animated series at one point, starring Peter Aykroyd and Jim Belushi. So, the casting of this can only go uphill, right?

Doctor Who?

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 04:39:52 AM »
Apparently John Belushi's widow, with Dan Aykroyd's blessing, is trying to develop a new tv series based on the Blues Brothers.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118042012

Thoughts?

:gouge:

That is all.

Offline ScottotD

• Not Quite Legend
  • Liked: 1380
  • E Pluribum Anus forever
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 05:42:37 AM »
I can't even imagine the plot, Supernatural meets Glee?  Eh, if I don't like it I won't watch but seems like a crazy concept.  A Ghostbusters TV show would rock if done right imo
Scottotd on Instagram

"A thing I like that there was no chance would ever continue until recently is now continuing but it doesn't meet my exact personal specifications so fuck this"

- how I read any complaint about MST3k (or Star Wars or Ghostbusters)

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 01:13:41 PM »
I think a third live-action movie could be interesting if done right.  I actually have an idea for how it could be done.  It would sort of take elements from the officially licensed stage show The Blues Brothers Revival, which involves Elwood trying to rescue Jake from Purgatory by putting on a show.

My idea for the movie is that like the previous two, it would start out at the prison, but instead of being an inmate about to be paroled, Elwood is working there now as a janitor, since because of his criminal record, no one else would hire him, and the Warden took pity on him giving him a job at the prison, ironically to keep him from resorting to crime and going back to prison.  While he's working one day, he gets a visitor who looks kinda like Jake, and the man reveals to him that he's Jake's half-brother, Zee (who would of course be played by Jim Belushi), and that he sought Elwood out because Jake has been visiting him in his sleep telling him that he's trapped in Purgatory because he didn't do enough good deeds in his life to balance out all the crimes he committed, and so he needs Elwood and Zee to do a good deed in Jake's name, and to prove himself, Jake actually posesses Zee, something which happens periodically throughout the movie for comedic effect.  Wanting to help, but not being sure what to do, Jake visits the Penguin, who reveals that the hospital she's been administrating is losing money and is about to close.  So Jake decides the only thing to do is get the band back together and perform a huge benefit concert, which will be difficult because part of the terms of him not being sent to prison for his kidnapping of Buster in the previous film was that he had a restraining order placed on him saying that if he so much as wrote a letter to any of his former bandmates, his parole would be revoked and he would be sent back to prison for the rest of his life, with no hope of any further parole.  So Elwood is faced with a choice: life in prison for himself and possibly his bandmates, or an eternity in limbo for the man he considered his brother.  Of course he chooses to help Jake's soul in the end, but that's what's at stake throughout the movie. 
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Doctor Who?

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 08:52:44 AM »
I have to say I think the first movie is one of the most perfect comedies ever made I don't see why this is needed any more then we need a sequel to Duck Soup. Not to mention with one of the stars is dead,so that would be hard to get around.