Author Topic: Audio Dropouts?  (Read 1498 times)

Offline BDiamond

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
    • Prevarications & Exaggerations
Audio Dropouts?
« on: October 07, 2011, 01:37:21 AM »
Anyone else notice frequent audio dropouts in the divx or mpg versions? Is there a version without these dropouts? They're most noticeable during dialog.

Is it just me?
Buy my book! "The Angel of Lies" is on sale now!
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/50193

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 616
Re: Audio Dropouts?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 07:08:27 AM »
This is not a good movie in terms of audio - could you refer me to specific times in the movie so that I can check them out?
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.

Offline BDiamond

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
    • Prevarications & Exaggerations
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 03:01:30 PM »
From 30 minutes in to the end of the movie. Around the 30 minutes mark is the first scene with Braun and Eckhardt, right before Eckhardt shows Braun the room with the mutilated heads. The scene starts with a closeup of the diamond. Some of Eckhardts dialogue is lost completely.
Buy my book! "The Angel of Lies" is on sale now!
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/50193

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 221
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 05:42:25 PM »
The source audio is horrible on this one. At first, I thought that the problem was the mixing/compression like in Abraxas. But, after listening to the source audio file, it seems like it is the problem. Very annoying. It's such a good riff that I may be motivated to hunt down a better copy to use for re-mixing.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 616
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 08:30:01 PM »
Yeah, this one didn't have a lot of compression on it - the source really is just plain rough in places.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.