Author Topic: The Three Stooges (2012)  (Read 15304 times)

shodan

Re: The Three Stooges (2012)
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2011, 07:23:30 PM »
well the Farrelly brothers have managed to pull of physical comedy in their movies before so maybe this wont be terrible.
When was the last time they made a good movie?
i liked the remake of the heartbreak kid.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 537
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2011, 07:41:26 PM »
well the Farrelly brothers have managed to pull of physical comedy in their movies before so maybe this wont be terrible.
When was the last time they made a good movie?
i liked the remake of the heartbreak kid.

Russell

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2011, 07:43:40 PM »
Seeing as how that's the Stooge's entire schtick. you know that's exactly what this is gonna be.
Well I was hoping there would be some room for somebody taking the comedic high road, so to speak.

Offline daltysmilth

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 45
  • This is MY Enterprise. Eat it, Abrams!
    • My Space
« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2011, 07:46:50 AM »
Seeing as how that's the Stooge's entire schtick. you know that's exactly what this is gonna be.
Well I was hoping there would be some room for somebody taking the comedic high road, so to speak.

Come on, everybody knows the Three Stooges are all about highbrow, intellectual comedy.
CROW:  (Sinisterly) The Secret Government Eggo Project...
--Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

"Jason, Chess is a game of chance."
-- My friend Shawn to my friend Jason upon being defeated at a game of Chess.

http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=112104

Russell

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2011, 09:58:40 AM »
Come on, everybody knows the Three Stooges are all about highbrow, intellectual comedy.
Lowbrow does have its place, for example, I'd much rather see a Benny Hill movie. At least then the Nun with the cleavage-revealing swimsuit would be more appropriate. But I mean if they keep making movies in this direction, it would be like making a Poirot movie where Inspector Hastings is a chippendale dancer and a pimp on the side.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 10:07:12 AM by Gunflyer »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3886
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2012, 01:34:35 AM »
I braced myself for awful when I caught the trailer the other day, and was surprisingly intrigued. I don't think I'm sold yet, but this movie has my attention.

Keep in mind that during movie trailers/Commercials, the goal is to show you the parts of the movie that Hollywood execs want you to see, and in comedy movie trailers they're often wrong. Remember all those old ad-spots for the first couple seasons of King of the Hill where they'd find the couple seconds of show footage that made it seem low-brow and risque, when it was really just a few well-justified seconds of the show? Nuns in bikinis and lobster-groin-crunches don't give me much hope for this movie, but it might just be the most test-group-friendly bits we're seeing. Right in the middle of the trailer is a true-to-form, actually-funny, well-choreographed stooge fight. If the movie can bring more of that, then it might actually work...

Like I said, I don't think I'm sold, but I see faint glimmers of hope...

Offline Smith Dr John Smith

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 178
  • I say what a wonderful butler,He's so violent!
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2012, 06:30:55 AM »
Every time I come across news about this the only thing I can think is...Really ???

This just seems like it should be a joke on Robot Chicken instead of a real thing.
Fave Rifftrax:The Room Fave MST3K:Manos
Fave DW story of last year:TAP/TRF.  Fave classic series story:Inferno
Fave film of 2011:Tie The Muppets/Tintin
Fave iRiff group:One wall cinema
Fave movie:Citizen Kane.
Still stuck on dial up.
Ignore me or report me.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6572
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2012, 12:35:52 PM »
This just seems like it should be a joke on Robot Chicken instead of a real thing.
Agreed!

Since I'm not really a Stooge fan, I don't care that it doesn't look good to me. But I feel really sorry for people that are fans.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2012, 02:11:48 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iA6DLxKLkfU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iA6DLxKLkfU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

You know, the more I see of this, the more I think it's just going to be delightful. I especially like the part where the one guy strikes the other guy.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6572
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2012, 07:03:33 PM »
*sigh* Just reminds me of how damn repetative the Three Stooges are, which is why I don't really like them. I guess that makes it reasonably authentic.

Except for the bit with Curly having explosives in his vest from the first trailer. That bit still makes me laugh a little.

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2012, 07:19:05 PM »
Yeah, it's exactly like the Stooges I used to not laugh at as a kid. Just standing there, poking eyes, bopping each other on the head, and socking each other in the stomach for what seems like a humorless eternity.

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2012, 09:31:27 PM »
Why can't we get a biopic of these guys? Their actual story is so much more interesting.

THIS.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2012, 09:37:25 PM »
Why can't we get a biopic of these guys? Their actual story is so much more interesting.

They did. Back in 2000. As an ABC Made For TV. As bad as that may sound (and not wholly accurate), it's definitely worth watching. A pre-"The Shield" Michael Chiklis played Curly (and quite well, I'd say). It chronicles their early days in vaudeville up until their fading obscurity. It's actually quite touching.

Oh, cool. I'll go find that, I guess.

Good news, everyone! I found it streaming free on Crackle! Hope you enjoy it, Raefire.  ;D

It's on Hulu+, as well. Yippee!
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2012, 12:00:44 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xcBgX1tv23I?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xcBgX1tv23I?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

I assume Stoogesta induces vomiting?

And now they're in drag? Honestly, could this get any funnier?!?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3886
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2012, 12:09:56 PM »
I just don't know. The trailers give me alternating vibes. I'll watch one trailer with some awesome slapstick fighting and clever Stoogesque gags and think, "Hey that looks pretty good." and then I'll watch the next trailer, and the stooges are farting in a sinking car. I want to believe it will be like the first trailer, but experience tells me it's going to be farting Stooges...