login

Author Topic: The Three Stooges (2012)  (Read 15316 times)

Russell

Re: The Three Stooges (2012)
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2011, 08:50:59 PM »
I'm not sure who this second-hand embarrassment belongs to, but I'm feeling it for ALL responsible for this movie.

I refuse to believe that Adam Sandler isn't in someway somehow involved in this. I'm gonna find the connection...if it's the last thing I do.

*DUN DUN DUUUUUUNNNNN*
If it is Adam Sandler you can bet there'll be product placement ALL over this fucking movie(See Jack and Jill.. or not).

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6579
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2011, 08:53:01 PM »

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 539
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2011, 08:58:52 PM »
Why can't we get a biopic of these guys? Their actual story is so much more interesting.

They did. Back in 2000. As an ABC Made For TV. As bad as that may sound (and not wholly accurate), it's definitely worth watching. A pre-"The Shield" Michael Chiklis played Curly (and quite well, I'd say). It chronicles their early days in vaudeville up until their fading obscurity. It's actually quite touching.

Oh, cool. I'll go find that, I guess.

Good news, everyone! I found it streaming free on Crackle! Hope you enjoy it, Raefire.  ;D

Russell

« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »
I think the "magic" of the Three Stooges has been lost. Not only has physical comedy been played to death and beyond, this generation and possibly even the last doesn't really have what it takes to get the Three Stooges. And if they updated the Stooges for modern day, they're not really the Three Stooges anymore. I am however guessing the movie will most definitely end with each of them poking each other in the eyes while slapping each other around too. At best, this film will be downright mediocre, but most likely it will suck Devastator balls.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:48:05 PM by Gunflyer »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2011, 06:55:06 AM »
this generation and possibly even the last doesn't really have what it takes to get the Three Stooges.
What? That's like saying "you don't have what it takes to eat babyfood". I think this generation (and the last) have grown up, and want a little more from their comedy than simple slapstick with little variety. Their shtic is old and tired, that is the problem. Yeah, slapstick still works, but the little variety that the Stooges give on it has always been my problem with them (and I love other groups like Laurel and Hardy).

Russell

« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2011, 03:05:48 PM »
What? That's like saying "you don't have what it takes to eat babyfood". I think this generation (and the last) have grown up, and want a little more from their comedy than simple slapstick with little variety. Their shtic is old and tired, that is the problem. Yeah, slapstick still works, but the little variety that the Stooges give on it has always been my problem with them (and I love other groups like Laurel and Hardy).
I see where you're coming from. Unfortunately the inescapable assertion is also that slapstick can cater to the lowest common denominator.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2011, 03:24:38 PM »
I see where you're coming from. Unfortunately the inescapable assertion is also that slapstick can cater to the lowest common denominator.
I think slapstick does cater to the lowest common denominator, which is why it is so universally appreceated. That isn't necessarily a bad thing if it is done well, and creatively to prevent it getting stale.

Russell

« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2011, 03:49:04 PM »
I think slapstick does cater to the lowest common denominator, which is why it is so universally appreceated. That isn't necessarily a bad thing if it is done well, and creatively to prevent it getting stale.
As long as it's not another series of fall down go boom or kicked in the crotch then fall down hard gags.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »
As long as it's not another series of fall down go boom or kicked in the crotch then fall down hard gags.

But, it works on so many levels.

Russell

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2011, 06:39:32 PM »

But, it works on so many levels.
Only in VERY limited circumstances. These days it takes a work of genius to make a crotch kicking gag funny without being completely dumb and stupid.

shodan

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2011, 06:42:00 PM »
well the Farrelly brothers have managed to pull of physical comedy in their movies before so maybe this wont be terrible.

Russell

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2011, 06:57:38 PM »
well the Farrelly brothers have managed to pull of physical comedy in their movies before so maybe this wont be terrible.
That's probably debatable Shodan. Their movies are pretty mediocre....Please keep in mind those are the same clowns who did Kingpin, Osmosis Jones, The Ringer, Stuck on you, and... oh, what's that other movie they just made, oh right... Hall pass! Even Michael Bay thought that movie was awful. ;)
Wait... were you being sarcastic again?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:59:18 PM by Gunflyer »

shodan

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2011, 07:04:27 PM »
no not this time. but i do think the zipper scene at the beginning of something about Mary make me laugh my ass off and involuntarily cringe at the same time.

Offline stansimpson

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 539
  • Show yourself! Otherwise, we'll kill some diffrum!
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2011, 07:09:42 PM »
When was the last time they made a good movie?

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2011, 07:18:21 PM »

Seeing as how that's the Stooge's entire schtick. you know that's exactly what this is gonna be.

When was the last time they made a good movie?

I think everything they've made since Mary has blown big time.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!