Author Topic: Actors from MST3K spotted on Riffed Hollywood movies.  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Vanpelf

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 1
Actors from MST3K spotted on Riffed Hollywood movies.
« on: April 24, 2012, 01:47:28 AM »
I am watching The Matrix Reloaded (easily one of my top 5 favorite Riffs) and I thought that I recognized one of the Agents (the one Morpheus fights on the semi-truck). Well I'll be damned, it's my old friend "The Slave" from Future War (easily one of my top five favorite MST3K episodes). It got me to wondering how much overlap there has been like that. I'm not really thinking about the cheesy B-movies that we watch with VOD, I'm sure Robert Z'Dar and Joe Estivez are constant stars in those. I'm wondering how many actors or even directors that we once thought would never make it past Mike and the Bots theater have since made it big in Hollywood.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:08:58 AM by Vanpelf »

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1185
Re: Actor's from MST3K spotted on Riffed Hollywood movies.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 05:50:14 AM »
Guy from "Castle of Fu Manchu" went on to have a lovely singing career.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/T9MuEA2eF8c" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/T9MuEA2eF8c</a>

Offline Vanpelf

• Disembaudio's Squadio
Re: Actors from MST3K spotted on Riffed Hollywood movies.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 02:09:40 AM »
Don't know what you are talking about....hehe.

Offline Vanpelf

• Disembaudio's Squadio
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 02:10:36 AM »
Also, that video is possibly the most awesome thing I have ever seen!

Offline Mrs. Dick Courier

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 1204
  • keeping an eye on the sammich since 1993
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 08:41:27 AM »
I don't know if all these actors are in any other riffed movies.  But this is sort of a hobby of mine.  I try to track down all the actors I can and watch all the stuff by them I can.  Yes, I have no life.   Here are some of my personal favorites :

Clayton Moore from "Radar Men From the Moon" was the Lone Ranger

Shaun Levy from Zombie Nightmare (Jim) is a pretty well known director now.  I remember watching a documentary for "Night at the Museum" and recognizing him.

Daran Norris (the club announcer in Hobgoblins) does quite a bit of voice work.  And Duane Whitaker (Roadrash) did a lot of movies.  Most notably for me, the redneck rapist in "Pulp Fiction"

Also, Cameron Mitchell was an excellent actor.  Check him out in "How to Marry a Millionaire" and "Carousel".  Unfortunately, as he got older the acting work got bad.

Droppo from "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" was on Sesame Street

Ian McShane (Deadwood and many others) and  Eric Braedon (Young and the Restless and many others) are in "Code Name Diamond Head"

Tim Van Patten (Master Ninja) is a big time director now

"Lost Continent" is full of them

That's not including actors like Roy Thinnes, Bela Lugosi, and James Earl Jones who were already well known actors.  There's so many.
Opticians are easy on the eyes

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6580
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 12:55:44 PM »

Droppo from "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" was on Sesame Street

MontyServo

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 01:11:57 PM »
Tim Van Patten (Master Ninja) is a big time director now

I came here to mock this statement, but the dude has done a lot of work on pretty much every major HBO television series.  And has an Emmy award to show for it.

Anywhoo...  James Ryan (the engineer from Space Mutiny) is the bad guy in a Heart video.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bX7xnOMD39Y?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bX7xnOMD39Y?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

At least I think it is him.

Offline Gandalf Lundgren

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 159
  • "You shall not pass, I must break you!"
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 05:49:53 AM »
Catherine Schell was in the KTMA episode "Cosmic Princess". She went on to be a Bond girl in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service". Another movie she was in "Moon Zero Two" was also riffed.

Brian Blessed is also in "Cosmic Princess".