Author Topic: Grammar WHO CARES?  (Read 76864 times)

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
Re: Grammar WHO CARES?
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2011, 11:31:46 AM »
Also yeah many people believe that knowledge = intelligence.  They are wrong. 
Be that as it may....

shodan

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2011, 11:46:06 AM »
Be that as it may....
intelligence, knowledge, wisdom  and reason form the foundation of most thought and are interrelated in many ways but they are separate entities and the presence of one does not necessitate the presence of the other, though sometimes one is found through one or more of the other

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 11:49:19 AM »
And again I say, be that as it may.....

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »
Be that as it may....
intelligence, knowledge, wisdom  and reason form the foundation of most thought and are interrelated in many ways but they are separate entities and the presence of one does not necessitate the presence of the other, though sometimes one is found through one or more of the other

Stop tossing your big words around, because you still sound like a moron. You are congratulating yourself for being smart in spite of your poor command of the English language, and you are ignoring the fact that other people view your claims of intelligence with skepticism because of your poor command of the English language. You are missing the entire point of communication -- if you cannot communicate properly, your words are likely to fall on deaf ears. And at that point, who cares how smart you are?

At this point I'm done. If you want to continue to write illegibly in a medium in which the entire point is to make yourself understood, then have at it.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Danecho1967

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2011, 11:59:26 AM »
Be that as it may....
I would add formal education to this list as well.  There is an odd assumption that, if someone does not have a formal higher education, then they will necessarily be ignorant on most subjects.  I went to college and learned a lot about computers, and nothing about history.  Today, by educating myself, I think I know more about history than I ever did about computers.  But I run into people who turn up their noses about self-education.  What you know is just as valid if you learned it in your living room as if you learned it in a college classroom.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 12:02:27 PM »
Be that as it may....

Stop tossing your big words around, because you still sound like a moron. You are congratulating yourself for being smart in spite of your poor command of the English language, and you are ignoring the fact that other people view your claims of intelligence with skepticism because of your poor command of the English language. You are missing the entire point of communication -- if you cannot communicate properly, your words are likely to fall on deaf ears. And at that point, who cares how smart you are?

At this point I'm done. If you want to continue to write illegibly in a medium in which the entire point is to make yourself understood, then have at it.

So the first time you misspell something or use bad gamer are you going to live up to the standard you have set for the rest of the world?  Will you declare yourself a worthless moron and kill yourself because you are too stupid to live and the world would be better off with out you? People like you should be forced by law to live to the standards they set for others. If I ran things the first time you misspelled something you would be taken out and shot. You have said that people that make spelling mistakes are stupid and have no right to live,I say that same standard should apply to you.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2011, 12:04:19 PM »
You have said that people that make spelling mistakes are stupid and have no right to live
Where did she say that? Quote it.

Offline wurwolf

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 4402
  • You're all invited to my bunga bunga party!
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2011, 12:04:38 PM »
Be that as it may....

So the first time you misspell something or use bad gamer are you going to live up to the standard you have set for the rest of the world?  Will you declare yourself a worthless moron and kill yourself because you are too stupid to live and the world would be better off with out you? People like you should be forced by law to live to the standards they set for others. If I ran things the first time you misspelled something you would be taken out and shot. You have said that people that make spelling mistakes are stupid and have no right to live,I say that same standard should apply to you.

This is comedy gold.
Bonhead #2
fs!!

Offline D.B. Barnes

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 6621
  • "AMIRITE?!?"
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2011, 12:08:18 PM »
Be that as it may....

Once again, not only have you completely missed the point, but you've spit hyperbolic nonsense into someone else's mouth. You're a fucking idiot and your act played out a long time ago. Give it a rest.
VIVA IL ESORDIO DEL DIABETE ADULTO DUCE!!!

Doctor Who?

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2011, 12:10:25 PM »
Be that as it may....

This is comedy gold.

Correct grammar would be "that was comedy gold" since you were responding to something said in the past not something that was being typed while you typed. You made a grammar mistake that means you are stupid and worthless should not even count as human.  If you do not ban yourself from this forum you are refusing to live by the standard you set for others.  You made a grammar mistake so you no longer count as human.

Offline doggans

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 453
  • w00tstock Photobomb is TEARING Zombie Wiseau APAHT
    • doggans.com
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2011, 12:12:46 PM »
Correct grammar would be "that was comedy gold" since you were responding to something said in the past not something that was being typed while you typed.

Technically, she's referring to a post that still exists, so "this is" is perfectly acceptable.

You made a grammar mistake that means you are stupid and worthless should not even count as human.

By whose standard?

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Very dapper
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2011, 12:13:40 PM »
Correct grammar would be "that was comedy gold"
No, it wouldn't. Doc you really aren't in the best position to talk about anyone's use of Grammar, especially as a debate tactic.

Offline sarcasm_made_Easy

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2011, 12:16:37 PM »
like you should be forced by law to live to the standards they set for others

As much as it runs contrary (kinda) to the very point i am making, yes damn it you should be force to live by standards set by others. 

If I ran things the first time you misspelled something you would be taken out and shot

Oh and the game is still on so....

KIM IL SUNG

Danecho1967

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2011, 12:19:36 PM »
If I ran things the first time you misspelled something you would be taken out and shot
Oh and the game is still on so....

KIM IL SUNG
As good an excuse as any to drink at work.

Doctor Who?

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2011, 12:20:09 PM »
Correct grammar would be "that was comedy gold"
No, it wouldn't. Doc you really aren't in the best position to talk about anyone's use of Grammar, especially as a debate tactic.

I am not demanding perfect grammar from everyone at all times,she is.  I just want her to live by her own standards.  You attacks anyone who makes even the smallest mistake when it comes to grammar and tells them they are worthless and have no right to speak. Then she goes and makes mistakes herself and she thinks she still has the right to judge the rest of us. She should leave this forum and never come back since by her own standards she is stupid and has no right to speak.